Quote Originally Posted by Roccityroller View Post
The problem is you are console gaming. Early access like this is the norm on PC. SNOW is a good example. Skiiing game, ala skate, and i've had it on early access for over a year (I think Luft told me about it). There's a forum on steam for it, people give input and the game is updated and improved on a regular basis. "The Golf Club" was the same way, years before it ever released on console.

This is what's happening here. I'm backing it the same way i would buy and early access copy on Steam. I support it, give input, and receive (usually) a copy for free or a discounted rate at the end of early access.
Yep, this is pretty much it right on the head. PC gaming is a different beast from console, because PC allows the Early Access model to be used properly (and improperly in unfortunate circumstances). Many, many, many PC games nowadays use the early access model to allow people to buy their game early (at a lower price) and help them improve the game as it develops, so that they have more input and more feedback to make the game more satisfactory to the people playing it.