Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Skate 4

Luft couldn't have summed it up any better, if I wasn't a moron when it came to explaining, it would have been completely identical to what he said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

XBL
    TheDietTea

Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    You're thinking of re-releases. This was a reboot, the game was rebuilt using old designs and the IP, what you're thinking of is HD re-releases where they beef up the textures and maybe fix up a few models. THPS HD was a ground-up rebuilding using the level designs and intellectual properties of the THPS games of the past. The problem is, they did it poorly. The physics were really bad compared to older tony hawk games, and the game felt really trashy in comparison.

The problem with Robomodo is that they're going about these games the wrong way. Tony Hawk Pro Skater was a labor of love to skateboarding, but it wasn't really a skateboarding game. It was an arcade platformer with a skateboarding theme. Robomodo is trying to make arcade skateboarding games with a video game "theme," leading to awkward gameplay physics, a lack of focus, and instead on trying to go back to basics, they worry about shit like powerups to make up for it. I honestly can't blame them for trying with THPSHD, it's clear that there was effort put into it, it just wasn't good.
    Ok, that makes sense. Fair enough.
    You know just a couple of years ago Tony Hawk's Pro skater was the simulation skateboarding game.
    I think our views have shifted from what it is to what it isn't.
    It was one the reasons I started skating in real life.
    Motion captured animations, free play, there's still a certain freedom in how you play the game. All of these games out today have some sort of restriction but it really boils down to how you use that freedom to make things you like possible, you often find things you didn't know you would like too.
    This is why I'm so drawn to skateboarding games, it's so much like skating it's insane.
    Control scheme, physics, all debatable personal preference based on current technology.
    Granted it might be the old fanboy in me but I believe that using what you have still holds true.

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    Ok, that makes sense. Fair enough.
    You know just a couple of years ago Tony Hawk's Pro skater was the simulation skateboarding game.
    I think our views have shifted from what it is to what it isn't.
    It was one the reasons I started skating in real life.
    Motion captured animations, free play, there's still a certain freedom in how you play the game. All of these games out today have some sort of restriction but it really boils down to how you use that freedom to make things you like possible, you often find things you didn't know you would like too.
    This is why I'm so drawn to skateboarding games, it's so much like skating it's insane.
    Control scheme, physics, all debatable personal preference based on current technology.
    Granted it might be the old fanboy in me but I believe that using what you have still holds true.
    Yea, using what you have is good and well, but the argument here is that Robomodo isn't gonna make anything better than what we have. If you want Tony Hawk style gameplay, THUG Pro (thanks for mentioning it Derk, it's killer) is probably the best thing out there (and even without mods, every TH game except for Ride and Shred are better than HD if you ask me), and there's no real reason to believe Robomodo is going to do better with THPS5. If you want real sim stuff to work with, well, we still have the 3 Skate games to work with. I'd *like* to be proven wrong by Robomodo and get another actually good THPS game, I just don't expect it, and it's a valid complaint when a sequel isn't expected to be as good as its predecessors.
    The artist formerly known as Luft

Seeing the Light
    Steam
    joemartian

(My thoughts, fight me later at the playground after school if you disagree, unless you're a L7 Weenie!)...

Late to the discussion, but yea EA Skate 4 is not going to happen.

I feel that EA doesn't even support EA Skate franchise anymore because of their big marketing games (Battlefield and upcoming Star Wars BattleFront), and if they did, we would've gotten an EA Skate game by 2012 or even 2011.

What most people from the YouTube side of ea skate community are not understanding that EA needs developers to create games. Even though EA could've easily hire people to create another EA Skate game, but didn't and want to focus on other games that have bigger names. Yea we can have big names out there to send a message to EA, but no luck and it's all in EA to do whatever they want to do. I personally don't care and if they did make another ea skate game, cool I'll play it.

It would be a huge turn around if EA relaunched the EA Skate community website, not likely going to happened.

If EA were to make another skateboarding, guarantee it won't be like the EA Skate Franchise, or who knows. Does EA even own the rights for stick controls of skateboarding lol?

In other words, I don't care if a skate 4 is going to happen (not likely) it's whatever EA decides to do with EA Skate. I stopped playing it because I honestly felt bored of it and want to play new games that I can actually have fun in (personal opinion, fight me.) I just want to play THPS 5 and feel nostalgic while playing it and 100% that bitch!

