Thread: Skate 3 Team Gameplay

Yes You Can!

Default Skate 3 Team Gameplay

Comments Welcome!

Awful Awfuls!

Well...that was...something...

It's not really my cup of tea with all the tricks displayed in this video, but if this is your style, by all means, go with it. However, there were some things that stuck out that can be corrected:

- EA Skate 3 2014 Team Gameplay. Drew blanks on a different title? Doesn't help that the intro has 2015 Team Gameplay.

- The music is definitely not my cup of tea. Mash-ups can sound good when they're mixed well. This...is not the case. Colt Ford, Luke Bryan, and Miranda Lambert to Crystal Method, Gnarls Barkley, and Westside Connection?! There's a reason country music doesn't mix well (or often) with dance, pop, or hip-hop. It was a good effort though.

- Intro @ :08 could've been broken up. Camera panning to each skater's face was okay. Only gripe was their faces were at the bottom of the frame when it should've been at the center. Could've stopped it there, and made another clip from another angle showing the skaters running. Come to think of it, I'm not even sure if there was a point to them running to nowhere in particular.

- 1:01 - "& Coo-bang" text probably could've been left out for that quick a transition (then again, I've done that.) Was fine having his name at bottom-left of screen, but if he was a guest, could've added that above his name.

- On a couple of instances, the camera ran too close to an object, causing a portion of that object to disappear (1:06 & 3:11). Try to avoid that.

- 1:38 - Suddenly there's skate sounds with the clips. What happened to the sound on all the clips before that?

- Find some better angles for the tricks in the video. Most clips do not need to start with someone else watching you. There were a few examples, but 3:05 sticks out the most.

- You don't need a water ripple transition for most of the video. A simple hard cut or fade does the trick.

- 5:37 - Another clip that could've been broken up into a couple clips. One could've been a long lens shot of the skaters going to the spot; the other a still shot of all three skating the spot one after the other. That camera sweep was too much.

- Keep the skaters in the frame. There were a number of shots where their heads were cut off.

Have played with iMovie, but doesn't provide a lot of freedom when it comes to editing. If you shore those things up, you'll be fine.

Good effort.
    Last edited by Amphan; 12-05-2014 at 05:06 PM.

Yes You Can!

Thanks Amphan! I appreciate the feedback and I'll apply your suggestions for the next video!