Thread: L3 Series (Hardcore and Realistic) 3 Full-length videos

Fluckin' Hatchling
    PSN
    TheAdamosphere

Default L3 Series (Hardcore and Realistic) 3 Full-length videos

(Disclaimer: I know some you you may not be able to view these video due to copyrighted music and insanity)

Hey everyone, I would like to endow you all with a very strange and mediocre set of full-length videos I created by myself.

Over the course of 2015 I have created these videos (In order of release).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v-jWUC76bM <-- "L3 Show"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NQg0-VhHWE <-- "L3 HIDE"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWwDvVCd08c <-- "Suspect Device"

I am working on a 4th video. Let me know what you guys think.

Awful Awfuls!

You didn't really have to make a separate thread to showcase your latest full, as you could actually update your previous thread. Speaking of the latest full:

Intro
    - Letters cut off @ 2:00
    - 2:30 could’ve been framed a little better to show the landing
    - Nice double angle @2:23; could’ve been zoomed in a bit

Hannibal (Fave clips: 3:53, 4:13, 4:31, 5:19-:25, 5:41, 6:48-:52)
    - 4:31 could’ve benefitted from a second angle just to show the height of obstacle and trick
    - Seriously, where’s the Farva beans and Chianti? I know they’re spelled wrong, but I don’t care.
    - Sorta Steady camera work @ 6:29. Good, for the most part.

Frank (8:49, 9:14-:24, 9:33, 9:52, 10:06, 10:12, 10:42, 10:52-:59, 11:04, 11:42-:48)
    - Nice shot @ 7:57
    - 10:12: Okay clip, but could’ve been framed tighter. Maybe could’ve used another angle.
    - 10:42, like 10:12, could’ve been framed tighter. ‘Twas in a good spot though, and nicely synced.
    - 10:52-:59 synced well
    - 11:31 = WILD!
    - Nice camera work and ramping here @11:44
    - Nice shot @ 11:53

3 (12:47, 13:12, 13:46, 14:53, 15:45)
    An okay part here.

Torpedo Mike (18:00, 19:14)
    - Is that a Chinese song I’m hearing?
    - 18:24 = Reason #1 I hope the next skateboarding game has a balancing system for grinds
    - Including the intro, a weird part all around

The Bitch (19:27, 19:46, 20:17, 20:37-:41, 20:52-:56, 21:31-:42, 21:47, 21:54, 22:03, 22:28, 23:27)
    - From a Chinese song to a James Bond song. These are some interesting song choices.
    - Nice intro @ 19:20
    - Good angle @ 20:37
    - Good shot @ 21:31
    - 22:36-:42 was nice. First shot could’ve been zoomed in a bit. Second shot was synced perfectly.
    - 23:00 was nice. It could’ve been zoomed in to frame the trick.

McDougal (26:48, 27:03-:16, 27:25, 27:35, 28:02-:24)
    - Good shot @ 26:17
    - First part was meh; second part was better, clips matched well with pace of the song.

Other Thoughts (No ill-will intended)
    - How much time do you spend sifting through movie clips just to fill gaps?

Props to you on making these full length videos on your own with help from Hannibal on filming. However, a lot of the critiques I had still apply from your previous videos - like keeping skater in frame, bouncing of cameras, saying video was done on HARDCORE, obvious spots, etc. - still apply.

As long as you're having fun, it's all that matters.

Awful Awfuls!

ya mon that was the gnar dog sickness!!! good shit keep it up and remember smoke that herb!!!

Fluckin' Hatchling
    PSN
    TheAdamosphere

Thanks again, @Amphan

Dude your reviews are awesome. I really appreciate it when people examine things as much as I do. BTW I have a bunch of movie clips written down to add in the video, I actually try to make black space for them to fit!

I'm going to give you a shout-out in my next video whether you like it or not.

In all honesty, I like my filming to have it's good moments, but I like it when it's kinda bad filming. I want the viewer to feel as if the skaters are filming each other, like none of them have a professional filmer. I built a fiction world to build my character's personalities. For example, Hannibal likes Hannibal Lecter and the Joker, Frank is the older tech guy with mafia ties, 3 is a new jack who is a handrail champ. Torpedo Mike is an otherly-world skater/comic relief. The Bitch is the boss of the crew, he holds it down with crazy shit! McDougal's style is kinda like a renegade punk douche, but I tried to adapt him to an IRL amateur skater: John Fitzgerald.

So yea, that was probably too long for anyone else to read, but all in all thanks for your analysis, I really enjoyed it. "FORE" is next.

FORE will be the longest and better than the prequels in the "L3" saga. Expect to see improvements and some really, really weird movie clips and ridiculous shit.

Thanks!

Awful Awfuls!

haha okay Adam. I'll keep an eye for it.

I understand where you're coming from. If you're in a comfort zone with your filming, I'm all for it. I'm always looking to keep things as tight as possible when I work on a video, so that's why I have the critiques I do. A majority of the people on this site certainly have that train of thought, even if they have different ways of accomplishing that.

Keep it up, and take your time. I'll look for the next video.

not really a fan of the "kinda bad" filming. (your words, not mine)

i watched most of the recent vid. all of the skaters seem to skate the same. fast skating with simple grinds and gaps. nothing made me wonder "how'd you do that?"

i think a (much) shorter vid with some bangers and more difficult tricks would keep the attention better. like a 3 or 4 minute vid. i really don't want to watch the same skater for 30 minutes, especially when i know he's just gonna make another in a month or so. i want to see stuff that took some effort (on the skating and filming side of things). this was too long for a solo when they come out that quickly. i couldn't sit through the whole thing waiting for more good stuff. stash the good stuff for a while and then put out a "best of."

these are just my opinions.

all that matters is that you enjoyed the vid. happy skate.ing

edited by bill cosby's pimphand: i don't want that to sound harsh. we're honest at fluckit but it's always meant as constructive criticism. i onky saw a random 15 minutes of the vid (on account of it being so long), so i definitely missed a bunch of the tricks. i just think it would be more effective if you threw a shorter vid together of just your favorite clips. also, like i said, i couldn't really distinguish the skaters by their styles
    Last edited by EmmitBrown; 08-06-2015 at 05:31 PM.