Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I is High Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by pawnluvguitarist View Post
    of all the studies i've looked at, that would definitely be the upper end of it. But very modestly speaking, by vaporizing instead of smoking, you are getting well over double the dose of the active ingredient...
    i really would like to see these studies. because everything ive looked at shows vaporizers to be comparable and rarely better, let alone double. you dont lose as much due to breezy smoke and what not, but the actual thc you can get out of the same amount of bud is the same or slightly less than when combusted. so maybe your figures are based on the amount of "released" thc...in which case you would get almost all of it, because it doesn't drift away.

see here

however, it's worth it just for the reduction in cannabanoids and other toxins (and the efficiency with not losing smoke) in my opinion.

greenlake

oh who cares. smoke it or don't. if you're worried about inhaling toxins, wear a respirator at all times because the world is a filthy place. weed isn't any healthier than cigarettes, which aren't any healthier than inhaling any other burning dried plant. you're supposed to breathe oxygen. OXYGEN. not weed or tobacco or the interstate you live near or other people's farts but you're going to anyway. weed and cigarettes will damage your body and so will getting hit by a bus when you're 75 and bragging about how you lived a healthy safe life and look at you now and SPLAT OOPS FART YOU'RE DEAD A BUS HIT YOU.

and nobody's allowed to cite medical research they read, or pretend they read, or overheard someone unqualified saying it to win an argument, because this is a fake skateboarding messageboard. if i see you on mayoclinic.com we'll have that discussion.

get back on your dinosaur or I'LL hit you with a bus!

Banned

Legal or illegal, bong or vape, shwag or dank, if its weed I'm smoking it.

They don't call me the fiend for nothing

weed is as much of a drug as caffeine. have you seen the effects of spiders? way way worse on caffeine than weed.

G Ryin

Quote Originally Posted by Skatevid2 View Post
    ive never found the need to get into drugs.
    i mean ive thought about it but i see no point.

i know it feels good or whatever but its like..you smoke up and then your just a waste product for the rest of the day.

not to mention your down a couple bucks..
    so you don't drink beer or booze at all?

also, EB, that was the first time i've seen anyone post a .pdf except of a scientific journal to make their point. This is me; throwing in the towel.
    Last edited by G Ryin; 05-13-2009 at 11:56 AM. Reason: significantly impressed

Quote Originally Posted by BeastySteez View Post
    Nothing in the world will ever make as much since as this.
    Fail of the word sense
    Holden

I have a real big question. i wanna know if smoking weed in Canada is LEGAL or not so pawn or anybody livin in Canada please help. ive been confused about this for a while, i heard it is, then it isn't, then they don't care but technically it isn't, and yadda yadda yadda

Obama did recently state that national drug enforcement agencys will no longer raid medical marijuana facilities in states where it's been deemed legal. Which is a step in the right direction, but I kind of doubt that we'll see complete legalization anytime soon.

It is pretty easy around where I live in Northern Cal to find the right doctor, tell him you have stress or anxiety problems and get a prescription.

As far as health issues, I'm with Greenlake. Everything is a little bad for you. Everything. High fructose corn syrup, caffeine, sugar etc. Weed, like most things, should be enjoyed in moderation. The modern world demands that you shut off some of your senses at all times to complete a goal (driving, working etc.). Marijuana is a good way to relax and enjoy all of them.

Except, I've found I can't play Skate while high very well. So many unintentional varial flips it's scary.

Blazing a Trail SeksulChokolate's Avatar
    PSN
    Weird_JamJar
    XBL
    SeksulChokolate

^^i agree about everything you said except the varial flips haha

but i don't think that when you smoke you feel like shit for the rest of the day...it lasts for a little bit then its over and your back to norm

i dont think it should be done on a day to day basis or if interfering with how you live your life but if you just do it with your friends for fun or just do it to chill out a bit im completely fine with that

....im actually pretty good at skate while high haha
    ....also dirty at basketball

G Ryin

Quote Originally Posted by SeksulChokolate View Post
    ^^

but i don't think that when you smoke you feel like shit for the rest of the day...it lasts for a little bit then its over and your back to norm
    i dunno man.. they don't call em weed naps for nothin.

it just depends on what your smoking, the strain, strength, and type of high it gives you. you can take a couple hits of some kush and be able to function fine, but i dare you to smoke blunts of schwag and try not to pass out. not cause of how high you are, but cause of the crippling schwag headache it causes.