Quote Originally Posted by bohemian View Post
    only acceptable combo of skateboarding and projectiles are a future skate-plugin for gta
    Gta IV has a Skate Mod.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7e45dkbYDs

Now for when V get the same treatment. Ill let ya know lol 'crosses fingers'

hehe ive seen this. its a sweet tease of whats to come (hopefully)

Blazing a Trail
    Steam
    Eastcoastskateboard1
    PSN
    anderson347
    XBL
    CoastSkates

No joemar I heard someone else had the license for the flick it controls.
    L8 Media

Team Avid

PSN
    RadishRanger

I don't know what to say anymore... I never trust anything from his mouth...
    "A bitch is a bitch is a bitch" - Ernest Hemingway, the OG 1940's gangsta

Chief Alcohol Strategist momadaddy's Avatar
    PSN
    momadaddy
    XBL
    momadaddy

jesus look at his arms.

"Your friendship with xi SATORI ix has been broken"

Quote Originally Posted by Radish View Post
    I never trust anything from his mouth...
    Exactly, don't ever believe a thing he says. You can check out the site of that ben guy at http://www.torahhorse.com/
    Why would EA give him creative control? I'm not ragging on the guy for his work, but Skate 4 would be a MUCH LARGER project then any indie game.

Just wait until someone with more concrete credentials comes along and says it's on it's way, or just blow it off like any other retarded announcement Albert makes on a constant basis.
    Last edited by NotedDerk; 05-20-2015 at 07:47 PM.
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !

PSN
    RadishRanger

Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    I'm not ragging on the guy for his work, but Skate 4 would be a MUCH LARGER project then any indie game.
    I thought the same exact thing. I just felt that this needed to be posted for everyone to gather around and laugh at. Now, shall we?
    *gets bowl of popcorn* *reads comments* *laughs with mouth full of food*

He already said the Skate 4 tweet was a joke, that was so fast, haha.

https://twitter.com/torahhorse/statu...45903945478144

lol albert even commented on that tweet: "Don't joke around like that, grow up."

wow..

PSN
    RadishRanger

That's gold.

I'd love to tweet back to him about the grow up part, but he wouldn't learn anything and that would give him attention.
    I'll just cherish the fact that this ben guy got his panties wet and then left him on his period, thank you ben. <3

XBL
    TheDietTea

Fuck all that other shit.
    Let's start really thinking here.
    What we know is Tony Hawk wants to promote skating as much as possible, on every platform, any media.
    This suggests more time for the franchise to attempt games.
    Now, What if Tony Hawk obtained the trademarks/copyrights etc through EA for Skate and Flick it?
    Obviously you have to hire the old blackbox team back again.
    Even if it failed it would be an awesome opportunity to get shit rolling again.
    Tell me that a professional skater wouldn't want that project.
    There's a fluckin idea.

Feel free to quote or paraphrase any info from the Cuz article. But if it gets published on YT as "Albert's Interview With Cuz" I will be so fucking mad that I will return to this thread and express disapproval. I swear to god I'll fucking do it. Don't test me.
    Last edited by BladderBoy; 05-26-2015 at 12:23 AM.
    likebuttermag.com
    XBL: BladderBoy
    PSN: TheLikeButterGuy
    Steam: monthackma

PSN
    momadaddy
    XBL
    momadaddy

cuz is too cool

XBL
    TheDietTea

Oh yeah, been a while for me. Not sure if it was directed to me but would still like to read again.
    Someone link me? If it's really that big of a deal we should just private message eachother about things like that.

XBL
    emericaridr11

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    Oh yeah, been a while for me. Not sure if it was directed to me but would still like to read again.
    Someone link me? If it's really that big of a deal we should just private message eachother about things like that.
    First Page.... it was directed to Coast...... but Ill just relink it for you anyways

http://issuu.com/bladderboy/docs/likebuttermag07

Page 66

XBL
    TheDietTea

Cheers, still a good read too.
    Still have to wonder if they would hop back on board no pun intended if it meant keeping the franchise going.
    Another interview BB?

