Thread: Can someone help me with motion tracking?

Default Can someone help me with motion tracking?

Hey guys, this might be an easy fix but i can't figure it out. What im doing is a gun shot effect, but the footage is a bit shaky so i want the smoke from the gun to move with the frame so it looks like its actually in place if that makes sense. I made the tracker but the smoke and muzzle flare disapear whenever i motion track. The top layer is the smoke, the middle layer is the muzzle flare and the bottom layer is the footage. But yeah, i used the edge of the curtains to track motion, but i want the smoke right infront of the gun before he acts out the gun shot kick back. I screenshotted it to give you gives a better idea since this may not be as clear.

XBL
    emericaridr11

would it be possible for you to send me the messed up Save (along with the footage and other Elements involved) so I could take a look at it

if not then try the Track Camera feature (not the motion track you got in the bottom right corner) - right click clip and select camera tracker
    let it do its thing, pull down the advanced menu and if the track points that show up after "analyzing" don't look correct or not the way you want.... play with the options and see what you get

if that still doesn't work maybe try to use The Foundry's Camera Tracker AE Plugin (I've had real good success with that one as well)

you could also try to use Mocha and track it in AE (look a tut up), for a easy shot with walls, it could work nicely

maybe try to "motion track" (bottom right corner) the gun instead of the wall

but if you want and can send it to me (with all resources), maybe I'll send you back a project that has the null/null's all set up
    EH

Yeah for sure, ill inbox you when i move everything into a folder before i send it.