Thread: easycap blurry problem

Yes You Can!
    PSN
    G-skate13
    XBL
    ItzOnlyG

Question easycap blurry problem

Hey!

I received an easycap since a few days, because i can't upload clips from my ps3 to youtube anymore. I tryed some tests recording in composite with iuVCR but my clips are blurry.

I tried upload my clip to youtube just after recorded it to see the quality, and so the clip is sharp.

So the only solution I found at this time is upload to youtube then download each of my clips to have a correct quality, but it's very long.

Can anyone help me with this?

seeing as the blurry clip seemed ok when you uploaded to youtube, why dont you try editing blurry clips together and uploading a full video to youtube to see how the quality is?

Yes You Can!
    PSN
    G-skate13
    XBL
    ItzOnlyG

Quote Originally Posted by Tabloid View Post
    seeing as the blurry clip seemed ok when you uploaded to youtube, why dont you try editing blurry clips together and uploading a full video to youtube to see how the quality is?
    Ok, so I tryed to created a film with my editing software of the blurry clip, and I uploaded it to youtube, but this time it's still blurry

How it looks after uploaded then downloaded from youtube and after I added a fisheye :

Yes You Can!
    PSN
    G-skate13
    XBL
    ItzOnlyG

And here after I created a film of my blurry clip (still blurry) :

hmmm the second more blurry clip looks as if it has resample

for whatever application you are using to record with your easycap see if there's an option to turn resampling or interlacing off or something like that

it also sometimes happens if you're playing on a interlaced resolution on console, like 1080i or something similar

also, if you have sony vegas there's an option to disable resampling on pieces of media - if you have it that could also be helpful

but yeah to sum up, theres resampling on that blurry clip - the solution - find a way to disable it

I also have an easycap and have to deinterlace about 50% of the footage I capture. Sometimes it works perfectly, sometimes not. There doesn't seem to be any reason why. But what else do you expect from a $20 piece of plastic...
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself now

Blazing a Trail
    Steam
    Eastcoastskateboard1
    PSN
    anderson347
    XBL
    CoastSkates

get this program called virtual dub im guessing your on windows http://virtualdub.sourceforge.net/

the clips will have some lines on them at times but u can fix that by rendering them all out in wmm and then editing the clips in your normal software that you would use for editing
    L8 Media

Team Avid

Yes You Can!
    PSN
    G-skate13
    XBL
    ItzOnlyG

Quote Originally Posted by Tabloid View Post
    hmmm the second more blurry clip looks as if it has resample

for whatever application you are using to record with your easycap see if there's an option to turn resampling or interlacing off or something like that

it also sometimes happens if you're playing on a interlaced resolution on console, like 1080i or something similar

also, if you have sony vegas there's an option to disable resampling on pieces of media - if you have it that could also be helpful

but yeah to sum up, theres resampling on that blurry clip - the solution - find a way to disable it
    I don't think I play on a interlaced resolution because I use scart when I record,

but I'll look if I can remove this resampling in the capture software (I already disable resampling in sony vegas)

thanks

Yes You Can!
    PSN
    G-skate13
    XBL
    ItzOnlyG

Quote Originally Posted by briden View Post
    I also have an easycap and have to deinterlace about 50% of the footage I capture. Sometimes it works perfectly, sometimes not. There doesn't seem to be any reason why. But what else do you expect from a $20 piece of plastic...
    How do you deinterlace 50% of your footage?

Yes You Can!
    PSN
    G-skate13
    XBL
    ItzOnlyG

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastskateboard1 View Post
    get this program called virtual dub im guessing your on windows http://virtualdub.sourceforge.net/

the clips will have some lines on them at times but u can fix that by rendering them all out in wmm and then editing the clips in your normal software that you would use for editing
    How can I render in wmm?

XBL
    emericaridr11

if you have a Deinterlace Option called "Bob and Weave".... USE THAT ONE (think that one might be in virtual dub

I had a easycap too, but am on Mac so its a bit different

Quote Originally Posted by G-skate13 View Post
    How do you deinterlace 50% of your footage?
    It's one of the editing options after I capture clips.

Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself now

Yes You Can!
    PSN
    G-skate13
    XBL
    ItzOnlyG

Ok, I'll look this, and try the next time.

thanks guys for your help