Thread: What do you know about games?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    XBL
    TheDietTea

So I've been getting pretty into basketball simulation games, lately it's been NBA 2K though.
    I started thinking and noticed something. NBA LIVE hasn't been dropping yearly like other games.
    Yet they came out with a next gen release, come to find EA gave them more time to get their shit together, about 2 years!
    There's clearly competition for NBA Live with NBA 2K, some even say they prefer 2K.
    Seemed like Skate didn't really have competition, so if they needed more time why didnt they get it like NBA live? Breathin life into dead stuff I know but it struck me as odd anyway.

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    So I've been getting pretty into basketball simulation games, lately it's been NBA 2K though.
    I started thinking and noticed something. NBA LIVE hasn't been dropping yearly like other games.
    Yet they came out with a next gen release, come to find EA gave them more time to get their shit together, about 2 years!
    There's clearly competition for NBA Live with NBA 2K, some even say they prefer 2K.
    Seemed like Skate didn't really have competition, so if they needed more time why didnt they get it like NBA live? Breathin life into dead stuff I know but it struck me as odd anyway.

They took the time they needed on NBA Live because 2K WAS Competition, and 2K was blowing it out of the water. They wanted to compete with a hot market, and needed to take time *to* compete.

Skate on the other hand, having no competition, reads off to the industry as a lack of interest in skateboarding. EA reads that as a decline of profitability from a skating game. Bazoom.
    The artist formerly known as Luft

XBL
    TheDietTea

Can still use this thread I guess.

I was struck with a bit of confusion today..
    Some Arcade games that I've purchased are no longer accessible?
    How is this even possible??
    So I found and read a few forums..
    The licenses expire, games are removed, Period?
    It's as if the huge corporations MS and maybe even Sony don't take responsibility.
    This is a real drag..
    Not just my money out of pocket but some games are digital exclusives.
    To think they may be gone forever one day sucks.
    Isn't this the digital age? Freakin a..
    Microsoft even went as far as adding features like pinning things to your dashboard.
    So that you can download again later.
    This license thing however, renders this feature useless in a matter of time.
    Here's what I was greeted with today;
    "This game is no longer available and has been removed from your pins."
    Talk about feeling jipped..
    Last edited by Antwan; 08-05-2015 at 06:45 PM.