Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi from crea-ture studios Montreal

Project: Session Team

Default Hi from crea-ture studios Montreal

Hi everyone,

dub, founder of crea-ture Studios,

First of all, Thanks to everyone at skate fluck it from the Project:Session team for the awesome words about our skateboarding game teaser and warm the invites to join the Fluck it Comunity! We are really stoked to discuss skateboard and project with you guys!

To quickly introduce ourselves, we are a small independent studio located in the Montreal area in Canada. Our focus is to first have fun! second, create innovative, fun and original games driven by passion for niche audiences. We know we cannot please anyone so at least lets try to please one group really well

crea-ture, standing for the act of creating something, means we want to treat games as a creation, form of art, something we dream about rather than a product.

Skater myself for about 25+ years, We decided to launch the studio with a skateboarding game. Something new, inspired by skate obviously, but most importantly, the 2000s, the legendary VX1, all the skate movies from this generation that forged what skateboard is today; the 411vm, the sorry movies, toy machine: the jump of building or welcome to hell, invisible vanishing points, the bakers or the early plan B movies just to name a few! One if not the best era of skate, an authentic underground culture was defined!
    So we want to bring a new way of playing skateboarding games, a concept I've been cherishing for about 10 years.

I promess you to give you more information about the game and the controls in the upcoming weeks but as the rumor goes, apparently we use two thumbsticks

let's start with this, and once again thanks for the invite, we feel very welcomed to join the Fluck it community!

enjoi
    -dub

Steam
    i_am_a_snail

welcome creature dudes, make yrselves at home here, beer's in the fridge etc. glad to have you here

We are all so stoked to have you join our little community and share with us, welcome guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

XBL
    TheDietTea

Intro of the year right here!
    We're all behind you on this project.
    Glad to see you know about skating, definitely a plus.
    There's alot here, help yourself to anything you like.
    Any questions just ask, any info just share.
    Last edited by Antwan; 06-26-2015 at 08:29 PM.

Welcome Creature!

OHMY, been grinding for minute like send us a new ramp!

...."apparently we use two thumbsticks"....

Don't tease us like that lol LORD ALMIGHTY. sounds mighty fresh./ for real though. You guys are making me so excited thinking of these possibilities and what might be in store. Cant wait for more info. Super hyped. Crazy, FLUCKIT UNITE!!

Chief Alcohol Strategist momadaddy's Avatar
    PSN
    momadaddy
    XBL
    momadaddy

Thanks for stopping by. You have our full support. Really excited to see what comes

"Your friendship with xi SATORI ix has been broken"

Welcome. The teaser was great and I like the premise. This entire cpmmunity appreciates and creates many different forms of art and yours is certainly getting a lot of interest. Glad to see you here.

Fluckit Master

Welcome indeed! Really awesome to see you joining this community and to share your updates, ideas and so on with us when you can. Good luck with the game and like everyone said, we're all behind you guys on this.
    Last edited by Seanne1986; 06-26-2015 at 10:17 PM.

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Steam
    TheIronz
    XBL
    TheIronz

Welcome to the community.

When I saw the trailer posted in the chat section here, I was skeptical, and even when I saw the trailer I was thinking, "This could be an FMV"...

...But you turning up here with the knowledge you expressed has given me hope! I can now go to work dreaming of what Project: Session could become. It goes without saying that if any of us can help in anyway, I am sure we will all give you our 100% attention.

PSN
    pifachu
    XBL
    crazy willy 94

welcome here, i am in quebec city, travel to mtl pretty often, enjoy your stay here

Hi there, and welcome to the Flucklands

Quote Originally Posted by crea-turestudios View Post
    We know we cannot please anyone so at least lets try to please one group really well
    This is exactly the mindset we need for a new skateboarding game and what BB failed at pretty bad...

XBL
    SKATAN 81

hello there and welcome to skatefluckit and thank you for making this amazing looking game . i know you have allready huge list of stuff that people want in the game and i totaly agree to almost all of this list . but i have 1 lil suggestion about the controls i skate ungrindables in the skate series this are ledges and curbs with no grind and slide animations i do everything with frontside and backside powerslides and it works really good after you know how ( a lean back motion with your left stick ) so my thing here is the question is it possible to have different difficulties like 1.easy 2.normal 3.hard and 4. ultra hard

1. easy= no flip trick bails , high pop , a strong magnet force to curbs
    2. normal = bail flips some times and a lil bit of curb magnet force
    3. hard= bail tricks with no curb magnet force at all
    4. ultra hard = bail tricks , no curb magnet force . AND NO GRIND ANIMATION ( as an example a backside tailslide = have to aim the tail with the right stick Back and a lil bit to the left or right in a ballanced posision.. and the left stick in a balanced position back but when you pull back too far you slip out and when you not lean back enough you stuck ...

i hope this is halfway understandable greets from germany

here a quick video that you can see what im talking about :
    Last edited by HCH Media; 06-27-2015 at 03:01 AM.

