Thread: Any body have tips on treflips?

Fluckin' Hatchling
    PSN
    thomasw2172

Default Any body have tips on treflips?

I got the rotation down pat, I get that every time. Most times i even stomp the hell out of it with my back foot. Its my front foot that is the problem. When i set up for the trick i try my best to "sit in the back seat" of the board and pop the board in front of me. Only about 3 attempts have I been able to get my front foot on the board, and ive still not landed one. Most times its simply a great pop, great rotation, back foot catch, and front foot off to the side of the board.

XBL
    TheDietTea

Can be a bit scary at first haha.
    I like to think of tricks as one solid motion.
    Just have to keep tweaking until you have that entire motion dialed.
    If you're flipping the trick and landing the back foot that's good news.
    Pay attention to where the board ends up and try to stay above it.
    Sounds basic but flipping the board around can mean it moves away from your center in the process.
    I often find myself hopping a bit left, skating goofy.
    Don't know if it will help Ya but I had an easier time learning fakie tres before regular ones.
    I can always nail fakie 360 shuvs so it just felt natural to start there.

PSN
    pifachu
    XBL
    crazy willy 94

the 36 flip used to be my most controlled trick when i was riding low truck setup, did them every where hey hey,

i actually learned them fakie first too, the scoop is easier to get,
    as for the regular(or goof) stance part, i suggest you get really good pop shuv it, well snaped and well catched, they helped me a lot, the catch important when doin 360 flip, and the back foot motion and catch feel really similar for some reason,

i naturally catch them in betwen 270 and 360 degree of rotation, finishing by shifting body on the way down, dont really know why

edit: i also flip them in front of me, not ''in the back seat'' flipping them in front make the catch easier

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Steam
    TheIronz
    XBL
    TheIronz

Im in the exact same boat, every catch is back foot with my front foot like 3 inches over to the left (regular).

Just keep flipping them and they will come!

idk whether it will help or not but try looking towards your frontside, this was one of my common problems

as in, rotate your head so that it is over the frontside of your board as opposed to looking forward or diagonally forward towards the nose

that back foot, scoop like youve never scooped before haha.

keep your shoulders in check.

Fluckin' Hatchling
    PSN
    thomasw2172

Just got arounf to reading this now, but thanks for the tips guys! Ill take another 3 hours dedicated to tres tomorrow haha

Look at da flick of da scoop!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuztard View Post
    Keep Rolling...I am.

Fluckin' Hatchling
    PSN
    thomasw2172

Might post a video of some attempts if anyone would be nice enough to watch it. Might be easier to give tips if you can see the problems.

tre flips are weird... you gotta learn how to flip them good. i suggest learning to scoop and flip em' perfectly every try and catching them with your front foot. after you master the rotation and the rotation speed, try to stick one.. play with the way you are shifting your weight above the board it until it gets under both your legs. after you got the front foot on lock, you only need to find a way to get the back foot back in there, shouldn't be hard. just try it ALOT. once you get it... ahhh the satisfaction is immense, it's one of the easier tricks once you got it! hope you get em'!