Thread: Capture Card?

Fluckin' Hatchling
    PSN
    thomasw2172

Default Capture Card?

Im trying to film a video and i have all the footage i want and im working on editing it in game right now. Wondering about getting a cap card and what the best and cheapest one to get is. Thanks.

XBL
    TheDietTea

It's not always as simple as that selecting one sadly.
    Cheaper cards are likely to have cheap software with them that give a lower quality.
    The capture card is external, but your PC still has to meet its requirements.
    You can use workarounds for better quality if you're willing to put in the research.
    These actions are heavy on the PC hardware though and personal experience has lead me to dead laptops.
    So I would say find the best capture card for your setup.
    If you've got a decent setup you might be restricted to standard quality.
    A better PC setup can do wonders with standard quality as far as bringing it up goes.

Fluckin' Hatchling
    PSN
    thomasw2172

Yeah my laptop isn't anything special. In fact it was one of the samsungs that they marked down for Black Friday back in 2011 so I'm sure it's not that great at all. Good info to know tho. Thanks. I'll do some research and try to figure something out.

Chief Alcohol Strategist momadaddy's Avatar
    PSN
    momadaddy
    XBL
    momadaddy

best and cheapest arent the same. i absolutely love my elgato hd60 but the are pricey. i would say save your money and get something worth having. you can always lower the capture quality till it matches what your pc can handle. i had an hdpvr and it crapped out on me. i know roxio has some for around 60 bucks. ask derk if they are worth getting he had one

"Your friendship with xi SATORI ix has been broken"

Amateur Flucker
    PSN
    Valleyboy420

I use an avermedia live gamer pro £105 on amazon, it can record onto am SD card or your computers hardrive. Good quality and lots of easy to follow vids on their website for setting it up.

Minglin'

Was wondering if anyone can direct me to a cheap cap card that will work with Mac. I don't care about quality too much. It doesn't even have to be 720p as long as it is clear. I use to make videos and am kinda interested in popping back in for some little stuff. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
    Was wondering if anyone can direct me to a cheap cap card that will work with Mac. I don't care about quality too much. It doesn't even have to be 720p as long as it is clear. I use to make videos and am kinda interested in popping back in for some little stuff. Thanks!
    ohboyohboyohboyohboy new tinky footy

If you don't mind having the quality and aspect ratio I've been uploading my vids in than you should thake a look at this one, it's probably the cheapest choice with decent quality
    http://www.ezcap.tv/usb-game-capture...r-capture-card
    Now since I'm not using it with mac myself I can't say if it works well with it but they advertise it on their website as compatible with mac OS.