Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SKATE 3 COMING TO BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY (XB1)

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

Default SKATE 3 COMING TO BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY (XB1)

Prepare for new Roc videos. I have been waiting for this. I hope its december but this basically confirms skate 3 will be backwards compat.

At the bottom of the site announcing the 104 titles that will launch with BC was a blurb that read as follows:

Our launch of 104 titles on Nov. 12 is just the beginning. You can expect new Xbox One Backward Compatible games to be announced on a regular basis, starting in December. More titles are on the way, including fan favorites like Halo Reach, Halo Wars, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Bioshock, Bioshock 2, Bioshock Infinite and Skate 3. Stay tuned because this just the beginning of a long list of Xbox 360 games that will run on Xbox One.
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

Indeed it will. I would say Dec/jan would be a good time to drop it.
    My question is how good is this emulator on the XB1 as i have seen some games under perform/frame rates are worst.

But hey i don't own a XB1.. Is the PS4 getting nothing then?
    Just give me windows 10 with Skate 3 and ill be happy enough!
    Ask me Anything, I live in the Future. Just don't ask me about the Rhinoceros!!!

"The most dangerous creature on the face of the Earth, is an educated idiot."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaaG00n

Games i play BC back in early builds of NXOE were solid. Not sure what you saw, but then again this whole dash has come a long way in just the past month lol
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

So happy but will anything change?

you will want to move you 360 save to cloud storage if you still have access to your 360.

http://kotaku.com/how-to-transfer-xb...one-1722241280
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

Will these games have online? Because there's no point in bringing back games like black ops if it's just the campaign and local nazi zombies lol.
    I would probably get an xbox one if games like Cod4 and Rainbow Six had online multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Roflcopter View Post
    Will these games have online? Because there's no point in bringing back games like black ops if it's just the campaign and local nazi zombies lol.
    I would probably get an xbox one if games like Cod4 and Rainbow Six had online multiplayer.
    If the game still supports online on 360 it will support it on one. The new dashboard has an emulator built in as far as live servers are concerned you will be playing skate 3 on a 360
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

XBL
    TheDietTea

So long as Skate 3 is popular its servers should stay up. Skate 2 could be near its end for online judging by how EA handles servers. PlayStation still needs back compat, sucks for those guys. Still some benefits even if Skate 3 goes down but my guess is its lifespan will be lengenthed by the Xbox one. So, good news! One more reason to consider the purchase. Soon.

Interesting. I hope backwards compatibility comes to Bloodborne machines soon so I can have more than one game to play.

I only seen two games, but mass effect could be down to poor code..
    This all could be good now as i said i don't own a xb1 so what do i know!
    Ask me Anything, I live in the Future. Just don't ask me about the Rhinoceros!!!

"The most dangerous creature on the face of the Earth, is an educated idiot."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaaG00n

Steam
    Muhzy
    XBL
    Im Felly

Will be playing S3 alot when it comes out on Xbone! Sold my cap card... But with the Win10 Xbox App you can stream it, so hope that will work, and if so I'm in for some new vids!

Currently working on something!...

Blazing a Trail
    Steam
    Eastcoastskateboard1
    PSN
    anderson347
    XBL
    CoastSkates

the xb1 backwards compatibility seems to be a bit laggy in some spots. I was playing fable the other day and it seemed a bit slowed down for me maybe because of some lag. I hope skate 3 won't be all laggy and such and hopefully it'll be similar to playing with the original xbox 360 controller.
    L8 Media

Team Avid

XBL
    SKATAN 81

did you playd online ? you have lag too when you play by your self ? ... i think the controlles wil not be that good because the x1 controller is digital only .. so you can only push 100% when you hit the button .. if you remember on the 360 controller when you push the button soft you have a soft push .. ... the other stupid thing is when you have the game on physical disc you have always to put the disc in to play the emulated download version .. fucking hate that .. and now its to late to buy the digi version of skate because the price is back to 20Bucks ..

