Thread: On a Roll (next-gen rollerblading game) Kickstarter is up!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Default On a Roll (next-gen rollerblading game) Kickstarter is up!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/onaroll/on-a-roll

I know not everyone here is gonna care about (or even really respect) rollerblading, but for the cool guys who do, this shit is looking good.
    The artist formerly known as Luft

Yea RB is alright..

Wonder if it has a 70s DLC?
    Ask me Anything, I live in the Future. Just don't ask me about the Rhinoceros!!!

"The most dangerous creature on the face of the Earth, is an educated idiot."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaaG00n

Chief Alcohol Strategist momadaddy's Avatar
    PSN
    momadaddy
    XBL
    momadaddy

i was about to make this thread. im actually hyped about this.

"Your friendship with xi SATORI ix has been broken"

XBL
    emericaridr11

Stoked.....

half my friends are actually rollerbladers (some Am some Pro, "whatever"... but they do fruit boot and so did I for a quick minute
    some of the physics and animations still look mad goofy to me, but I'm gonna jam this for sure

might actually be the reason I buy a Xbox One or Ps4.... or the new Fallout will be my reason

this makes me sad that there's not gonna be a next gen skateboarding game
    but I'm stoked for you rollerbladers out there, must be exciting, like og skate was when it came out

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by emericaridr11 View Post
    Stoked.....

half my friends are actually rollerbladers (some Am some Pro, "whatever"... but they do fruit boot and so did I for a quick minute
    some of the physics and animations still look mad goofy to me, but I'm gonna jam this for sure

might actually be the reason I buy a Xbox One or Ps4.... or the new Fallout will be my reason
    yea the animations are still super early, but they're definitely on their way. I'm so hyped for this anyway. (Also, this will be on PC in case you have a decent one of those and still wanna hold out on the next gen)

Not typically a fan of rollerblading, but definitely not against the idea of another open world sports game. I'm sure it makes moma happy, haha, glad to see that it's nearly a third of the way to it's goal only four days in. I'm curious why I never see the kickstarter as a thread in the gaming subreddit. You typically see a few posts about wanting Skate 4 or something THPS related, why is this not getting any daylight?

Edit: I've just made a reddit account for the first time to post about this, hoping it gets some attention, join me in bringing this to people's attention folks!

http://www.reddit.com/user/BigBeefDerky/
    Last edited by NotedDerk; 05-31-2015 at 09:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

The last "real/really good" blading game I can think of is Aggressive Inline (2002).
    So if that's really the case then they're WAY overdue.
    It looks good & I welcome it!
    ...Just hope it doesn't take thirteen years for someone to cook up another decent skateboarding game.

Also: Couldn't they have just called it Roll?
    Last edited by Legba; 06-01-2015 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Forgot to include a sensless detail
    I got that Fluckin' Love

XBL
    TheDietTea

I'm honestly a bit upset that these kick starters seem more appealing and legit whenever a new sporty sim idea pops up.
    I still want BMX The Game on my 360. I was kinda into that project. I told my friends and they actually got me stoked on it.
    So I don't know, I want to believe the Internet is shady.
    Also want new simulation ideas to toy with. No share from me. Glad to see effort in the area though.

XBL
    TheDietTea

So Im going to double post, I want to shed light on some of the facts here.
    I have my reasons for thinking away from kickstarter.
    How many games have had successful kickstarter projects?
    Ok, well how many of those were successful after the failed kickstarter project and,
    then going out of their way with a website?
    The only project I've seen so far is BMX The Game, personally.
    If it is this easy for a small team to have the technology out of the gate to have what looks Very legitimate why aren't renown companies just dominating the market?
    Opinions welcomed but getting a bit side tracked.
    BMXthegame.com is still a running website that is taking on live donations.
    The thing that's off about this in my head is that they have fine print under "terms of service" that says something along the lines of they can give up at a moments notice if they see fit.
    Take your money run, never look back.
    I know thats a pretty crazy scheme for some dough but that's the facts.
    I honestly Would love to hear something back proving me wrong.
    Not for my sake but just for the games.
    I would love to believe people aren't being exploited.

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Steam
    TheIronz
    XBL
    TheIronz

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/how.../1100-6425480/

"At time of writing, of the 186 of the successfully funded projects, 63 have made their way to market, while ten have been classified as failures."

Just a quick glance, because you got my curious too...

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    So Im going to double post, I want to shed light on some of the facts here.
    I have my reasons for thinking away from kickstarter.
    How many games have had successful kickstarter projects?
    Ok, well how many of those were successful after the failed kickstarter project and,
    then going out of their way with a website?
    The only project I've seen so far is BMX The Game, personally.
    If it is this easy for a small team to have the technology out of the gate to have what looks Very legitimate why aren't renown companies just dominating the market?
    Opinions welcomed but getting a bit side tracked.
    BMXthegame.com is still a running website that is taking on live donations.
    The thing that's off about this in my head is that they have fine print under "terms of service" that says something along the lines of they can give up at a moments notice if they see fit.
    Take your money run, never look back.
    I know thats a pretty crazy scheme for some dough but that's the facts.
    I honestly Would love to hear something back proving me wrong.
    Not for my sake but just for the games.
    I would love to believe people aren't being exploited.
    This project is very unique from most that you would mention. These guys clearly had some heavy funding out of the gate, and are not using Kickstarter for their entire development process. 50k is EXTREMELY low for a game, because they don't need the full development funds, they already have a lot to work with. They just needed an extra boost to make this a reality in the immediate future, instead of being a pet project for a few years.

On the other hand, BMX The Game is being made by a few guys with computers and nothing else, and was planned to be funded entirely by Kickstarter (and is running on donation fumes as is), these guys didn't have the early funding for motion capture, they didn't have advertisement deals out the gate to buff up their funds, they're running from scratch which makes it a lot harder.

The big thing here is that, well, yea, nothing is stopping BMX from taking your money and running, but they already have a functional, working prototype for something that will make them far more money if they push on with it. That's motivation enough to trust them. If there is nothing to *show for your progress* and they are taking donations, that's when things get real sketchy.

also, renowned companies ARE dominating the market, just without Kickstarter because the development for big companies is in the millions, and asking that much on Kickstarter would be a PR nightmare when people know that they can afford it themselves.