Thread: I is High Thread.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by G Ryin View Post
    and i've been avoiding buying a vaporizer for year... well... not avoiding

i've just never been at a head shop with enough disposable income to justify buying it.

but i think if i'm gonna be a lifer, i might as well make the investment, if for anything else, my health. (and the fact that its the most potent way of getting THC into your system. something like 96% makes it into your system; 2nd best was bong at 67%)

sorry for the 2x post

not sure where you read those figures...but i dont think they're entirely accurate....

according to the research papers ive read on it, the thc intake benefit is slightly higher than smoking....the primary reasons for using them are little to no smoke (when used properly) and the fact that not as much ""drifts away" so to speak...

if i ever go back to tweeds though, it'll be with a vapo

probably homemade though..(no not cheapo homemade, my roommate is a mechanical engineer working on his doctorate....think better than Volcano quality, and built for around $100 tops)

G Ryin

Quote Originally Posted by EmmitBrown View Post
    not sure where you read those figures...but i dont think they're entirely accurate....

it was on an episode of mythbusters on TLC, or Discovery, or whatever educational network it comes on.

but, in all honesty, i could have heard the figures wrong. after all, i was high when i watched it

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G Ryin View Post
    it was on an episode of mythbusters on TLC, or Discovery, or whatever educational network it comes on.

but, in all honesty, i could have heard the figures wrong. after all, i was high when i watched it
    of all the studies i've looked at, that would definitely be the upper end of it. But very modestly speaking, by vaporizing instead of smoking, you are getting well over double the dose of the active ingredient...

Quote Originally Posted by pawnluvguitarist View Post
    of all the studies i've looked at, that would definitely be the upper end of it. But very modestly speaking, by vaporizing instead of smoking, you are getting well over double the dose of the active ingredient...
    i really would like to see these studies. because everything ive looked at shows vaporizers to be comparable and rarely better, let alone double. you dont lose as much due to breezy smoke and what not, but the actual thc you can get out of the same amount of bud is the same or slightly less than when combusted. so maybe your figures are based on the amount of "released" thc...in which case you would get almost all of it, because it doesn't drift away.

see here

however, it's worth it just for the reduction in cannabanoids and other toxins (and the efficiency with not losing smoke) in my opinion.

greenlake

oh who cares. smoke it or don't. if you're worried about inhaling toxins, wear a respirator at all times because the world is a filthy place. weed isn't any healthier than cigarettes, which aren't any healthier than inhaling any other burning dried plant. you're supposed to breathe oxygen. OXYGEN. not weed or tobacco or the interstate you live near or other people's farts but you're going to anyway. weed and cigarettes will damage your body and so will getting hit by a bus when you're 75 and bragging about how you lived a healthy safe life and look at you now and SPLAT OOPS FART YOU'RE DEAD A BUS HIT YOU.

and nobody's allowed to cite medical research they read, or pretend they read, or overheard someone unqualified saying it to win an argument, because this is a fake skateboarding messageboard. if i see you on mayoclinic.com we'll have that discussion.

get back on your dinosaur or I'LL hit you with a bus!

Banned

Legal or illegal, bong or vape, shwag or dank, if its weed I'm smoking it.

They don't call me the fiend for nothing

Obama did recently state that national drug enforcement agencys will no longer raid medical marijuana facilities in states where it's been deemed legal. Which is a step in the right direction, but I kind of doubt that we'll see complete legalization anytime soon.

It is pretty easy around where I live in Northern Cal to find the right doctor, tell him you have stress or anxiety problems and get a prescription.

As far as health issues, I'm with Greenlake. Everything is a little bad for you. Everything. High fructose corn syrup, caffeine, sugar etc. Weed, like most things, should be enjoyed in moderation. The modern world demands that you shut off some of your senses at all times to complete a goal (driving, working etc.). Marijuana is a good way to relax and enjoy all of them.

Except, I've found I can't play Skate while high very well. So many unintentional varial flips it's scary.

Blazing a Trail SeksulChokolate's Avatar
    PSN
    Weird_JamJar
    XBL
    SeksulChokolate

^^i agree about everything you said except the varial flips haha

but i don't think that when you smoke you feel like shit for the rest of the day...it lasts for a little bit then its over and your back to norm

i dont think it should be done on a day to day basis or if interfering with how you live your life but if you just do it with your friends for fun or just do it to chill out a bit im completely fine with that

....im actually pretty good at skate while high haha
    ....also dirty at basketball

Quote Originally Posted by ChvyVele View Post
    Well that's just not true. I'm pretty sure it's been proven that weed actually messes your lungs/throat up faster then cigarettes do, the only difference is that people smoke way more cigarettes then they do, say, joints. So, you're doing it less so it's not effecting you as fast. Unless you're smoking out of a vaporizer, if you smoke weed as much as the average smoker smokes cigarettes, you're lungs would be pretty messed up.

I'm not against legalization by the way, just saying.

if you read http://www.jackherer.com/chapter01.html that

history of cannabis hemp you'l find the word about marijuana and its risk and causes, what happens to your lungs when smoked,eaten, vapourized etc..... honestly it does seem farfetch'd
    but also seems like another reasonable conspiracy to be kept hidden

and what strab said MODERATION
    Last edited by saunders420; 05-16-2009 at 02:54 PM.

G Ryin

i dunno about you guys, but i just worked a double and its time to enjoy some (il)legal weed.

I played Skate high again the other day and found I'm much better. I think I was just demolished the last time I played because I hadn't smoked in like 8-9 months because I was moving and had to look for a job.

Weird story about that. I hadn't smoked in a long ass time and didn't really plan on it. Then one day I got weed cravings but didn't know where to get any because I'd just moved. I went to see a friends band play that night and some dude walks up to me out of nowhere and says "You smoke?". I say yes and he hands me two big nugs of good weed. Then, I walked out of the bar and for whatever reason there was a smoke shop open across the street at 12:30 am. Bought a piece and went home. Then the next day my girlfriend comes home and says "Look what I found walking home". It was a dime bag of weed. It was a lucky couple of days.