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

Welcome Aboard!
    Pull up a recliner and enjoy your stay.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

welcome guys! I'm as excited about project session as I was for the first skate. You'll learn that many of us here will have quite a few suggestions about the game, but that's a good thing I think, you've come to the best place for that!

Amateur Flucker
    PSN
    Valleyboy420

A very warm welcome Dub, everyone is buzzing about what you guys are creating. Would you prefer it if we post out ideas on here or should we email you or send them as messages via Facebook or Twitter ?

Welcome welcome dub and crew...

Very excited about the project...
    Only suggestion today is keep twitter Facebook and the site updated as often as you can.
    Every little picture gives us something to drool over while you guys can stay undistracted and worry about the task at hand...
    Its the little thing that keep us going...like slappys on curbs haha..

Also...
    Everyone here is at your service.

Seriously.
    You'd be amazed at what this little community is capable of.
    Coughskate3cough

Speaking Of....

Hey everyone.
    When we get enough info to really sink our teeth into, I say we slowly merge our skate sections with project session discussions. until then Lets give these guys some breathing room and keep our hope contained In our current project session thread.

Long way to go before we get to the kick starter...

FUCKING JUICED!!!!
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

PSN
    bengrover
    XBL
    bengrove

Welcome! If you can't tell, everyones stoked on this.

Excited to watch this develop. Pretty sure you'll have your Kickstarter backed from the dudes here alone. Pumped.

Blazing a Trail
    Steam
    Eastcoastskateboard1
    PSN
    anderson347
    XBL
    CoastSkates

do you all have a website and where did the fluckers find you all?
    L8 Media

Team Avid

Glad you stopped by! So stoked to see more info in the future. We'll be supporting you the entire way. Also, thanks for the T-Shirt (i won it on Twitter haha)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuztard View Post
    Keep Rolling...I am.

Stopped Pushing Mongo
    XBL
    Noah eh

Welcome to fluckit! Glad to have you on here. Can't wait to see the progress of this game, should be really sick by the end!
    [1:16:07 AM] Coast: guys...
    [1:16:12 AM] Coast: im pansexual

Blazing a Trail
    Steam
    Eastcoastskateboard1
    PSN
    anderson347
    XBL
    CoastSkates

Thanks emmit. I saw a few parts of the trailer I love the early 2000 feel to it especially with that ps2! The gameplay that comes up looks so much like a lot of the video footage from back in the day I really dig this game I am hella excited for it.
    L8 Media

Team Avid

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Love seeing you here, made my morning. I'm beyond excited for 2016, extreme sports indie games are coming around for something killer.
    The artist formerly known as Luft

Project: Session Team

Hi all!
    Wow thanks for the welcome! Everybody here is super excited but almost anxious at the same time! We wish we could do all requests!
    Honestly, this place is a gold mine for us! It really looks like you guys will definitely get exclusive info: P and this Idea box is really great! I will jump in right after this post is submitted!
    To give you bit more information about Project: Session, I wanted to start with the overall vision of what we have in mind as a game. P: S is going to be an iterative process, a game in constant evolution in which you will definitely have a chance to be part of.
    Many good things can come with it but patience must be part of the journey
    We are making games differently. First, we are not aiming at making a Project: Session sequels in the future, simply cause as long as the game will create traction, we will develop and expend on it.
    This means adding more spots, cities, tricks, gear, features etc. we won't make you wait 2 years to sell you pretty much the same game another time with a different texture set.
    By doing so, another good side is; you will probably have earlier access to it!
    But! (There is always a ‘’but’’…) we are sadly not aiming at making an open world, at least not at the beginning. We like to think quality over quantity. If I could make analogy of project session, it would be; we are a hand full of fine grain rather than a rock quarry
    Our energy is on doing smooth tricks on sick unique spots with as high animation quality as we can to make sure your real reward is the closest to the satisfaction you would get when landing your trick in real-life. The concept of P:S is to bring forward the feeling of skateboarding videos and the whole spirit that comes with it. To us, skateboarding is also camping specific spots working hard to get that single trick or rip sick parts even if it takes 6 hours in the simple goal of having a great shot on tape and not particularly pushing around endlessly until you find a crispy spot. :wink:
    Reality is, we are not an army like EA and it’s actually something we are quite proud of. We are still totally free to make our own decisions without being crushed by soulless business men putting profit first.
    Thanks a lot for your support and be patient, you should get lot more inside the next month about Project: Session and we really hope you will like the concept!

oh and by the way, we do plan on shipping on ps4 right after or at the same time than PC :P

Thanks!

