Thread: PS3 Upload to youtube

Fluckin' Hatchling

Default PS3 Upload to youtube

I know there's been a few threads in the past on this but the only conclusion I found from browsing was that only accounts without google+ integration could use the feature and I apologize in advance if I'm wrong about this but didn't youtube recently make it so that even legacy accounts (the one's made before google+) now have to use google+? In which case, I was wondering how it's possible for some of you to still be uploading directly from the game.

I haven't gotten the google+ error yet, instead it tells me that my username/password is wrong despite me trying everything you would class as a 'username' on the current youtube. So far I've tried using - the email address of the youtube account, the display name (doesn't have any spaces), the code thing at the end of the channel url or userid whatever it's called and the channelID (I think that's what the other one is called).

If this has already been solved on a thread I apologize, the only ones I could find were only a couple months outdated but I know youtube's changed alot in the recent months.

Thanks in advance guys.

Awful Awfuls!

You're right that profiles without Google+ work with this feature; however, since you're asked to make a Google+ page whenever you log on to Youtube every once in a while, disconnecting the ability to attach one to your profile is what makes it work.

As for the other problem you mentioned, Google have beefed up their security. If you have a Gmail account attached to your profile, open that account and there should be a message regarding a sign-in attempt being blocked, where it gives you links if the attempt was not from you or it was.

Click the link in the latter option (meaning it was from you) that talks about allowing "Less Secure Apps". An additional page should pop up that will have the simple option of turning on or off less secure apps. Just turn on the option when you're uploading videos and off when you're not. You'll get messages about that option being turned on every time you do, but you can use those messages as an easier way to access the page.

I hope this helps.

Fluckin' Hatchling

Okay that explains a tonne, thank you.
    So is it still possible to detach google+ from an existing account or make a new account without google+ integration?
    I enabled access from less secure apps but not sure what I should use for the 'username' field, I'll check my email now and see if I have the blocked login attempt email.

Thanks a bunch for all the detail pal, didn't expect such a thorough reply.

Awful Awfuls!

It's impossible to make a new YT account without being asked about making a Google+ page (Google working together with Youtube being the reason). You can allow it, but then you can disconnect it afterwards.

The way you would do that is going to the 'Creator Studio' of your profile (available after you click on your profile picture on the upper-right side of the screen), then click 'Channel', then 'Advanced'. The ability to disconnect the Google+ page is located under 'Account Information'.

As for what to add after allowing less secure apps, just type in your email and password to that particular YT account when you're prompted to do so. It should work after that.
    Last edited by Amphan; 05-22-2015 at 09:20 AM.

Fluckin' Hatchling

Thanks again for the reply!

I've checked on 3 of my current Youtube accounts and the option doesn't seem to be there.
    I'm going to create a new account, allow it create a page and then try and disconnect it. I tried deleting the Google+ page from the Page Settings but it couldn't be deleted as it was linked to the youtube channel, it presented it me with two links, one for disconnect and one for delete. I followed the disconnect link but it just lead to the account settings page of my Youtube channel and there still didn't seem to be any option to disconnect it there.

I fixed the invalid username problem using the emails like you said, so that's one problem solved, thanks for that. Now I just keep running into the dreaded 'error 8002d001'.

Awful Awfuls!

Crap, my bad.

It's actually under 'Youtube Settings'. In the same area where you would the 'Creator' Studio button, and literally next to it.
    Click on that and you should find it.

Fluckin' Hatchling

Damn sorry to mither man but would you be able to send a screenshot of were the disconnect page option should be? I've checked all the menu's in both creator studio and Youtube Settings and I can't find it but maybe I'm just not realizing it's there.
    Are there any requirements to have the option? Like, does the account have to be new or does it need to have been created before a certain date or something?

Sorry to pester you though dude, you just seem to be the most informed and have managed to get it to work. I really appreciate all the help though, I've been putting off making my video part as my current capture card sucks and requires alot more effort and memory to use.
    Thanks again mate
    Last edited by Ephyr; 05-22-2015 at 12:36 PM.

Awful Awfuls!

No worries. You're not bothering me at all.

You don't have to look very far for the link to disconnect Google+. The page you see after clicking on 'Youtube Settings' should have your YT Channel name with your email address under it. Below the e-mail is the link for Google+; it will say one of two things:

'Connect Channel with Google+' (if you don't have a page connected) or 'Disconnect Google+'

Just follow the steps afterwards and you're good to go. I wish I could capture a pic, but I can't at the moment.

XBL
    emericaridr11

If I recall correctly (I might be wrong) but.....
    I think you only have this Disconnect Option if you made your YT Account before 2011... again I could be wrong, but I had this "Disconnect from Google+" option for my old YT Account but not my new one

anyways I think he means go here.... I think

Awful Awfuls!

Exactly what I'm talking about. It would appear between the e-mail address and the 'Advanced' link (then again, I've had my profile before Google made the deal with YT, and I don't have a G+ page, so...)

Anyway, that's the place. Thanks E.

Fluckin' Hatchling

Damn that must be it then. All of my accounts were made way after 2011. I've been searching about the error in general and it seems to be a dead end for anyone without an account made before 2011.

Thanks a tonne for the help guys, I'll keep trying every now and then and I'll update this for everyone if I get anywhere.
    Looks like as of now though I'll just have to save up for a better capture card.

Thanks again for all the support!