Thread: Backwards compatibility?

Stopped Pushing Mongo
    XBL
    Noah eh

Default Backwards compatibility?

Can somebody explain to me exactly what backwards compatibility is? Like, I know we'll be able to play some last gen games on new gen, but wouldn't they have to port the games over? So lets say with S3, would EA have to hire a company to port the game for them?

edit: And could this also potentially influence EA to open up the reel again?
    Last edited by Noah eh; 06-24-2015 at 06:27 PM.
    [1:16:07 AM] Coast: guys...
    [1:16:12 AM] Coast: im pansexual

They probably found a way to code the new xbox to read and verify the old xboxs disc somehow.. Maybe they are just going to store the game on servers and we download off them to finalize an installation/usage after inserting the disc. Just like downloading a game from the store. I dont think porting is gonna be happening unless I am mistaken. I read somewhere that DLC is going to be available. Skate Reel on the other hand would be obsolete because of the xbone's DVR capabilities.

Stopped Pushing Mongo
    XBL
    Noah eh

Oh ok I think I get it now, thanks man. And I only mentioned the reel cause fuck LS Show
    [1:16:07 AM] Coast: guys...
    [1:16:12 AM] Coast: im pansexual

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

It's an emulator. They figured out a way to emulate the 360 hardware and OS on Xbox One. So when you play an old game, the game thinks you're playing it on a 360 and there's actually a version of the 360 OS running in the background.
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

XBL
    SKATAN 81

this whole thing is a app for the x one you open a 360 app and there is a compled 360 software with your old party chat and all the old regular stuff . you put your old 360 disc in and the console starts to download a port version of the game
    2. download games from your old 360 will apere in the my games section and you can download the port version .
    3. microsoft is saying dlc and multiplayer ( online lobbys ) will work as like the regular 360 ...

BUT I DONT BET MONEY ON THIS BECAUSE THE SKATE 3 DOWNLOAD VERSION ON THE 360 FROM LAST YEAR IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH DLC OR ONLINE LOBBYS ; THEY PUT THAT SHIT STRAIT OUT OF THE GAME SO WE MIGHT JUST GET THIS DOWNGRADE VERSION .

ps : no hopes for grapics or anything from the regular skate web side because this whole backwards compatibility is only on the microsoft side and has nuthing to do with electronic arts or black box ....

to be honest this is only intresting for people with no PVR recorder at all because my old component haupaug pvr is way better than the build in pvr on the xone so i will stay playing skate on the 360 or i buy a next gen pvr some time in the future .

Quote Originally Posted by HCH Media View Post
    to be honest this is only intresting for people with no PVR recorder at all because my old component haupaug pvr is way better than the build in pvr on the xone so i will stay playing skate on the 360 or i buy a next gen pvr some time in the future.
    You are wrong on 3 levels

1) ease of use
    2) quality
    3) not having to hook up an extra console
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

XBL
    SKATAN 81

maybe better than your quality i think the build in recorder is only good to share on mobile because the quality on big screen sucks donky dick .

and if you have to hook up your 360 first be4 you play you made something wrong in the past because my box is hooked up since i have it and my tv has more than 1 input slot

its 720p/30fps @ 5mbps
    which is all skate plays at anyways.

my tv has more than 1 input slot too. but my 360 hasn't been hooked up in over a year. and i have no desire to have 2 xbox's hooked up.
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

XBL
    SKATAN 81

5mbps i cant even set it that low it starts at 7 and goes up to 15

i record lots of bf hardline and some other stuff and it looks sooo bad , so i decided to delete the all . shit even when i point my hd cam at the tv it locks better end less pixeld

XBL
    TheDietTea

There are programs and methods to bring up a videos quality Ya know.
    Obviously I wouldn't tell anyone to just buy an Xbox one to record, but if you're going that route and don't have a capture card it's definitely a plus. It will just require a bit more effort if you're interested in a higher quality. When I first got my standard def capture card I was just stoked to be recording, it wasn't unwatchable. The quality process I used was after I recorded the video so Xbox one guys should be able to do the same. I'm hyped that people may play it on Xbox one, this is something that's good for the skate series so just take that and roll with it.