Here's one I just came across a few days ago if you guys haven't seen it yet
    http://www.redbull.com/us/en/games/s...-retrospective

Fluckin' Hatchling

I doubt we'll see anything for a long time. The guy who did project blank has gone quiet which is a huge shame, hopefully he's not been taken out by EA's mafia.

If there was going to be a new skate, the guys need to aim for this, which is what I imagine the original developers wanted the franchise to end up like.

https://youtu.be/v0hzuOPKnNg

XBL
    TheDietTea

Hey, give them as much time as they need just let it happen.
    My point is that we have more available to us, more we can do to make something happen.
    We might just be reaching out the the wrong people.
    I honestly have no idea what would happen if Tony Hawk took over Skate.
    I don't know if he even can but everything starts as an idea.
    I believe that video has been shared Everytime we've talked about skate 4.
    I'm not any less stoked about skateboarding simulation possibilities in seeing it either.
    I've done everything in my power to share those types of projects too.
    Project Blank, BMX the game, I had all of my friends on board.
    I'm just trying to figure where these types of projects can get some real financial backing.
    If you guys really want something to happen then let's brainstorm.
    We've broken the game time and time again to suit our styles.
    Contributed some fresh ideas to the series, we are some smart motherfuckers!

Starting point;
    A list of Major people and game development companies

Part 2;
    Sifting through for more suitable parties

And so on.
    Granted there's no promises here, but are we just going to sit and wait?

Fluckin' Hatchling

Same. I don't think that we'd be able to get anyone else to do it, but surely we have enough people on this forum who are on the same page as us to start something ourselves.

For starters then, what game engines are out there that would be good for a next gen skate game?

XBL
    TheDietTea

Current gen you mean?
    I'm not sure on that one. I think they are still figuring things out.
    I don't mean a kickstarter either, forget that completely.
    I mean, if we as a community were to dream up a skate 4 scenario
    What would that mean? Would it be story driven? Would it be a huge sandbox environment with no loading?
    Sky's the limit. Here's a few contenders for developers.
    They are all that came to mind for me.

2K Sports
    Bandai Namco
    Rockstar Games
    Capcom

I know we've poked fun at rockstar games making a skate something but
    What if they really did? Like a dramatic cut scene fucking sandbox story driven game?
    It would give them reasons to think about architecture differently, sculpt a unique city.
    Just shit like this! I would love to hear thoughts about these companies or any other potentials.
    Think freely.

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

Hey Antwan, Rockstar made Thrasher. I know I'd be down for a next gen version.

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by pawnluvguitarist View Post
    Hey Antwan, Rockstar made Thrasher. I know I'd be down for a next gen version.
    I was corrected on this before, Rockstar didn't make thrasher, they published it. Z-Axis developed it
    The artist formerly known as Luft

XBL
    emericaridr11

was I the only one who also loved this game??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URqUK72LhNM

Thrasher and Grind Session miss them old time feelings

XBL
    TheDietTea

Well if rockstar published it someone should convince them to hire on a new team and publish another one haha.
    Blackbox? Hmm hmm? Its a funny thought but they did say they got inspiration from skate.
    I have no issue with any developer attempting a skateboarding simulation something.
    So long as they do their research. Reboots of those old games would be interesting.
    I've never played grind session or skate n destroy sadly.
    Still looks like there's some nice ideas there.
    It was pure tony hawk for me until og skate.
    I want to get some old game systems again though so I'll keep an eye out for those.
    I always wanted to try Dave Mirra when I was younger and had to settle for the Matt Hoffman demo.
    I might've missed out on other games if I had those simulation titles though.
    Considering how much time I've spent on skate haha.

z-axis developed it, and then became part of activision blizzard and changed their name to underground development and then went defunct in 2010. i dont know who holds rights to a game (devs, pubs, distributors or a combo move), but if z-axis had any, and activision acquired them with their acquisition of z-axis, then id say it's trapped in limbo never to be made again.

edit: and yeah emerica i loved that game. lake tahoe was my favorite but they were all good tracks. remember you could run over chickens and stuff?! hahaha
    Last edited by EmmitBrown; 06-05-2015 at 01:58 AM.

Steam
    is gas form of water.
    PSN
    GhettoSk8aBoi
    XBL
    No.
    Wii
    No again.

