Thread: what game you guys playing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Steam
    TheIronz
    XBL
    TheIronz

I understand that the simulation is on point, but is there any customisation? I need forza style livery editors in a racing game now that Forza is my racing life. Also, from what I have seen, which isnt much, is alot more about actual race-cars than production cars right? Can you still get something like a Nissan 200sx in stock trim and mod it alittle?

There's a bunch of liveries and the tuning is real deep but theres no visual mods to the cars. i play from helmet view anyway and the game lets you focus on the actual racing instead of what rims you have and what decals etc.

and no you cant add any performance mods. all cars are already modded to be at their best. you just need to tune them.

edit: it plays completely different than forza and gt. i read someone elses comment somewhere that said pcars makes gran turismo feel like cruisin usa. i agree. same with forza.
    Last edited by EmmitBrown; 05-16-2015 at 03:23 AM.

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Steam
    TheIronz
    XBL
    TheIronz

I understand, I do love an accurate simulation, but from what I have seen so far, Forza laptimes are currently closer to the real life laptimes on many tracks in comparable cars.

And as much as I would like better physics and all the rest of that stuff, I still need the things that forza offers which allow things like Drifting clubs, and Street Tuners and Muscle Draggers to be able to replicate their passions.

Merge em, merge em for the betterment of everybody.

stuff is still getting added and the game is gonna keep progressing. itll never be as easy to just pick up and drive tho, like forza or gt. it's unforgiving and part of it's charm is that if you don't take the race seriously and pay attention the whole time you could lose the race from a split second lapse in judgment. personally i dont think drifting belongs in a racing game because its not racing. sideways will never be the fastest way around a track. you can tune your car to make it more capable of drifting tho. i don't really understand the forza lap times comment.

professional drivers have gotten within hundreths of a second of their actual lap times on courses they know in pcars. a number of them use it to practice for actual races. rene rast, ben collins (og stig), etc. forza is like easy mode on skate and pcars is hardcore mode. no railmagnetism, etc.

edit: you should check out their forums. see some other peoples opinions of the game. there's a bunch of people with all different views on the game and what should be included. i think theres gonna be an oval course/stock car dlc eventually, as well as other things planned for the future.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forum.php
    Last edited by EmmitBrown; 05-16-2015 at 12:28 PM.

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Steam
    TheIronz
    XBL
    TheIronz

I just got back from my buddies house that has the game. I wasnt too impressed to be honest. I only drove the Lotus indy car thing, but coming from someone that has driven a Formula Ford open wheel race-car around Snetterton, to me it felt nothing like simulation. The front end was washy and the gear box seemed almost broken. He did say some things about wheel bugs and such though, so it might of been that.

PC:
    GTA V
    The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
    DiRT Rally
    Trials

Xbox:
    Skate 1,2,3.
    Only reason I still have a console.
    "She had a fanny like a packet of cheddar and onion McCoys. 50p. High fat content. Stunk of coagulted cow-juice. Udder shudder. Chop an onion. Makes you cry. So did her snatch. Growled at me like a rapist's dog. My favourite crisps."

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

I just started playing Elder Scrolls IV:Oblivion again with some new mods to freshen it up. Other than that, too broke for new games.
    The artist formerly known as Luft

@ironz what system was it on? x1 has a lot of bugs right now. also, nothing is setup right out of the box. it takes a while to get the control settings and tuning proper. any number of things could make it not feel right. ive been tuning one car and tweaking control sensitivity and deadzones and all types of other things for like 4 days.

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Steam
    TheIronz
    XBL
    TheIronz

PC, and he did mention that it was buggy, like audio and video going out of synch, audio slowing to half speed, streering rack locking up and you get like 20% of your left to right lock. There was a track that would rev the engine up like you where driving over rollers or oil everytime we went through it too.

I think I will give it a go a bit on down the road.