Thread: Fallout 4 (try to avoid spoilers)

Default Fallout 4 (try to avoid spoilers)

So a few of us have this game and I was curious about your thoughts on it.

It's my first Fallout and I'm enjoying it so far. I like the app for dropping stuff to scrap and it's useful for seeing the components you'll get when scrapping certain items.

Have you guy come across any cool perks or really useful items/components/recipes?

edit: i went with Ashley Olsen as my name

im on the fence so far.

im not a big fan of first person stuff, will i be able to play this strictly in third person? Is it as open as skyrim, or are you tied to the story all the way? is crafting neccesary to have fun? (i hate that too)

that aside, it looks very good.

crafting plays a big role. it plays a lot like skyrim. a lot of collecting, scrapping and crafting. a lot of exploring, too.

i think you could play the whole thing in 3rd-person
    Last edited by EmmitBrown; 11-11-2015 at 07:37 AM.

Amateur Flucker
    PSN
    Valleyboy420

I'm loving it, there is loads of side quests and you can just explore but doing the 1St few story missions rewards you with some handy equipment which makes it easier when you have to fight large amounts of enemies. Weapon customisation is really good and let's you tweak guns to your play style. You could defo play through the whole game in 3rd person if you wish to.

I love almost everything about the game so far, haven't gotten into the story besides the first thing you discovered because it's the introduction.

They shouldn't have thrown out the skills system though, that was disappointing, normally put my intelligence to 9 and instantly look for the bobble head because it provided the most points you could add to your skills when you leveled up, but that has no purpose in this game. So I just left my intelligence at a 4, the building/crafting mechanic is fucking sweet. I get the feeling one of their DLCs is going to add parts/pieces to this and I'm stoked to see what they add to it, but maybe they won't. Already bought the season pass so I'm getting whatever the hell they put out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

yeah, im gonna grab the season pass. im waiting to grab it until we're closer to a release date for dlc, tho. this game is addictive. im trying to decide which perks i want so i know which skills to upgrade.

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Steam
    TheIronz
    XBL
    TheIronz

It's epic.

ive been farming and selling and just stockpiling ammo. im grabbin all types of ammo but those damn .44 and .50 rounds are scarce

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Steam
    TheIronz
    XBL
    TheIronz

Also, for everyone getting frustrated at the adhesive rarity, ingridients for adhesive can be farmed at your base, allowing for a free flow of adhesive for modding uses.

If anyone wants to know how, lemme know and I will state the things and steps needed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheIronz View Post
    Also, for everyone getting frustrated at the adhesive rarity, ingridients for adhesive can be farmed at your base, allowing for a free flow of adhesive for modding uses.

If anyone wants to know how, lemme know and I will state the things and steps needed.
    Duct tape and Wonderglue are everywhere brah, no shortage here, I need a lot of fucking copper though. Trying to light up your settlements is a bitch.
    Even if you just wanted one light, it would take around 10 copper to do so, generator, pylon, wires, then the light itself.
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !

Chief Alcohol Strategist momadaddy's Avatar
    PSN
    momadaddy
    XBL
    momadaddy

People should use the ps4 or xbone game capture to show what they have built. Mine sucks.

"Your friendship with xi SATORI ix has been broken"

Chief Alcohol Strategist momadaddy's Avatar
    PSN
    momadaddy
    XBL
    momadaddy

if you craft you know this feeling

"Your friendship with xi SATORI ix has been broken"

Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    if you craft you know this feeling
    makes me miss the create a park shit in skate 3 soo much...like bethesda.. y u du dis?? y u kno be smart n make erryting ezy
    IM A BOSS ASS BITCH

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Steam
    TheIronz
    XBL
    TheIronz

I would show what my base looks like, but I have filled my limit of placeable objects, and I only have my perimeter fence, and my fortified entrance!

Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    People should use the ps4 or xbone game capture to show what they have built. Mine sucks.
    I apologize for how big the images are, too lazy to resize them smaller just for this post. This is my Mama Murphy fortune teller shack and the shop area for Sanctuary.

Last edited by NotedDerk; 11-16-2015 at 10:44 PM.

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

I challenged myself to make Hangman's Alley a prosperous settlement

The artist formerly known as Luft

holy crow's feet, luft. that's nasty. i haven't gone too deep with the building yet. i have a couple buildings but they're real basic.

what are everyone's thoughts on bottlecaps? what kind of reserve do you have? im at around 12k but haven't made any "big" purchases except for the apartment in diamond.

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

I love how much harder it is to get caps in this one. I'm around 12k as well, but I've made a few larger purchases (particularly the Atom Cats paintjob and some shipments of steel). I sell all my chems and energy ammo, so it nets me some nice cash. Once I get some major shops running in my settlements things will pick up, too.

all i do is BUY ammo. i see Derk has some stores poppin. i don't have any yet. i need that weapon shop but i need to level up and grab that perk (i want too many different perks).

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Also note that if you have excess water purification, your workshop inventory gets purified water that you can sell

That place looks good poppy, when I discovered that settlement, I didn't even bother yet to make it a decent town. It's such a cramped space and you made it work. I really enjoy how different all the settlement areas are though, you get a lot of variety and just pick your favorite to start off building and move on from there. I had about 12k for caps, but I made those shops you see in my settlement, dropped me to almost nothing. I'm almost back up to 10k though.

Edit: I hope they make an update to we can rename the basic settlers you gain, It would add more personality to your people and you can distinguish them easier. Even though you can change their outfits so it's not that difficult to figure out where the new guys are.
    Last edited by NotedDerk; 11-17-2015 at 09:57 PM.

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    That place looks good poppy, when I discovered that settlement, I didn't even bother yet to make it a decent town. It's such a cramped space and you made it work. I really enjoy how different all the settlement areas are though, you get a lot of variety and just pick your favorite to start off building and move on from there. I had about 12k for caps, but I made those shops you see in my settlement, dropped me to almost nothing. I'm almost back up to 10k though.
    If only we could co-op, haha. I could set up the buildings everywhere then have you roll in to decorate, you got that decoration game on point :P