Thread: my fruit display....

Steam
    Monkadelic

Default my fruit display....

I made this today for the reunion party at the Joint Rehabilitation Center in the hospital. the entire piece stands roughly 4 feet high. the pineapples on the palm tree are attached by 36" inch stainless steel skewers spot wielded to a 25 lb stainless steel 24" diameter base ( the trees are actually able to sway back and worth due to the weight of the pineapples simulating a windy day.

the hammock was made from a half of an eggplant scooped out.

a flower consisting of a honeydew, an orange, and a strawberry rose.

a better view of the base... using the tops of the pineapples as bushes around the trunks with strawberry flowers in them.

and i hand made strawberry roses with cucumber petals for each individual patient that came through:

i was asked by at least 10 ppl today to do this for like wedding receptions im stoked that i can make some side monies off this.... but i dunno what to charge for it...

for this display only ( and you would have to be there in person just to see how vast it really is.... the fruit itself i sued cost about 120 dollars.... with time and labor plus a little bit of profit im thinking around the 200 -250 range..... what do you guys think? is that a decent price for something like this at a wedding or an upscale reception for the big wigs?

id love to hear some comments on this... cuz i plan to make this into a side biz outside of work.

wow.

that word pretty much covers it.

good job. and damn good dedication man

Banned

Thats effing crazy man. Good shit.

140 for materials...

2 hours time...

sounds like 150 profit...

id charge 250 or 3...
    depending on what they want...

i love fod displays hahahah

awesome shit...

That's crazy right there. You could be making some serious money on this man. Demz is right, you could be charging 250-300 easy.

joshmutiny

dude, i know people who charge 500+ for stuff not even NEAR as good as that. $250-300 is a bargain.

ERIKDOTCOM

Judging by Josh's post, I'd charge $300 since you're doing it as a side thing instead of a main job. Sick btw

Steam
    Monkadelic

im starting to learn how to do animal carvings also.... like yellow squash monkeys and eggplant penguins n stuff so next time i do pineapple trees i can have some monkeys on it.... there is soooooo much you can do with this the possibilities are literally endless.... plus its fun and im getting to use shit at work so the learning curve is free for me... this usually is an expensive art to learn cuz if you screw up a single cut ur losing the vegetable or fruit you are working on more or less...

thanks for taking interest in this stuff; its always good to know what someone does outside the game

AWESOME !

i suck at art and stuff like that :P