PSN
    Weird_JamJar
    XBL
    SeksulChokolate

haha nah it doesnt really bother me that much...
    you may be right about what kind though cause i havent smoked that kind before...

me and my buds were smokin some dro from joints and went up to the nearest courts to play some basketball...didnt really get us that bad after we were done

Banned

Thats cause joints as weak, bong or vape all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
    Thats cause joints as weak, bong or vape all the way.
    We know adopted you're a"legit" pothead

blunts were my weapon of choice.

with bingers a close second.

(all past tense)

when i go back it'll be food.

Been smoking for 30 years now, last 15 years high class skunk usually bout 15 a day, and ounce here at the moment goes for $200-$300...
    off later to pick up some white widow, so I might get back to the friday crew...but as with everything in life know your limits and everything in moderation

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by StrabMawr View Post
    Been smoking for 30 years now, last 15 years high class skunk usually bout 15 a day, and ounce here at the moment goes for $200-$300...
    off later to pick up some white widow, so I might get back to the friday crew...but as with everything in life know your limits and everything in moderation
    Smoked an 8th of that dank on 4/20 out of a two footer, heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
    Smoked an 8th of that dank on 4/20 out of a two footer, heaven.
    I hear ya Nelson
    just rolled a big ol biffter, now to poke fun at Tony on Twitter

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

Emmit:

As far as vaporizing goes, I know through testing pipe vs vaporizer a few times, I am definitely using somewhere between 1/4 -1/8 the amount with the vaporizer to achieve the same high. But I think you are right, a lot of that efficiency comes down to the fact that nothing is burning away, and when you vaporize you really aren't losing anything. And as you noted, health benefits alone its worth getting a vaporizer, and you'll save money in the long run.

Red Bicycle:

Yes weed is illegal in Canada, I think its very similar to US in most ways, doctors can still prescribe it ect

As far as playing Skate high, I do all the time, most of the time when I play Skate its late at night and i'm just chillin at the end of the day, I don't really think it affects my skill level at all, if anything i'm more relaxed, and less stressed about spending like 30 mins on a trick

my little bro has been calling me a pot head cause ever since I got my vaporizer i've been getting high pretty much every day. I quit for a week just to prove i'm not addicted, two days to go..

TANK

Go Arnold

Quote Originally Posted by ChvyVele View Post
    Well that's just not true. I'm pretty sure it's been proven that weed actually messes your lungs/throat up faster then cigarettes do, the only difference is that people smoke way more cigarettes then they do, say, joints. So, you're doing it less so it's not effecting you as fast. Unless you're smoking out of a vaporizer, if you smoke weed as much as the average smoker smokes cigarettes, you're lungs would be pretty messed up.

I'm not against legalization by the way, just saying.

if you read http://www.jackherer.com/chapter01.html that

history of cannabis hemp you'l find the word about marijuana and its risk and causes, what happens to your lungs when smoked,eaten, vapourized etc..... honestly it does seem farfetch'd
    but also seems like another reasonable conspiracy to be kept hidden

and what strab said MODERATION
    Last edited by saunders420; 05-16-2009 at 02:54 PM.

G Ryin

i dunno about you guys, but i just worked a double and its time to enjoy some (il)legal weed.

I played Skate high again the other day and found I'm much better. I think I was just demolished the last time I played because I hadn't smoked in like 8-9 months because I was moving and had to look for a job.

Weird story about that. I hadn't smoked in a long ass time and didn't really plan on it. Then one day I got weed cravings but didn't know where to get any because I'd just moved. I went to see a friends band play that night and some dude walks up to me out of nowhere and says "You smoke?". I say yes and he hands me two big nugs of good weed. Then, I walked out of the bar and for whatever reason there was a smoke shop open across the street at 12:30 am. Bought a piece and went home. Then the next day my girlfriend comes home and says "Look what I found walking home". It was a dime bag of weed. It was a lucky couple of days.

G Ryin

we should each drop a min. worth of sober footy, and then a min worth of "i recorded this while on another planet" footy

SCREAM

saw weed so i added my 2 cents

Banned

Banned

Bringin' it back.

i hope you didn't let that milk spoil hehe, yea i kno shitty joke, but seriously wow

Banned

Hell nah you know i had to try and clear that, had me coughin for hours.

