Thread: Hello! I am Wray!

Steam
    wrayayrton

Default Hello! I am Wray!

I am a hobbyist animator/3d modeller/skateboarder from florida. I now live in savannah georgia where I work dead end jobs to make ends meet because I got kicked out of art school because of drugs. I'm glad I found a forum and a new skateboarding game to look forward to.

I was always a big fan of animating fights and tricking and parkour or pretty much anything with a bipedal character, but skateboarding I think I like best because it's the most challenging and the most open ended. lots of people can 360 flip, nobody's looks quite the same and the differences between them is what makes skateboarding beautiful and fun to animate with different size/shape characters.

Here's my youtube and here's my tumblr

I look forward to being a member here!

Glad you could make the party! super awesome work, really amazing to see all those animations, new unique tricks looking legit.

You ever try animating skating in endorphin or you usually just do the parkour stuff/ been lurkin the channel allday haha. I always used to search naturalmotion skateboarding videos but they are soo badd. hope to see more in the future, cheers man!

Steam
    wrayayrton

TBH endorphin is pretty bad for animating the entirety of anything, especially skateboarding since it's such a complicated action. its easier to use it just to get a reference for physics, like how fast stuff should accelerate falling/jumping/sliding on different surfaces, then use that as a reference to make a more detailed skateboarding animation.

or just do it all in 3ds max :P

XBL
    TheDietTea

Welcome to Fluckit Dude.
    We are all Stoked on Project:Session.
    There's also another new member sharing his creative process on skateboarding mechanics just recently joined. Help yourself to anything you like. Plenty of hype and inspiration for all walks of life in our little corner of the Internet. Sorry to hear about your journey so far. You're incredibly talented though, do your thing and keep your head up. In the meantime we will supply the goods on the upcoming game.

that explains why the skate videos are always so bad hahah good to know info.

kicked out of art school for drugs.. now that's some bullshit

Amateur Flucker
    PSN
    Valleyboy420

Hi Wray welcome to Fluckit, just checked out a few of your animations. You got some skills, they all look very legit.

Steam
    wrayayrton

Quote Originally Posted by SK8ERatWAR View Post
    kicked out of art school for drugs.. now that's some bullshit
    bahahahahaha tell me about it. technically i'm only suspended, but they took away all my financial aid as a nice little "fuck off" for having a pipe in my car lol

btw
    I want to have a place to post my animations of skateboarding and get constructive criticism from actual skateboarders about how they think the tricks should be and whatnot, should I post animations in the skate footage board or the off topic board? or is there a better board for such things

XBL
    emericaridr11

your so tight at animations, I loved the chicks landings
    anyways I too like drugs, so welcome and there is some Bubble Hash around here some where

I would post the Animations under Off Topic section, cant wait to see more... they are so so so slick

Steam
    jesselack

bahahahahaha tell me about it. technically i'm only suspended, but they took away all my financial aid as a nice little "fuck off" for having a pipe in my car lol
    i feel you man... i'm never allowed inside a dorm room at my college ever again, on probation until 2016 and i can't even use the main dining hall.. all because i got caught with a bowl and about 2 grams of bud. fuck private universities.. well they also thought i was doing heroin but that's a different story lol