Quote Originally Posted by emericaridr11 View Post
    was I the only one who also loved this game??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URqUK72LhNM

Thrasher and Grind Session miss them old time feelings
    E! Flashbacks from playing that game when I was like 4 made me want a board at 8. lmao I have been searching for this game for years. Accidentally helped a homie out! haha
    YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/byounsk8
    PSN: GhettoSk8aBoi
    DEVD STCK Collective
    UnHeard
    Gorilla Kult SB
    Regs skate shop

Lb Mag: http://issuu.com/bladderboy/docs

XBL
    emericaridr11

Quote Originally Posted by GSB MLP I-XL View Post
    E! Flashbacks from playing that game when I was like 4 made me want a board at 8. lmao I have been searching for this game for years. Accidentally helped a homie out! haha
    hell yeah your welcome

XBL
    TheDietTea

Had a few minutes, thought this would be a nice change of pace.
    This is the first time I've thought about it so my list is pretty short.
    Skate 4 tricks, what would we add? Go!

Primos

Start a fliptrick and darkcatch halfway through rotation while close to the surface of an object or on flatground.
    Won't work if you have too much height.
    If you have enough momentum you can manipulate the spin of the board while on its side for a short time using the left stick.

No comply flip tricks

Plant your foot and flick the right stick in the motion of the fliptrick you want a no comply variation of.
    Hard to say how this should work..
    I imagine it being a fast flick to make it happen.

Hippie Jump 50-50s
    Just have it less likely that you'll bail out trying these, but still have to work for it.
    These tricks are instant bails in real grind scenarios currently.

Fliptrick footplants
    Use the preferred trigger to catch the fliptrick and plant a foot.
    Less likely to bail out if done right.

Cannonballs
    Start a nose or tail grab, while still holding that first trigger and doing the first grab, do the reverse and hold the other trigger.

Sal-flips
    This one sounds tricky but I love this trick.
    While rolling, get off the board but at the same time flick the right stick in a hardflip motion. Blaow!

XBL
    Stokenstein

Our best option currently for getting EA to do anything Skate related is to vote on those Xbox One backwards compatibility polls. Skate is doing well and has a SHIT TON of comments, however the more, the better. It would let them know that hey, there is a market for your game and a market that has adopted next-gen consoles.

As for Rockstar, we have already contacted the head of Rockstar and he expressed his love for Thrasher and skateboarding in general, but didn't sound very into a skateboarding game. They've got their cash cows, you know.

Skate was a perfect formula. A new game coming along and trying to do what Skate accomplished would probably result in a disappointment and that could harm what we actually want even more because other developers would look at a skateboarding game that flops and just steer clear of the genre after.

Showing our interest as customers is the best option. Throwing ideas out for content, trying to hit up other developers, and all that is probably going to do nothing. Skate was huge for a while, it's on people's radar and if other developers see us hooting' n hollerin' for another Skate then someone else might come along and try to grab the market. I dunno...

Tony Hawk is trying to cash in on THPS, not skateboarding in general. He can talk about his love for skateboarding and bringing it to a game, but that's just bullshit PR talk. People who enjoy THPS enjoy it for what it is, not because it involves skateboarding. Those people are already expressing their disinterest with the new THPS as well... it looks AWFUL, especially for a next-gen game. I have a feeling it may be the nail in the coffin for the THPS series anyways.

PS: Albert can fuck the fuck off. What a POS.

XBL
    RETURNOFDJMACK

Wow have not been on here in a while. Personally I don't like how THPS 5 looks for a next gen game looks but im just happy to see a new skateboarding game. As for another skateboarding game I cant help but think it is going to be a street league game.
    Youtube:[URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/DriftinDmack555"]

Fluckit Master

Why are we still making topics about Skate 4? Seems rather pointless..

PSN
    momadaddy
    XBL
    momadaddy

this thread is tldr. i want to but dont have the patients. maybe one day

XBL
    TheDietTea

I don't see what the big deal is haha.
    Skate is skate.. Talk of the current games or skate 4.
    I just wondered where you all saw skate going next if it were continued (tomorrow)
    It was just general curiosity and I thought those things would be interesting to think about.
    They are for me anyways.
    How can you want a skate sim if you don't know what skate sim you want?

Sorry to derail the thread, but does anyone know if the Streets of San Fransisco park on page 75 of that magazine is still available? It looks amazing!