Thread: Can someone help me with DIY lighting?

Default Can someone help me with DIY lighting?

As of right now i got 3 light stands, about 5 clamp lights and a ton of different types of light bulbs for different looks. The only thing is when i got the clamp lights i went to a night shoot once and did not notice i forgot the little clamp for them. As of right now i just bought 3 150W CFL bulbs and 2 200W CFL bulbs that are set to 4100k. I wanted a cooler light for the green screen kit im getting. Only problem is they're a bit heavier than my other bulbs and i don't have all of the clamps so im only stuck with one and i notice once i tighten it the way i used them with other lights the end up hanging down instead of staying in the right position. I took a few pictures to show how i setup the clamp lights before.

If anyone knows anywhere i can get more of those clamps or a better way to put my lights onto the stands let me know! So far i tried home depot but they don't know what this clamp is called

Sorry for the huge photo's im not sure how to make the size smaller on tinypic.
    Last edited by Bonksz; 07-13-2015 at 02:01 PM.

How would I do it? The part I shown gets smaller as you tighten it which makes it easy for the bottom of it to clamp onto the tip of the light stand. I'm not sure if it'll work that way.

XBL
    SKATAN 81

straight mettal plate put 2 holes in it for the screws ( buy the screws in building supplies store ) use a screwdriver and a hammer to smack the 2 half holes in it , or use a bigger drill but not to big so the stand pivit is able to turn smoth . bend the plate around a bar with a hammer or a pipe wrench .. hope you get this .. its not so stressfull to do as it sounds .. and its just a plan b ...

wish i would know the english name of that thing , i bet you can find this on ebay . or a proper hardware store

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Steam
    TheIronz
    XBL
    TheIronz

jubilee clip is the round one with the screw to tighten.

Alright, thanks guys! This helped me a lot.