Thread: Mac Discussion

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    XBL
    emericaridr11

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    I was trying to figure out what it's running myself, the person who got it for me even set it up before hand.

Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Memory 4 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
    Graphics ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT 128 MB
    Software OS X 10.9 (13A603)
    I took that software number to google and it says something about Maverick but the source only implied it was.
    I didn't know graphics cards could have a size either? Confused about what that means haha. 128MB seems low?
    that is a low Video Card Speed, but I wouldn't worry about that too much just yet... that's the same video card I had in my imac when I had one, and I did all kinds of editing on it with no problems other than it being a little slow
    Mavericks is what you have and is actually my 2 fav OSX, so that is good news haha

I'm hoping you got a white imac honestly, I had a white one and a metal case one and the white plastic one didn't get nearly as hot as the metal one
    and Mac peeps will say that is because the metal one acts like a 2nd heat sink to drive heat away from your components, and it does do this somewhat but what I have noticed is that the heat on the metal ones cause the screen to do wild things (like screen burns and discoloration) because of the location of the heat

shame, but if you need any help with the Mac and programs involved hit me up I can usually help

EDIT: grab SMCfancontrol (it is free) if you do get worried about heating
    Last edited by emericaridr11; 01-03-2016 at 09:59 AM.