Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: I bring a gift!

wow, that looks hella fun already

Yes You Can!

Wow man, looks like adding flips in, and out, of grinds went smoothly. I'm only saying that because you didn't say you ran into any issues with that. It looks great though, and you got some sweet clips in that video. What's the next step?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

Yes You Can!

There are some minor hitches I'm ironing out. Apparently it didn't work so well riding goofy foot so I'm about to fix that.
    I'll probably spend the next week just optimizing and making things smoother, making flip outs completely bug free.

After that, I'll probably add powerslides and I've been thinking about adding a wind up for faster spins. It'll be a button you hold and then hit the left trigger to open your shoulders front side (for regular foot) then when you do a backside spin it'll be faster, same with the other trigger then turning front side. It's like you load up the opposite way, it holds for like a second. After that is grabs and no complies. And off board controls, and I'm sure I'm forgetting something. But then the demos done other than making better animations. I haven't actually started with animations. It's all been placeholder

Steam
    The_Astonist
    XBL
    Cothes

I'm Goofy, how dare you.
    I've had nothing to say about this project but DAT LOOK GOOD

Yes You Can!

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    I'm Goofy, how dare you.
    I've had nothing to say about this project but DAT LOOK GOOD
    Apparently, drunk me last night forgot one line of code...

if(_setup == Setup.Regular){
    ____if(grounded || grinding){
    ________ListenForFlips();
    ____}
    } else { // If Goofy Footed
    ____if(grounded){
    _______ ListenForFlips();
    ____}
    }

Under regs, you can do flips if you are grounded or grinding... but goofy left out the or grinding part. haha.

Needless to say, it's fixed now. haha.

hahaah

Dude you seriously killing this shit right now. major props for the continued progress!!

Yes You Can!

droools.//// just imagining all the possibilities. more FOV pulling the cam back a bit more, and getting under or leveled out more with the obstacle and/or skater.

Looking minto. dat motionblur always clean. you write that or unity based?

Yes You Can!

Yeah definitely gonna work on the camera system. Right now you can press down on the dpad to lower the camera like this and up on the dpad to bring it back up. I'm probably going to rewrite the entire camera system before release, as gameplay is what I'm focused on right now and the camera was just a quick fix for the moment.

Yeah and the motion blur is standard unity.

XBL
    emericaridr11

holy fucking shit that looks so good, I have TONS and TONS more to say about it: but will wait
    want to jam this shit right now!

oh the adjustments sound key. good idea.

Ive always had in the back of my head why don't skateboarding games in general have a normal camera system with rotation like open world games.

I assumed it wasnt need really. but it would also be hard to control the camera and skate at the same time. Making it obsolete also if you have a replay function.

Anyways my point is having a focus system for camera control. like GTA has on mission objectives (when you press B[xbox]/O[ps]) but slightly less concentrated.

technically a secondary function, allowing you to either slow down time to setup and get your camera angle right for the obstacle before execution. Freely rotating around with the camera solely focused on what your skating with your player in center position 3rd person still. Possibly done by clicking a trigger initiating the ability to move the camera, give option on a timed focus or give infinite control, slow down, pause, rewind, session marker. Other than that it would be a normal follow cam attached to player accommodating to the obstacle and players position. Geez I need billions dollars(dont we all lmfao) and a dev team. All of that in first person, looking down watching your feet setup for a trick in VR. not in my lifetime haha fack.

excuse my imagination. went a little overboard xD

could just add sliders for camera options in the end, usually does the trick haha xD
    Last edited by saunders420; 07-09-2017 at 08:50 PM.

Yes You Can!

Yeah, for launch though, I'm probably just gonna have a high and low cam, that you can toggle between with a button and left or right which also toggles with a button. I'll look into crazier stuff later, I just need to make what I have solid for launch that's all.

Steam
    The_Astonist
    XBL
    Cothes

Yoo this is getting real.
    You might make a game or something if you don't slow up.

