Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: I bring a gift!

Amateur Flucker

I still need an official name. I really want to call it Thrashed but idk if thrasher will like that lol
    Last edited by WestEnd; 01-31-2017 at 12:13 PM.

Don't Worry, Be Happy

I would use a real controller on my phone to play.. BMX Streets made a mobile version just to fund the the real game

Amateur Flucker

Yeah it's not an app for mobile.

Steam
    jesselack

Quote Originally Posted by WestEnd View Post
    gtx 1070
    i7 6700
    16gb ddr4 ram
    Pci-e NVMe 950 ssd
    only difference in our system is the fact that you have a 1070 and I have a 980 haha (and a different ssd). how do you like the 1070? still dreaming of a 1080, i'll get there one day.

that reminds me, i have parts for sale if anyone wants to help me reach that dream
    RISE Sorable: why do something in a game you can do in real life

Amateur Flucker

The 1070 is nice, I'll probably upgrade to a 1080 in the near future though. You know, with taxes around the corner and all.

Amateur Flucker

O.o I just found out I can do one foot ollies by doing a popshuv and quickly catching it as soon as I scoop it. If I catch with my back foot it looks like I meant to do a one foot and can tweak it forward lol. I will implement actual one foot ollies later, it'll be way more simple, natural and intuitive than that haha.

Steam
    jesselack

ollie norths are always good

Amateur Flucker

You probably won't hear from me for a little while. Working on grinding. If all that goes well, I might make a private alpha physics test for some of you. I'll probably make separate level than you've seen for testing purposes.

Steam
    jesselack

You probably won't hear from me for a little while. Working on grinding. If all that goes well, I might make a private alpha physics test for some of you. I'll probably make separate level than you've seen for testing purposes.
    that's all I needed to hear. so hyped

Steam
    jesselack

didn't post it here but I found he test map video

Amateur Flucker

Yup yup. So there may be some really exciting things going down. We'll see. Stay tuned some crazy shit's happening behind the scenes that I can't talk about just yet.

Steam
    jesselack

amazing news. can't wait to hear more

XBL
    emericaridr11

looks Goofy-ly fun as fuck

Amateur Flucker

Back to the grind... quite literally. If you don't hear from me in a while, I'm still alive and working on the game. It's another one of those big walls where it'll take massive hours and many nights chugging through this to get it working right. Anytime I implement huge features, like I am with grinding now, it takes a lot of time. As for the future, I have some info I cannot disclose, from someone you wouldn't believe. But it's turned out to be very different than I had hoped. So well see.

sounds awesome! last batch of footy looks sweet

Steam
    The_Astonist
    XBL
    Cothes

Daeemnn them splits though.
    So life like it hurt.
    Good stuff!

If all that goes well, I might make a private alpha physics test for some of you. I'll probably make separate level than you've seen for testing purposes.
    Not going to try and make this out to sound like you're in it for the money, but would you possibly accept donations for the private alpha test? The effort you keep putting into this should be compensated, if not an actual income, at least tips, haha. I would gladly give you a donation to be a part of the private test.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

Don't Worry, Be Happy

Dude you've come so far.. this is shaping up nicely!! Love those mannys

Steam
    jesselack

Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    Not going to try and make this out to sound like you're in it for the money, but would you possibly accept donations for the private alpha test? The effort you keep putting into this should be compensated, if not an actual income, at least tips, haha. I would gladly give you a donation to be a part of the private test.
    I've been saying the same. Would gladly throw $20 for the alpha. I'm sure lots of others would too. If you ever needed cash a patreon might not be a bad idea.

Amateur Flucker

I really appreciate it guys. But I just can't take money for something like that. Alpha testing and bug hunting is serious business. You shouldn't have to pay me for what will essentially be a job in and of itself that you would be doing. I know it's fun to play but those I invite to an early testing would need to take it seriously and report what they find from systematic testing. Of course you can have fun with it when the time comes, but someones gotta find ways to break the game and find out how to replicate it if possible. Right now, I'm working on the grinds, which are going to take a while. When that gets done, I need to either put in the off board controls (right now he just stands there, you can't walk around just yet... wont be hard to implement) and getting back on the board, and some simple session markers, smash the few bugs I know of and then it'll be ready for testing.

Speaking of bugs, there are only 3 that I know of at the moment that only happen randomly.

One of them is that if you pop and flick basically at the same time you'll bail. It was designed to be basically one after the other, you should pop and nearly at the same time or slightly after flick. Very rarely if you do both basically at the same time you'll bail because the board will start flipping before you actually pop off the ground. Once it hits the ground it triggers a bail.

The second is a strange bug that won't be easy to replicate. But occasionally when doing a bigspin out of a manual (any kind) you'll sometimes do a little more spinning than you intended. So a switch manny fs bigspin out might turn into a biggerspin. Or even a 540 bigspin. This only happens on occasion though.

