Thread: Is anyone interested in another contest?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Steam
    TheIronz
    XBL
    TheIronz

Default Is anyone interested in another contest?

This section seems to be seriously lacking in the activity, so how about for 2015 we try and give it some life again?

To be honest the post is premature at best, I don't have a fixed plan, but if it was my call, I'd love to see a KOTR style event take place within the world. I saw there was another thread for one, but from what I could tell it never materialized.

So if anyone would be interested in some friendly skate competition, post here, lets bounce some ideas around and surely we will come up with something good.

(P.S If we did go for a KOTR style theme, we could maybe head out in little teams, that way maybe some new guys that can't film for whatever reason could maybe get a few captured by one of the more OG players in their team.)

Potential KOTR Challenges:

1) Perform a line that ends with a jump into water
    2) Double-grind a double kink rail
    3) Perform a line that involves a coffin under an obstacle, hippy jump or flip an obstacle, and ollie or trick over an obstacle
    4) Airwalk over a sidewalk
    5) Perform a natas spin
    Last edited by TheIronz; 02-23-2015 at 01:57 PM.

i think the idea of a KOTR has been mentioned before

i can gurantee you everyone on fluckit would be 'interested' but doing the event and organising all the stuff is definitely the hard part

like everyone else though i would be definitely down to contribute if it happened

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Steam
    TheIronz
    XBL
    TheIronz

Yeah I totally know what you mean, was trying to organise 20+ people for a car meet on GTA last night and its was difficult at best.

Well if no-one else wanted too I don't mind trying to get things organised, but I would definately need some OG help for the challenges.

I think if we try to have any more than around 3 people deciding the list and what-not it will be prone to stalling... but I am sure there are a couple guys out there that wouldn't mind taking a look through the real list, picking out the ones we can use and adapting the ones we can't. Maybe to help things stay motivated, the 3 guys that decide the list, could be 3 "team captains", that way they have some investment in the project and a reason to push things forward.

Let me know if anyone is interested, or even if you like the idea of some kind of competition, but not this one.

Steam
    Muhzy
    XBL
    Im Felly

The KOTR idea is sick man! We should do that!

Currently working on something!...

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Steam
    TheIronz
    XBL
    TheIronz

Well, seeing as we only have 3 people so far, why don't we be the three team captains?

Maybe once we have a rough plan of attack a few more heads might pop in to contribute.

Im going to edit the original post with a couple "off the top of my head" challenges just to see if anyone else comes up with something.

Im down. Ill be the guy in the black suit jacket and dirty green sweatpants steppin out of the space docker.

Edit: and yeah this has been tried a good number of times. Hope it goes through