Thread: My Own 'Let's Play' Channel

Default My Own 'Let's Play' Channel

Just as the title says, I've decided to create a channel for them specifically because I don't want to clutter my normal channel with anything outside of skateboarding. Been wanting to do this for a while and never got the guts to even bother because I thought, who the fuck gives a crap about me playing a game? There are hundreds of thousands of people doing this and coming up with new, interesting ways, to play through games that I can't compete with. As much as I'd like for this to just take off with popularity, I don't expect anything even close to that. Here is my first Let's Play of Fallout: New Vegas, in preparation for Fallout 4, hope one, or two, of you guys enjoy it.

youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G17vdTfXGgo
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

XBL
    TheDietTea

Hey Derk, I'll check this out soon.
    Have you seen the guys who are popular doing it though?
    Some of them are really basic about it, even boring.
    If you gave it time and found some way to get the channel out there I'm sure you could be up there.
    It's something I've noticed when I was thinking about doing that.
    Man, my stuff ain't bad. Constant content is a big one too. Fast, quality stuff. Will come in time.
    Keep doing your thing if you enjoy it.

Edit: 11 mins in, pretty entertaining.
    I'm not huge on watching lets plays personally but I could see people enjoying your commentary. Laid back and fun. Not bad for a first at all.
    Last edited by Antwan; 07-03-2015 at 09:29 AM.

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

I definitely wouldn't expect this to lead anywhere given how insanely over-saturated Youtube is (Nowadays an LP is only even mildly successful if you're already a popular name/channel for other videos), but at least I found it mildly entertaining and if you're having fun with it that's the important part :P

But yea, you seem to have a decent voice for it and all that, personally not my style (not a fan of Solo LP stuff) but for what it is it's not that bad. If only it were a few years back, I think your easygoing nature would've suited it well to casual streaming, rather than LPs, but nowadays that's even harder to get a crowd for.
    The artist formerly known as Luft

Thanks for the feedback guys, I was also fairly nervous on how to keep the commentary going, if you didn't notice the several pauses throughout. Doing more of these should loosen me up and make it more entertaining and I don't watch solo LPs either, basically just Achievement Hunter. It's just more fun to have multiple people going and bouncing jokes off each other and just having a good time. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone who wants to do this kind of stuff with me. I have plenty of friends, just don't think they're up to being recorded. I hate the sound of my own voice, as I assume 99% of people do. It's all a great learning experience for me though, so even if I get no following, I can just evolve it myself and get some self gratification out of it and have memories to look back upon in the years to come.

What did you guys think on the 30 minute length? Should it stay the same or be longer/shorter?
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    Thanks for the feedback guys, I was also fairly nervous on how to keep the commentary going, if you didn't notice the several pauses throughout. Doing more of these should loosen me up and make it more entertaining and I don't watch solo LPs either, basically just Achievement Hunter. It's just more fun to have multiple people going and bouncing jokes off each other and just having a good time. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone who wants to do this kind of stuff with me. I have plenty of friends, just don't think they're up to being recorded. I hate the sound of my own voice, as I assume 99% of people do. It's all a great learning experience for me though, so even if I get no following, I can just evolve it myself and get some self gratification out of it and have memories to look back upon in the years to come.
    Yea man, that's what it's all about. If you can ever gather up a few folks to watch ya, the reason I brought up streams are that they tend to work better solo IMO, because you can play off of the chat to keep the conversation going, instead of fumbling around trying to find things to talk about. But yea, even if you get zero views forever, that kinda stuff can be fun.
    The artist formerly known as Luft

I won't continually bump this thread with every video I come out with, just wanted to show that I'll be playing multiple games at once. So if I start another game, I'll post that first part here as well, but that'll be it. In case some of you did enjoy the video, but didn't subscribe or anything.