Fluckin' Hatchling

I've been following this for a long time, but never really said anything. That is looking real good. Holy crap. You seemed to have worked out a lot of the kinks in the physics. At this point it kind of just looks like the animation needs refined (I'm saying it looks like it, because I don't have any idea what kind of issues there may be that aren't shown in the videos)

I've been on and off experimenting with skateboard physics in Unity for years at this point and wish any of my attempts were anywhere close to that. Granted you seem to have put a way more time into it than I have but still. I kind of drive myself mad every time I work on it, probably because I'm not quite as knowledgable with the math and the physics of what I try to do. I might be overcomplicating it and/or striving for too much of an advanced physics system, but whatever. Shits hard. So props to you, you are doing amazing work.

Yes You Can!

Thanks dude, actually the animations haven't really been focused on yet. What you see is 4 static poses and inverse kinematics procedurally moving the feet, hips and head through code. Once the base gameplay is done though, animations are the first thing I'm going to focus on. I'm trying to secure a session in a motion capture studio, and if not I'll look into getting a perception neuron mocap suit and see if I can go from there. It'll look much much better with proper animations.

gnarlygnarlygnarly

Yes You Can!

And just when things were going so smoothly, I found out 144hz monitors don't play too nicely when doing grinds. It stutters when grinding, but only when running at 144hz. I really want to support higher refresh rates so I'm gonna do my best to fix that but if it's something I can't fix, I may only be able to support 60hz, which was my target anyways because of an eventual console release. If I can fix this soon enough, I'll be adding many more features of the core gameplay and getting much closer to a demo. If I can't fix it, well I may have to cap the frame rate at 60, cause it's relatively smooth sailing at 60 fps.

Yes You Can!

Trying to push a hot fix through, but my only tester with a 144hz monitor is sleeping D: I suppose it's necessary to sleep sometimes.... haha

oooh Im on 120hz. If I can be of any assistance lol jokes.

hope its get sorted. if not eh at least its not 30 lmfao.

Yes You Can!

Quote Originally Posted by saunders420 View Post
    oooh Im on 120hz. If I can be of any assistance lol jokes.
    Possibly sooner than you think.

Yes You Can!

Stutter is gone on 144hz!!! Wooooo!

XBL
    emericaridr11

PIMP!!!!!

YEE.

Yes You Can!

Mellow Park got an upgrade.. Check out Mellow Plaza.

XBL
    DrMinagon

OMG!!!! This is insane. Spots looks already better than the whole Skate 3 city.
    XL: DrMinagon
    Team Name: Minagon

Yes You Can!

Quote Originally Posted by Minagon View Post
    OMG!!!! This is insane. Spots looks already better than the whole Skate 3 city.
    Haha thanks, wish it were true.

I think I'm gonna scrap the basketball court for a more plaza like setup. Maybe throw in a rock you can skate XD

Imagine what it could be like with mocap animations and a talented artist or two. It could be so much better.
    Last edited by WestEnd; 07-18-2017 at 02:39 PM.

XBL
    emericaridr11

so fucking goofy I love every second, the tres look like nollie tres and the nollie heelflips are TOO TIGHT!! (meaning sick)

Yes You Can!

Quote Originally Posted by emericaridr11 View Post
    the tres look like nollie tres
    Lol that doesn't sound like a good thing. The first trick was a nollie tre up the curb btw. You guys have no clue how difficult that back 5050 was down that kink rail. It took me hours. The other tricks other than the boardslide were accidents when trying the 5050 haha. Zero magnetism and nothings keeping you on the rail but how you lock in and your momentum going into it.

Chief Alcohol Strategist momadaddy's Avatar
    PSN
    momadaddy
    XBL
    momadaddy

It's coming along super good. Been watching all updates on YouTube I just don't comment much. Looks cool. You may have covered it already but how does it control? Anyway I'm enjoying watching your progress. This thread should be in a different topic. It is the longest intro thread ever

"Your friendship with xi SATORI ix has been broken"

Yes You Can!

