Thread: My First S3 Video (iPad Edit)

Fluckin' Hatchling
    PSN
    TYRON-D

Default My First S3 Video (iPad Edit)

The next one is going to be a lot better (hopefully) I've learnt from my mistakes. The next one will be out very soon
    Last edited by Ty Rice; 07-14-2015 at 11:59 PM.

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Steam
    TheIronz
    XBL
    TheIronz

(There is a little video reel button when you make a post to embed your video)

Overall nice video! Some nice speed and height matching on the stairs and gaps. Nice trick choice and very good filming. Also noticed some nicely timed landings to the beat.

Couple of CC's: Some tricks where a little over-used and also, for me, there was a little too many flip-in flip-out grinds, especially in the first half.

Fluckin' Hatchling
    PSN
    TYRON-D

Ok, thanks I'll remember next time.

Tricks seemed kinda random, but they weren't bad. Also, try to keep the skater in the frame and not half of his body. Not bad for a first edit though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuztard View Post
    Keep Rolling...I am.

Fluckin' Hatchling
    PSN
    TYRON-D

Thanks, the skater being half in frame is my style of filming and personally i like it, some people have told me they love it but some people have told me they hate it. Appreciate the feedback though, especially from a seasoned veteran like yourself.

If you're happy with the way you play, then that's all that matters. Cheers.
    Keep Rolling...I am.

XBL
    SKATAN 81

the color looks good , but the tricks :-/ can it be more random ? like one trick is a varial heelflip to crooked down a handrail nollie varial heelflip out ! and the next trick is a fs varial heelflip down 4 stairs ? lol
    but it's actually what i expected by rise fanboys

Fluckin' Hatchling
    PSN
    TYRON-D

Rise Fanboy? Lmao, I don't watch rise... Bit harsh, you could have just gave me some constructive criticism but you disliked my video and basically laughed at me. Link me to your first video and let me see how amazing you were first try.

*edit* I can't believe you called me a rise fanboy! Where tf did you come up with that conclusion?!?!
    Last edited by Ty Rice; 07-16-2015 at 05:42 AM.

XBL
    SKATAN 81

i could swear i saw your comments on rise videos ( when people link´d it to lough at ) but i could be wrong so sorry for that ..
    2. i left a some critism about your tricks .. constructive ? depends on you if you work on tricks to make it fit together than my coment was constructive .
    3.thats not my dislike . i dont dislike videos .. but now i have too "so you can see it was not mine .." i remove when you saw it ..

Q: i hate rise with a passion <3 yeah me too lol

just think about my first comment :
    varial heelflip to crooked down a handrail nollie varial heelflip out thats some chris cole final banger and not a mid montage filler

analyzing

0.30 nuts op trick flip out was way too much also very hard trick for mid part
    0.33 really op too
    1.17 op as fuck
    2.03 total underpowerd for the final tricks but still a nice clip just show it early´r
    last trick was way to easy . specialy with the hard tricks in the middle

ps the indore hardflip bs ts did not benefit to the rest ( was a nice clip but didnt fit that well)

:-)

ps here my first skate 3 video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sY8O731A1I

first skate 2 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRLcuB-p_8k

and here my first ever made : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxjnA0Z5LSc
    Last edited by HCH Media; 07-16-2015 at 12:43 PM.

Fluckin' Hatchling
    PSN
    TYRON-D

Sorry, I saw your comment then I saw a dislike on my video and thought it was you. I have a bad habit of jumping to conclusions... btw i hate rise with a passion, they're everything whats wrong with this community.
    People keep telling me that my tricks are random but I don't know how to fix that because that's how I play. I just uploaded a new video tell me if it's any less random (probably not lol)

XBL
    TheDietTea

Not everyone like, some dislike.
    Comments come... In, many form.
    your firs lesron grass hoppa.
    I was the same way about it when I was making videos.
    You can't ask for criticism and expect everyone to give it.
    You can't expect everyone to like your stuff.
    I have had video parts that only entertained me.
    They were my favorites though.
    Also, don't post just for feedback.
    If you're doing that chances are it will get stale
    not why we are posting our stuff. It's the passion man!

Second video was definitely better. Not a fan of under flips, but if you like them, then cool. I still can't get used to only seeing the skater's legs in most clips, though. Maybe it's just me tho. Keep em coming man. You'll adapt and find the perfect style that you can always stick to, but if this is that style, then so be it. These were both better than my first few edits for sure.
    Keep Rolling...I am.

Fluckin' Hatchling
    PSN
    TYRON-D

It's all fun and games to me, I don't take it too serious (after all it's just a game) and I totally understand people aren't going to like my content... Also because this is my first ever video, I wanted to know people's opinions and feedback so I can improve but I understand where you are coming from.

XBL
    TheDietTea

Cool.
    Just something to keep in mind then.
    Even if someone comes at you seemingly negative you don't have to recieve it that way. I'm only saying this because I see myself in your posts. I didn't care at first but it started to bother me, which it shouldn't!
    For me learning to film was more about study than actual practice.
    Videos around here, real skate videos. If you're really into it you can learn a thing or two just observing.
    I liked the varials by the way. Underappreciated trick! Try 180s, do it nicely and there is a solid animation to learn.