Thread: Kick Flick

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Steam
    wrayayrton

at this point not entirely sure which character style imma use but here's the animations so far. all thats complete is basic riding, crouching, ollies, and landings from all positions I'm thinking of doing many different characters, each one getting 5 regular, 5 fakie, 5 switch, and 5 nollie tricks, and making the game 2D or 2.5D to keep it simple, perhaps expandable in the future

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Steam
    TheIronz
    XBL
    TheIronz

God-Speed fluckiteer.

Game looks fun as shit.

XBL
    TheDietTea

Really is impressive stuff Wray. I used to animate 2D 8-32 bit sprites. Another level here but it does take me back. The FULL crouch makes me think of boned Ollies. Could be cool to compensate crouch for height. Call me the idea guy haha.

Steam
    wrayayrton

thank you both very much! I was thinking of a trick system in which a key on the keyboard is pushed starting the character preparing and crouching for the trick. once the key is released (optimally at the lowest point in the crouch animation) the character pops and the trick begins. I am still debating whether or not to implement a key press that will be necessary to catch the board or to land a trick, or if the tricks will be automatically landed to make for more obstacle centric gameplay. as it is I still do not have a programmer available to me but I hope to fix that soon.

this is if the game is 2/2.5 D
    here's an update of the animations. I've done a few tricks from every stance except switch. still deciding if spins will be handled by animation or in-game. I'm making sure these anims look good from every angle so that they can be used in whatever type of game i'm able to produce.

XBL
    TheDietTea

Well, if you did go 2D you should tackle free movement in levels. I've yet to see a 2D Skateboarding game that captures hitting areas. They are usually one line and you're done. Restart to find new stuff. Could include, off board, cavemans, running, jumping, full control in each level.

Steam
    wrayayrton

the "tremaker" 360 flip late fs 180

inspired by the "haymaker"

new special trick for the game

Steam
    wrayayrton

more camera analysis stuff. id love anyones opinion!