Banned

i is high thread starts now

Banned

Aight, today i smoked some bomb kb early in the morning, played some balls and then made a steak and cheese sandwich followed by a 3 gram blunt that hit like a champ. And to top off the wonderful night my sister picks me up, bring me to her friend house, i get 3 hits from a 3 foot bong of some od the dankest dank ive ever seen or smoked. Life is great.

I dont care if it's illegal. I just want to be able to get GOOD stuff with no hassle.

Kinda off-topic.

I simply dont like playing this game sober, I get way too frustrated.

Quote Originally Posted by HorseHead View Post
    Weird story about that. I hadn't smoked in a long ass time and didn't really plan on it. Then one day I got weed cravings but didn't know where to get any because I'd just moved. I went to see a friends band play that night and some dude walks up to me out of nowhere and says "You smoke?". I say yes and he hands me two big nugs of good weed. Then, I walked out of the bar and for whatever reason there was a smoke shop open across the street at 12:30 am. Bought a piece and went home. Then the next day my girlfriend comes home and says "Look what I found walking home". It was a dime bag of weed. It was a lucky couple of days.
    I need to move to where you live.

PSN
    Weird_JamJar
    XBL
    SeksulChokolate

haha this got stickied
    Hoodlum: Threat

Get Stoked

I read an article in High Times the other day that said the editors did a test. Smoked the same strain of bud out of each device you can get high with and they came to the conclusion that joints/blunts get you the most high.

With a joint or blunt, it burns slower and most of the time, in a social setting, you're going to take two or three big rips off of the joint/blunt before passing. In the case of bowl and bongs, you take one hit and pass.

I think it really just depends on how much marijuana you take in. In the case of the joints and blunts, you just take in more THC than you realize.

Also, if you're smoking a ton of weed daily, you're smoking bad weed, haha. I usually pack one bowl pack and it'll last me all day.

That study sounds flawed to me. How can you trust statistics from somebody that is wasted? A joint/blunt might get you higher, but it sounds like from your statement that its because your just smoking more? As far as consuming weed, the dugout/box/one hitter is better than a joint and wayyy better than a blunt. I mean how many bats can you get out of one blunt? Please answer this question before fireing up.
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Get Stoked View Post
    I read an article in High Times the other day that said the editors did a test. Smoked the same strain of bud out of each device you can get high with and they came to the conclusion that joints/blunts get you the most high.

With a joint or blunt, it burns slower and most of the time, in a social setting, you're going to take two or three big rips off of the joint/blunt before passing. In the case of bowl and bongs, you take one hit and pass.

I think it really just depends on how much marijuana you take in. In the case of the joints and blunts, you just take in more THC than you realize.

Also, if you're smoking a ton of weed daily, you're smoking bad weed, haha. I usually pack one bowl pack and it'll last me all day.
    No way, 1 gram of weed out of my bong will fuck me up pretty nicely, a 1 gram blunt to my dome will get me going but its not even close to the same as the bong.

Get Stoked

From my experience, the most high I've ever been is from edibles. Making bud-butter and cooking it with some brownies. You're getting all the THC from the marijuana and you can put as large of a quantity as you want in the mix. Three of us put 11 grams in a batch of brownies once (like a 4x4 pan) and I don't remember anything except throwing up about 5 hours into the high, haha.

I love my dugout, haha. It's so portable, only thing is I'm usually too generous at parties when I have it.

Usually I smoke out of my bubbler, it can really get me to that nice, intense, creeper high that I like.

I feel so stupid when I talk about smoking marijuana, haha.

Its sort of a trade off. Joints/blunt continue to burn when not puffed, therefore your not inhaling all the smoke from it; its wasted. But it fills the air around you so your breathing it. With a bat, there is absolutley no waste and isnt all that much different from smoking a joint; aside from the resination. Its just one hit at a time. The middle of the road is a bong; little waste, and a good high.
    All these methods vary from person to person though because everyone has different smoking habits and techniques.

PSN
    Weird_JamJar
    XBL
    SeksulChokolate

like nelsons hawiian punch bottle =]
    Hoodlum: Threat