Thread: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 Review

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    XBL
    TheDietTea

Some things expected but some could definitely be building blocks.
    If ragdoll was more controlled it would be an awesome addition along side something like a difficulty for the game.
    A hard difficulty maybe including grind balance failures.
    Things they could do to improve the game aswell as some more pros if you can find them would be good for your review.
    Like I said in the other topic, you could do occasional video reviews.
    Fully capable and it's really all about the fan's opinion in the end.
    Nothing to lose in trying Derk. Should definitely have a go before chalking it up to a loss though.
    Could be cool.

XBL
    TOATISCOMING

It's seriously sad that I didn't even play the game, and knew it was trash!

I was actually going to make a thread telling people to boycott this game lol. Good review m8.

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Tony Hawk games officially died with Neversoft. Without Neversoft there will never be another good one.
    The artist formerly known as Luft

the worst part is, as visible in all the video reviews and gameplays, that it's not even as good as the first one on ps1. the control of the skaters doesnt look very direct and it makes it look like a frustrating clusterfuck if you actually wanted to play. the neversoft games weren't BAD, they were an enjoyable arcade combo/point-accruing experience. this just looks like "we gave up and you bought this game before so buy a shitty version because its new"

edit: yeah i think the license expiration had something to do with it. i just wish tony cared a little bit more about his name than to let it be on this crap. if he doesnt care about vgames, he shouldnt have his name on one. if he DOES care about games theres no way he would let this get through quality control. do you give a shit, Tony?

oh and is Weezy in the game? shit, does that mean jereme rogers is on the soundtrack? lol. i love weezy but im not buying a crap game to play with toonchi
    Last edited by EmmitBrown; 10-01-2015 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EmmitBrown View Post
    i just wish tony cared a little bit more about his name than to let it be on this crap. if he doesnt care about vgames, he shouldnt have his name on one. if he DOES care about games theres no way he would let this get through quality control. do you give a shit, Tony?
    This. Did he ask to make another one? Why was this series randomly rebooted? I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roflcopter View Post
    This. Did he ask to make another one? Why was this series randomly rebooted? I don't get it.
    Activision had a contract with the tony hawk franchise since 2002 and it expires this year. I'm sure they pushed Robomobo to shit out one more title before it's done with to milk whatever money was left from the fans that were willing to try another THPS, even if it's Robomodo behind the development. Seanne posted a link about it earlier in this thread.
    Last edited by NotedDerk; 10-01-2015 at 02:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck