Thread: Critique my first short film?

Default Critique my first short film?

Last edited by Bonksz; 03-25-2015 at 03:39 PM.

XBL
    ILL NODERUS

I watched it. Filming was good. Certain scene transitions felt not entirely smooth. Plot made me watch, though I question the thought process of the characters. If they started picking through the leaves to salvage any remaining bud would have been a good scene. Idk, lol. Overall, cool camera, acting was decent, stage combat was a little weak but its all good. I want a part 2.

Quote Originally Posted by ILL NODERUS View Post
    I watched it. Filming was good. Certain scene transitions felt not entirely smooth. Plot made me watch, though I question the thought process of the characters. If they started picking through the leaves to salvage any remaining bud would have been a good scene. Idk, lol. Overall, cool camera, acting was decent, stage combat was a little weak but its all good. I want a part 2.
    Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it. I see what you mean with the transitions. Originally the story had 3 characters but due to a deadline for the project for school and the weather lately I only had one day to shoot it. The angles, script and fight scene was all improv. But I do plan on doing a part two once school is on break so I can be more prepared for part 2.

XBL
    ILL NODERUS

No problem, keep doing what your doing. I like watching peoples film projects for school. The guy with the beard felt very natural in scene. Improv can get the best out of people who don't typically act. Have fun mate.

Awful Awfuls!

Not bad, Bonksz. Angles weren't bad. Some additional angles could've been of benefit and even a little first-person perspective.

I agree with ILL about the transitions being rough, and the fighting being a little weak, but hey, I give you props for doing this. It's not easy, and takes time. Keep it up.
    Last edited by Amphan; 03-26-2015 at 03:40 PM.

Thanks guys, a few guys want a part two so I'm gonna save up for some lights to give it a good ending and spend time on doing better fight scenes. But I just wanted to know what transitions seemed rough to you? It'll be easier to fix the problem once I see which ones are a bit rough.

XBL
    ILL NODERUS

0:29-0:30...0:59-1:00...2:18-2:19 all seemed like troubled transitions. The chase was done well. Nothing else popped out as much as those 3 transitions. You did a lot right, so thats awesome.