Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
Ok, that makes sense. Fair enough.
You know just a couple of years ago Tony Hawk's Pro skater was the simulation skateboarding game.
I think our views have shifted from what it is to what it isn't.
It was one the reasons I started skating in real life.
Motion captured animations, free play, there's still a certain freedom in how you play the game. All of these games out today have some sort of restriction but it really boils down to how you use that freedom to make things you like possible, you often find things you didn't know you would like too.
This is why I'm so drawn to skateboarding games, it's so much like skating it's insane.
Control scheme, physics, all debatable personal preference based on current technology.
Granted it might be the old fanboy in me but I believe that using what you have still holds true.
Yea, using what you have is good and well, but the argument here is that Robomodo isn't gonna make anything better than what we have. If you want Tony Hawk style gameplay, THUG Pro (thanks for mentioning it Derk, it's killer) is probably the best thing out there (and even without mods, every TH game except for Ride and Shred are better than HD if you ask me), and there's no real reason to believe Robomodo is going to do better with THPS5. If you want real sim stuff to work with, well, we still have the 3 Skate games to work with. I'd *like* to be proven wrong by Robomodo and get another actually good THPS game, I just don't expect it, and it's a valid complaint when a sequel isn't expected to be as good as its predecessors.