Thread: HAWK 5 a full price game

XBL
    SKATAN 81

Default HAWK 5 a full price game

looks like a shity port from PS1 to PS4 lol
    All Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 glitches and physics bugs in this video were captured in under 60 minutes of gameplay, on a PS4 with the 7gb launch update installed.

Last edited by HCH Media; 09-29-2015 at 12:19 PM.

XBL
    TheDietTea

Yeah, should've pushed it back if it's that common.
    That's too bad man. Would like to see the tony hawk games doing well after all this time.
    Also has a lot to live up to.. Past successes and current game quality.
    Hopefully it gets patched up. At least get the gameplay going.
    Rag doll looks pretty damn hilarious though.
    Was not expecting to see the board fall out from under them.

I'll be back with a stupid personal review of the game tonight, I rented it to see for myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

XBL
    SKATAN 81

antwan : yeah i wish it did well too , to get some skate game hype ..

Derk : i would watch 1h video :-) im lazy to coment on your long videos but i really like them to watch .

Quote Originally Posted by HCH Media View Post
    Derk : i would watch 1h video :-) im lazy to coment on your long videos but i really like them to watch .
    I just wrote a review for here, I've done it for about 3 or 4 games now, I don't do video reviews. I don't think I could present them well so just typing is easier for me.

http://skatefluckit.com/showthread.php?t=17252
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !

Chief Alcohol Strategist momadaddy's Avatar
    PSN
    momadaddy
    XBL
    momadaddy

Hopefully it's the final nail in the tony hawk games coffin. Looks like trash

"Your friendship with xi SATORI ix has been broken"

Project: Session Team

**objective thought, not from the guy who's making a skate game but the kid who used to play thps1 with his friends, watching fuck'n 411 game's video parts and trying to wrap his head arround freakin Campbell's mindblowing gettho bird his entire childhood, smoking blunts and go skate hyped as fuck:P**
    I am pretty sure I just described A LOT of you am I right? anyway :P

at first I though it could be ok/fine to enjoy the good ol' days of thps but when I saw the results I actually wonder who is really responsible for that hehe the publisher? the dev? or the guy on the cover? I feel like once again someone is laughing a bit in the face of the gamers/skaters by not taking them seriously (remind me of that never ending story of municipalities making crap skateparks whitout asking skaters what they really want and then, complaining nobody skates them), thinking that an average to crappy product would still sell monstrous amount of copies (but it will probably anyway, unfortunately) and getting away by saying well they're not real skaters, they play games or they're just gamers wo sell them same cod for decade already (no offense hehe it was an easy example) why bother, The hawk stamp will do the job!

I have lots of respect in the guy, for what he does to the skateboarding community and sport and everything and he look like a nice guy but once again, it looks like gamers aren't taken seriously so we end up with something like this.. Not that I was expecting ground breaking game but at least, with the legacy of game they have, a rock solid old school combo game with skateboarding as a theme..

Fluckit Master

I used to play fuck loads of thps back when I had a ps1,ps2 because well, there weren't any better skate games out there. Used to build as realistic parks as the game would let me, and then put on the cheat where it was a bit more realistic in terms of how high you'd ollie etc. I think it was a fantastic game at the time, but now when we have had far more realistic and better skateboarding games, this just feels like a waste of time making and publishing, and even to play.

The game mechanics are outdated and the graphics barely improved. And did they really think it was revolutionary for the thps franchise to have a "slam down" button or whatever they called it, burning skaboards and tricks with particle effects after them?

The franchise died back when that fucking atrocious thps ride skateboard was out... fuck, the game might've even died earlier.

I shat on this game when it was first announced and i'd take a dump on it's cd cover today as well if I had the chance.

XBL
    SKATAN 81

was talking about a 1h lets play/review thingy :-)

Quote Originally Posted by HCH Media View Post
    was talking about a 1h lets play/review thingy :-)
    I know, I already acknowledged that in my previous post. I can't present myself well enough to do video reviews for games, so I'll just do the occasional written one.

Quote Originally Posted by crea-turestudios View Post
    **objective thought, not from the guy who's making a skate game but the kid who used to play thps1 with his friends, watching fuck'n 411 game's video parts and trying to wrap his head arround freakin Campbell's mindblowing gettho bird his entire childhood, smoking blunts and go skate hyped as fuck:P**
    I am pretty sure I just described A LOT of you am I right? anyway :P

Hahah, exactly.

You summed this up pretty well. I can only imagine this is the view and perception surrounding TH games these days. Such a shitty and slow fall towards it death, and they just keep kicking it now. hella unfortunate. WHY did guitar hero have to exists!!!??? lol Since neversoft left the game to other devs, its just been bad all around.

XBL
    TheDietTea

Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    I know, I already acknowledged that in my previous post. I can't present myself well enough to do video reviews for games, so I'll just do the occasional written one.
    Hey, don't sell yourself short man.
    You could do occasional video reviews until you've got it down pact.
    Entirely up to you.. Write out the review first, read it, back it with video.
    Personal opinions make good reviews if you ask me.
    Have at it if you're feeling it.