Quote Originally Posted by DaaGooN View Post
    I only seen two games, but mass effect could be down to poor code..
    This all could be good now as i said i don't own a xb1 so what do i know!
    I'm surprised they were even able to port Mass Effect because that game is such a buggy shitfest to begin with lol.

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Steam
    TheIronz
    XBL
    TheIronz

I got the Rare Replay which has some BC's in it, The games dont lag at all until someone signgs in and it wants to show you the notification, in my experiance anyways...

I guess its the whole, this dude signed in, but on a physical 360, and now it needs to figure it out for XBOX One to then convert it and show you the 360 pop-up.

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Steam
    TheIronz
    XBL
    TheIronz

BIG NOTE!

If you want to grab the Digi version of Skate 3, so you wont need the disc once BC comes around, all 3 skates have just gone on sale on the storefront.

I think 3 is £7... around $10 I think...

Minglin'

Any news on a date for this?

hmmmm apparently it was an "accident" but some people received this email.

Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

XBL
    SKATAN 81

[QUOTE=Roccityroller;177646]hmmmm apparently it was an "accident" but some people received this email.

can you please stop bumping this thread with 3-4 months old news you are so fare behind the news all the time , that i allways think ah yeah its finaly here than i notice you just lookd at the same webside like me but just months later .

its just the official webside there is no accident or leek or super spy shit going on : http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/b...ty?xr=shellnav
    Last edited by HCH Media; 03-18-2016 at 05:53 AM.

XBL
    TheDietTea

who cares hch
    not much to discuss on skate anyway
    as far as I'm concerned this topic is it

Microsoft is still trying to make their entertainment device play games haha.
    I did read that they have to go through every level in a game to make sure it's release ready, if that's true fucking a, could be a while.
    Hopes aren't up anymore, expected it in December.

Quote Originally Posted by Roccityroller View Post

hmm timing is pretty weird. A few hours after that email went out they tweeted this. https://twitter.com/majornelson/stat...09410125594624 maybe those game are almost ready.

[QUOTE=HCH Media;177648]
    Quote Originally Posted by Roccityroller View Post

can you please stop bumping this thread with 3-4 months old news you are so fare behind the news all the time , that i allways think ah yeah its finaly here than i notice you just lookd at the same webside like me but just months later .

its just the official webside there is no accident or leek or super spy shit going on : http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/b...ty?xr=shellnav
    What are you talking about kid? That was an email that was sent out yesterday, March 17th
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

XBL
    TheDietTea

I think it's pretty weak that companies have us watching social media for updates on stuff like this.
    We give them so much money for games and they can't even put up a news section somewhere.

XBL
    Min4gon
    XBL: Min4gon
    Team Name: Min4gon

XBL
    TheDietTea

Lol. I'm getting a cap card. I'm not done here yet.

XBL
    Min4gon
    XBL: Min4gon
    Team Name: Min4gon

I dont understand people. Games that are already next gen sit at the top of the list, who wants to play a game that is last gen, on a new gen console when they have a version of that same game already out for the new console..... YET skate will never be out again(WHY DID I SAY THAT) and it sits at 29th on a list of games to be made.

FUCKING stupidity should be mined. Oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by saunders420 View Post
    I dont understand people. Games that are already next gen sit at the top of the list, who wants to play a game that is last gen, on a new gen console when they have a version of that same game already out for the new console..... YET skate will never be out again(WHY DID I SAY THAT) and it sits at 29th on a list of games to be made.

FUCKING stupidity should be mined. Oh wait.
    i agree to a point. im happy cod 3 got bc because the recent cods are jenky futuristic now. cod 3 is great and there isn't a comparable title available on current gen (there are other historic fps games, but not with the polish of cod, and battlefield 1 is almost out but battlefield and cod are apples and oranges. i love both of em. it's like if there was a last gen thrasher. id want Thrasher AND Skate.).

i think the main point is, Skate isn't as popular to the majority of gamers as the twitter/instagram/internet-in-general would have you believe. i still think only 5-10% of the fools spamming crap everywhere would even buy it. they just like to be involved in a protest (the movie PCU portrayed it perfectly). the bottom line is there are plenty of games on the bc list that will generate more revenue than the skate games.

just realized someone already posted something like this sorry dudes.

