Thread: THUG PRO (PC)

Default THUG PRO (PC)

Just thought I would make this thread for anyone who is interested in playing the classic tony hawk games once again. This mod is able to play online and I would love to play with some of you guys on there sometime. I'll just start this off with the requirements, but I cannot assist any further if something goes wrong with the installation. I'll post the forum link a little below and some of them can assist you if you run into any problems.

You will need Tony Hawk's Underground 2 installed.

I bought a legitimate copy off ebay for ten bucks, but it's well worth that if you enjoyed the series. I can't help you find a cracked version of the game, but I know it's out there. This mod contains every level from THPS4 to THUG2 and bits and pieces from different games, a couple levels from THPS1-3, one from Project 8, and another from that Disney game, Andy's room. It's a spectacular collection, close enough to that all mighty THPS HD collection of every game put together that I could ask for, but with the THUG2 overhaul, practically flawless in my book.

If you have the game installed and are ready to go, next you need to install this = http://dl.thugpro.com/THUGProSetup.exe

In case you don't trust me on putting that link, and why would you? Here is a link to the forum thread one of the creators made = http://thmods.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=423

Once you go through that, it'll just ask to be shown where your directory is for the original THUG2 game and start installing the mod, which loads as a completely separate game all together. After that is all said and done, it'll ask to import saves and a desktop shortcut and he says to say yes to both. After you have done that, just open the launcher and fuck with the settings to your liking and then start playing, hope to see some of you guys on there!

Here's a pic of my dumb look-alike of me on it, playing in Manhattan from THUG.

Last edited by NotedDerk; 02-25-2015 at 06:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Steam
    TheIronz
    XBL
    TheIronz

Does it require a beasty PC to play? When I tried to run Gran turismo 3 back in the day... The 3 second countdown to start the race took 18 second in real time!

My new pc can run almost anything, it's not a beast, but it works great. I can't say if it takes a lot, the games were out during the ps2 era so it can't be too bad. You said that gran turismo 3 ran like shit though so I can't imagine your pc will handle it, smoothly anyway.
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !

Steam
    skategunner
    PSN
    freeZeskates
    XBL
    XfreeZe

This is so sick just started playing and damn it is nostalgic
    but how do i get the gamepad controls to work?
    Cleanery Bud!

Quote Originally Posted by xfreeZe View Post
    but how do i get the gamepad controls to work?
    Open up the launcher and go to gamepad bindings, not sure if you already knew this, just covering all the bases. I'm currently using a xbox 360 wired controller, and you just have to manually push what you want each button to be. Sadly, I guess most pc's don't recognize the triggers to be two separate buttons, so I just used the right trigger for reverts and the back button as the other, in order to do spine transfers. It's not comfortable at all, but it'll have to do until I can figure out how to get my pc to see the triggers are two buttons. You can't rotate with the bumpers though, both will just make you hop off your board, I'll have to fiddle with the bindings some more, but I hope that helps buddy.

Steam
    skategunner
    PSN
    freeZeskates
    XBL
    XfreeZe

Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    Open up the launcher and go to gamepad bindings, not sure if you already knew this, just covering all the bases. I'm currently using a xbox 360 wired controller, and you just have to manually push what you want each button to be. Sadly, I guess most pc's don't recognize the triggers to be two separate buttons, so I just used the right trigger for reverts and the back button as the other, in order to do spine transfers. It's not comfortable at all, but it'll have to do until I can figure out how to get my pc to see the triggers are two buttons. You can't rotate with the bumpers though, both will just make you hop off your board, I'll have to fiddle with the bindings some more, but I hope that helps buddy.
    all buttons work for me, we gotta get some online sessions in soon tho
    Cleanery Bud!

Quote Originally Posted by xfreeZe View Post
    all buttons work for me, we gotta get some online sessions in soon tho
    Great to hear man, I don't remember your timezone compared to mine, so I'll just look for you on chat if we're both on and we can shred arcade style!

Edit: Just found out they added the skatepark from the original, all they had before yesterday was school 1 and downhill jam, so happy these guys are doing this.
    Last edited by NotedDerk; 02-27-2015 at 05:09 PM.