I don't want to make a new thread or subforum until the actual name gets announced. Which is technically still up for debate. I've pretty much decided, but I also want to finish the demo first before announcing it. Also, might be booking flights out to Philadelphia for motion capture sessions so if that falls through, I may replace the animations entirely before the actual trailer/announcement. Because, I still have put next to no effort into animations yet, that'll come after gameplay is done.

About controls, they are listed on the first few pages. But it's a dual stick control scheme. Back in 2014, I mapped out the controls, but there are still some things I never told anyone, on this forum or otherwise (well, except the bug testers) about control wise that I will wait until the project gets more momentum. Basically though, you pop or scoop with one stick, flick with the other, turn with the triggers kind of thing. Yes, other teams have come to a similar conclusion, ours will be slightly different, but I came to this conclusion 3, almost 4 years ago. I firmly believe that a dual stick control scheme is the future of skateboarding games.

This project has single handedly brought me back to check fluck it on the regular. The kink rail stuff is some of the greatest game footage I've seen in years. I do have a question, though and I'm not sure if it's been answered so forgive me, but, in watching you do each trick, I notice that your legs usually move in somewhat the same way. I was wondering because of the physics based nature of this game if those animations are only based on how you comfortably do certain tricks? Like, if I were to do the tricks would they look different because of how I do them?

Sorry if I worded that weird, I was just curious as to if the tricks look different depending on the player, like in real life with how different people have different styles.
    Last edited by Clayfighter; 07-19-2017 at 08:03 AM.
    HEY OM YEAH HOODLUM[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yes You Can!

Quote Originally Posted by Clayfighter View Post
    Like, if I were to do the tricks would they look different because of how I do them?

Sorry if I worded that weird, I was just curious as to if the tricks look different depending on the player, like in real life with how different people have different styles.
    So the first thing I want to say is that I'm working on a motion capture deal, a studio in Philadelphia has agreed to rates we like and we just need to get the money for the flights together and work out getting a box or rail there. So the current animations will hopefully go away sooner rather than later.

That being said, the way the feet move now is based on how you move the sticks. Once you pop and flick your trick, if you move both sticks forward both feet will go forward, if you move your sticks backwards both will go backwards. So if you do tre flips where your back foot hangs back you can do that, if you like tre flips that have both feet tucked forward you can do that too. Hope that answers the question.

Chief Alcohol Strategist momadaddy's Avatar
    PSN
    momadaddy
    XBL
    momadaddy

Dude all your work is really something special

"Your friendship with xi SATORI ix has been broken"

XBL
    DrMinagon

Show us somethin new pls! I am feelin nervous, if theres not something new for week. :-D
    XL: DrMinagon
    Team Name: Minagon

Yes You Can!

I'm currently in the middle of a large number of updates, so it'll be a little before some footage. Sorryyyyy

Don't Worry, Be Happy

Game looks amazing so far

anytime I come back to look at the vids, I always imagine the possibilities if there was a full team behind you to work on this 9-5/5 days a week.

Holy tits.

You should be EXTREMELY PROUD of yourself for this dude.

Stay Blessed!

Yes You Can!

Thanks for the support guys. It's starting to really come together, something I feel I can be proud of. Like I said before, I'm making a pretty big overhaul right now, even the testers haven't gotten a new version in a month, probably wont get another for a few weeks. BUT, that version, I might can let some of you play as well. The download just can't get out there yet, that's why I'm being very selective and withdrawn at the moment. It's the only thing I'll be able to use (the demo that is) as incentive for bigger youtubers and media peoples to encourage some coverage, they want to have exclusive demos etc. It wont be perfect, it wont look as good as it could, but it'll be damn fun. And with the changes I'm making it already feels like a different game from the last video. It's much much smoother now, and much more consistent. I can't tell you have fun it is to do things like switch fs flip 5-0s. Just doing tre flips feel so good. But hang in there guys.

Yes You Can!