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Steam
    TheIronz
    XBL
    TheIronz

Can anyone confirm the "Digital players and Disk players can now play together" statement from the post a few up?

Look Mom! Over 8,000 Chat Posts! blitzkow's Avatar
    XBL
    blitzkow

Quote Originally Posted by TheIronz View Post
    Can anyone confirm the "Digital players and Disk players can now play together" statement from the post a few up?
    I can.

Always Here
    1. blitzkow (6211)
    2. InsideManager (6063)
    3. exoskate89 (2603)
    4. Hobbs (1514)

XBL
    SKATAN 81

Quote Originally Posted by TheIronz View Post
    i have both but the dlc dont works for my downloadversion and its like i never playd the game b4 no progress nuthing ..

Quote Originally Posted by EmmitBrown View Post
    i agree to a point. im happy cod 3 got bc because the recent cods are jenky futuristic now. cod 3 is great and there isn't a comparable title available on current gen (there are other historic fps games, but not with the polish of cod, and battlefield 1 is almost out but battlefield and cod are apples and oranges. i love both of em. it's like if there was a last gen thrasher. id want Thrasher AND Skate.).

i think the main point is, Skate isn't as popular to the majority of gamers as the twitter/instagram/internet-in-general would have you believe. i still think only 5-10% of the fools spamming crap everywhere would even buy it. they just like to be involved in a protest (the movie PCU portrayed it perfectly). the bottom line is there are plenty of games on the bc list that will generate more revenue than the skate games.
    This though, agree to disagree.

Skateboarding is bigger than its ever been, and continues to grow. Sure a small percentage of those asking for it will actually go and buy it, but that small percentage is still getting copies printed, well was lmfao. Iunno bout still. We probably outweigh a group of entitled COD players who play to win. That shit is BALLS deep in ego and straight up jacked, even CS is becoming horrendous. Serious question....who would you want to make a game for if you had everything at your disposal. a group of skaters or COD players. I think a new Skate would amount to a gigantic success, even if they released just a remaster. The niche community, "not just us fluckers" is quite Large. Think of how many skateboarders would spend money on the game, the internet can take a hike. Never knowing what it wants. lol all the games on bc list can eat a dick. bring skate over naow lol./
    Last edited by saunders420; 09-26-2016 at 11:34 AM.

XBL
    SKATAN 81

Quote Originally Posted by saunders420 View Post
    This though, agree to disagree.

Skateboarding is bigger than its ever been, and continues to grow. Sure a small percentage of those asking for it will actually go and buy it, but that small percentage is still getting copies printed, well was lmfao. Iunno bout still. We probably outweigh a group of entitled COD players who play to win. That shit is BALLS deep in ego and straight up jacked, even CS is becoming horrendous. Serious question....who would you want to make a game for if you had everything at your disposal. a group of skaters or COD players. I think a new Skate would amount to a gigantic success, even if they released just a remaster. The niche community, "not just us fluckers" is quite Large. Think of how many skateboarders would spend money on the game, the internet can take a hike. Never knowing what it wants. lol all the games on bc list can eat a dick. bring skate over naow lol./
    :-) soo true

XBL
    Stokenstein

Stoked knows something.....GET HIM. lol ikidikid
    but seriously though on the lowlow if you dontknow now you knowknow. lol

XBL
    TheDietTea

Would you two like to share with the rest of the class?

lol antwan im just buckin around.

Really know nothing. aint nothing to know....just the regular unfortunate unknown./

sameshitdifferentday. #makeeaskateagain
    Last edited by saunders420; 10-31-2016 at 12:16 PM.