Thread: Producing Tips/Tricks?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Stopped Pushing Mongo
    XBL
    Noah eh

Default Producing Tips/Tricks?

I've been messing around in FL11 lately, (I know, not too professional), and I've been trying to make some hiphop beats. I know a few of you guys make beats. Can anybody give me some basic pointers to help me out a little bit? I mean, not about the program itself, but just producing in general. Thanks in advance.
    [1:16:07 AM] Coast: guys...
    [1:16:12 AM] Coast: im pansexual

im butt-ass at giving tips on creating art but regarding the "not too professional"...don't underestimate fruity loops. a track on jay-zs black album was made on fruity loops. shit has pro features. I used to use a seperate prog for chopping samples. i used adobe audition and i used it when it was called cool edit pro. as soon as fl started including edison it became my go to chopper.

check oit warbeats.com

hes on youtube as well but the community yhere has all types and levels of help/motivation/tutorials etc etc.
    Last edited by EmmitBrown; 07-06-2015 at 06:12 PM.

damn, no other comments?
    Here's a track that was made fully on FL...

FL does man work

XBL
    TheDietTea

Tracks are usually split up like this:

Drum pattern

Baseline

Melody

Ambience or "fillers"

I have not made any myself, but this is what I've learned about making beats so far.
    So may be in the same place as you, maybe not.
    I'm learning a bit more about vocal digital translation and finalizing projects lately.
    It's hard not to say what you should do in programs, because they are big factors for producers. Method/technique, etc.

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Steam
    TheIronz
    XBL
    TheIronz

Some people write beats to melodies better, others write melodies to beats better... Try to figure out which way works best for you.

It wont work out every time but it will save you alot of time in the long wrong.

Steam
    jesselack

when i have time tomorrow i'll write up a nice little article with some starter tips and tricks for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by TheIronz View Post
    Some people write beats to melodies better, others write melodies to beats better... Try to figure out which way works best for you.

It wont work out every time but it will save you alot of time in the long wrong.

yeah definitely. and for some it's whichever half pops in their head first...you might think up a nice drum break and want to build from there or you might start humming something and want to throw it down and add some beat. you'll get a feel for what your ideal workflow feels like after you get used to the whole process and go through it for a bit.