-dub

This means adding more spots, cities, tricks, gear, features etc. we won't make you wait 2 years to sell you pretty much the same game another time with a different texture set.

to make sure your real reward is the closest to the satisfaction you would get when landing your trick in real-life. The concept of P:S is to bring forward the feeling of skateboarding videos and the whole spirit that comes with it.

We are still totally free to make our own decisions without being crushed by soulless business men putting profit first.

oh and by the way, we do plan on shipping on ps4 right after or at the same time than PC :P
    WIN WIN WIN

Even though i'd wish for an Open World, the Gameplay and Physics is what matters the most.
    If you give us plenty of spots to hit or the ability to create them ourselfes i don't see this being a problem at all.

Fluckin Righteous.

Amateur Flucker
    PSN
    Valleyboy420

Our energy is on doing smooth tricks on sick unique spots with as high animation quality as we can to make sure your real reward is the closest to the satisfaction you would get when landing your trick in real-life. The concept of P:S is to bring forward the feeling of skateboarding videos and the whole spirit that comes with it. To us, skateboarding is also camping specific spots working hard to get that single trick or rip sick parts even if it takes 6 hours in the simple goal of having a great shot on tape and not particularly pushing around endlessly until you find a crispy spot. :wink:
    Feels like you guys know exactly what we all want from a skateboarding game, as long as there is a nice variety of unique spots to rip apart I'm gonna be playing P:S ( and filming / taking photos with it ) for a very long time to come. Thank you so much for sharing your vision with us.

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by Jebotek View Post
    WIN WIN WIN

Even though i'd wish for an Open World, the Gameplay and Physics is what matters the most.
    If you give us plenty of spots to hit or the ability to create them ourselfes i don't see this being a problem at all.
    Yea, as fun as it was just going between CAPs in Skate 3, I'm convinced open worlds are nice, but not exactly necessary.
    The artist formerly known as Luft

everytime I read what you guys are about it gives me more and more confidence this is going to be exactly the game we want here in this community!

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Steam
    TheIronz
    XBL
    TheIronz

Is he Jesus?

Quote Originally Posted by TheIronz View Post
    Is he Jesus?
    nah, that guy lives in my toast

PSN
    RadishRanger

Our salvation has arrived... A group of men have come forth bringing great joy to the people of Flucklandia. May we glorify them with praise until death meets our days.
    "A bitch is a bitch is a bitch" - Ernest Hemingway, the OG 1940's gangsta

Super super stoked! Only thing that sucks for me is that I don't have a PS4 or PC haha. Will it eventually come to Xbox One? If not, I'll have to invest in a PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuztard View Post
    Keep Rolling...I am.

Chief Alcohol Strategist momadaddy's Avatar
    PSN
    momadaddy
    XBL
    momadaddy

ps4 is what's up on the console front. microsoft charges way too much to publish and patch shit. just look at what they put skullgirls through.

"Your friendship with xi SATORI ix has been broken"

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

PC

I'm sold

welcome to fluckit let us know what you need.
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

XBL
    TheDietTea

Hmm..
    I might be buying a PS4 then haha.

Adding things on the fly sounds interesting.
    Definitely what those major companies lack in terms of truely finalizing a product.
    This sounds great.

XBL
    emericaridr11

Insanely righteous..... cheers "Dub" for stopping by
    this place is indeed a Gold Mine
    love the Extreme Quality idea, nothing better than amazing looking animation's

no Open World sounds wild, does this mean there is just little "Sections" of the world that you have to load into? (if so then no biggie)
    guess Ill have to wait for more info before we hear about that, wink

another question I have is..... this is a playable game right? meaning that it's not just a Simulation where you tell the skater to do this Trick over this Gap (of course I would assume it is indeed playable, like Skate)

everything is so exciting, WELCOME and definitely don't be a "Stranger"
    SLICK!!

also where did I miss the info on what consoles this game would be released on? fucking hell I wouldn't mind buying a ps4 over a xbox one

E they plan on releasing a ps4 version along the PC/Steam release and xboxone later I assume. maybe since xbox is such a hefty fee Iunno.

XBL
    emericaridr11

Quote Originally Posted by saunders420 View Post
    E they plan on releasing a ps4 version along the PC/Steam release and xboxone later I assume. maybe since xbox is such a hefty fee Iunno.
    love that news cause I don't have $1200 for a PC Gaming Comp.... but eventually I can come up with 500-600 for a Ps4 and TV

Cheers Saunders, I know your as Stoked as I am!
    and I'm sure having Console is huge for a lot of us, so Thanks "crea-ture Studios"

XBL
    ILL NODERUS

Welcome with the warmest regards. So much to discuss, this is extremely exciting for so many people.