The last one is very possibly tied to the second. When doing any kind of shuv, flip or not, you might spin with the board a little. So what was meant to be a pop shuv might become a bigspin. I think the velocity of the board is transferring to the player through the invisible joints that connect the player to the board, the ones responsible for keeping the player active while riding (which shouldn't be doing anything when flipping the board).

So let me add grinding in and smash those bugs, add a few other little convenience things like session markers and on off board functionality and I'll let you guys in on a private test.

I wish I could talk about the things going on behind the curtains, but I was hoping it was going to be something huge for my personal project. But in a strange turn of events it may have become an interesting opportunity to work with someone very high up, someone very popular that all of you know of, on a project they wanted to do. I would ensure that there were no non compete clauses restricting me from working on this game though.

Additional info for those interested: If I just had a solid 3 to 5 days off where I could just chug away at grinding, I believe I could get the bulk of the functionality banged out. Then testing and optimizing over the next few weeks and it'd be ready for internal private alpha testing. But being so busy lately it's going to be hard to find enough time to work on it like I want to. Not to mention I have these new business meetings and potential ventures that will be consuming time. I'm going to restructure things and cut some things out of my life to make more time for this though. Serious progress demands serious sacrifice. I'll keep you guys up to date.
    Last edited by WestEnd; 02-18-2017 at 09:11 PM.

Serious progress demands serious sacrifice. I'll keep you guys up to date.

facts. Stay Golden homie!!! we will always be here ready for the goods.

Steam
    jesselack

the amount of heart and soul youre putting into this project is seriously inspiring. work hard and godspeed my friend.

XBL
    emericaridr11

PIMP

Amateur Flucker

As always, I want to be up front and honest about the progress of the game. Through out the development of the game I've taken up various paid gigs where I would help some small company impliment some algorithms or gameplay features in their mobile games in order to put food on the table and help me keep going with the development of this game.

Through the silliest of events I've landed myself on what is potentially a very very big opportunity that I just cannot pass up. This has the potential to change everything for me. I won't sign any non competes but I'll likely be spending a good portion of dev time on this new game. The difficulty and scope of this game aren't nearly as complex or large as the project I'm working on so if I work diligently it won't take long to get done with the project. And again I'll still be working on this game, but progress might slow down a little. I hope you guys understand, you wouldn't believe me if I told you who I'm working with but I'm sure I'll be at liberty to discuss those details later.

XBL
    emericaridr11

oh man bro..... don't feel like you "owe" us anything, I'm sure we all totally understand
    THAT'S FUCKING AWESOME! DO WORK SON!!

exciting times is fun, good luck

Don't Worry, Be Happy

How dare you work on another game!! /Cracks whip.. get back in the lab and make that game lol.. jk... Gald you got work bro.. we can wait

Steam
    jesselack

hope everything is going well homie. eagerly awaiting your next update.

also some name ideas

Grind

Bolts

WestEnd's Pro Skater

FreeSkate

Sesh (it)

XxKickflip M45T3RxX

Project Session

fakeSkate

Skater

Full Control Skateboarding

Honestly Thrashed is a really good name and if Thrasher hits you up about it you should definitely try to finagle some sort of deal with them. Skate and Destroy 2017

Quote Originally Posted by noobtard07 View Post
    hope everything is going well homie. eagerly awaiting your next update.

also some name ideas

Honestly Thrashed is a really good name and if Thrasher hits you up about it you should definitely try to finagle some sort of deal with them. Skate and Destroy 2017

this!

Amateur Flucker

Those names made me laugh hard haha. I'd love to use Thrashed, we'll see if it gets to that point. It's hard to find time to work on the game at the moment, but tonight and most of tomorrow I'm gonna throw towards it. It's gonna be random days going forward that I'll have to spend working on it.

Steam
    jesselack

Those names made me laugh hard haha. I'd love to use Thrashed, we'll see if it gets to that point. It's hard to find time to work on the game at the moment, but tonight and most of tomorrow I'm gonna throw towards it. It's gonna be random days going forward that I'll have to spend working on it.
    take your time man. work when you can. i wanna play it so bad but i'm not going to rush you lol. For now I have Skate It Wii running through Dolphin on my computer and it's decent enough to scratch my fake-skate itch.

Steam
    The_Astonist
    XBL
    Cothes

While I understand play testing, the truth is a team or single person in this case has their own vision.
    Without play testing every single step of the way, a game is never really designed for others.
    Sure, you can adjust and try to fit some needs of others, but in the end you're playing somebodies game and not your own.
    I get that it's a basic statement but one that's just hit me. Seeing the process is building insight, connecting the dots.
    It makes me think about the industry also, but I suppose I always sort of am.
    Way too much expectation is thrown at developers.
    Not trying to bring anything down here, just sharing thoughts, realizations.

Steam
    jesselack

once again checking in to send good vibes. hope all is going well homie