Thread: N.B.D.I.S.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    XBL
    TheDietTea

Poppy, that sounds very difficult.
    Finger flips and airwalks both can take impeccable timing when landing in a stall or grind.
    I wouldn't doubt it being doable, just very hard. Would love to see you revisit that one day.

Crz, that ledge looks super fun.

I think we could all use some closure with these NBDs.
    If it is a combination within the mechanics it's more than likely within grasp.
    Recommend everyone tries their tricks for a while once more before throwing in the towel.
    I'm going to anyway.
    I've noticed with a clear head you can get more attempts in and even incorporate small things you didn't think of before making it more likely to become a make.

As for tricks that you couldn't get looking realistic, post those too if you like.
    I was told you could never do realistic Wallies in skate and I've found a few setups that have allowed me to.

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    Poppy, that sounds very difficult.
    Finger flips and airwalks both can take impeccable timing when landing in a stall or grind.
    I wouldn't doubt it being doable, just very hard. Would love to see you revisit that one day.
    Yea, the problem is getting the kind of air you need for that while still hitting the ledge. I've done it a couple times but landed everywhere but the tail. Fingerflip Bodyjars and Airwalk Bodyjars are both something I can do with consistency, it's just getting them both requires a ton of air relatively, so I'd probably have to find the perfect ramp to make it really possible (or even make one).

Even if I did revisit it though (My skate 3 disc is dead), I have no way of filming anymore.
    The artist formerly known as Luft

Steam
    jesselack

poppy/luft i'll give it a shot
    RISE Sorable: why do something in a game you can do in real life

XBL
    TheDietTea

Saunders The thread is inspired by chris cole's NBD Contest.
    Not to say we are the inventors but things we haven't done or want to see done.
    The more we rely on things not naturally built into the game the less likely it is to have been done.
    You're right though, we don't "know."
    I guess I don't picture the average gamer picking up the skate series and doing what we do.
    Getting extremely technical or creating entirely new things through its flaws just for the sake of videos and hyping eachother since you mention it.

Poppy, yeah. I figured as much.. I still haven't figured out finger flip animations.
    My assumption was that there is a brief moment where the trick is not completely finished in the code but fully flipped in its animation. Then I think about Pawnluv doing flatground finger flip pivots and get lost in translation haha.

As for your disc..
    I've tried ridiculous things to get discs working again over the years.
    The most successful method to date is simply wiping the disc down with a 100% cotton t-shirt.
    No joke. My skate 3 disc is still ruined but on a good day after I've wiped it back and forth it will let me install the game and problems solved.

Demz, pretty close to Wallies.
    Details to get right seem minor in the grand scheme.
    I just have too many things I end up doing when I play so never really focused at it.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=Dtjwr_6OBtY
    Wallrides out are anyone's guess until someone succeeds without an actual wall below.
    It does make you think though, which is never bad.
    One theory should be right.
    Last edited by Antwan; 08-10-2015 at 07:12 PM.

no-comply (teaser only)

Steam
    jesselack

Quote Originally Posted by bohemian View Post
    no-comply (teaser only)
    what
    RISE Sorable: why do something in a game you can do in real life

Quote Originally Posted by noobtard07 View Post
    what
    ray barbee no comply from the teaser. I think is what bohemian meant.