Thread: Fallout 4 (SPOILERS THREAD)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Cait was fun, but her companion quest felt a little too "forced emotion" for me.

I like Deacon a hell of a lot, dude's funny
    The artist formerly known as Luft

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Steam
    TheIronz
    XBL
    TheIronz

In regards to the Magazines, I have also found Patio Furniture, Picket Fences, and an Advanced Light.

Also, similar to what you said about building, I hoard meat until I have a large amount, Sleep for an hour, then blast through your cooking. I managed to raise from Level 18 to 19 just by cooking.
    Last edited by TheIronz; 11-17-2015 at 10:22 PM.

im deep into the water purification. i have 4 of the small purifiers and 6 of the industrial size. i dont even really harvest much anymore. i spend water on ammo.

edit: how long do fusion cores last? is their length based on movement or elapsed time? i have 10 at the moment
    Last edited by EmmitBrown; 11-18-2015 at 01:41 PM.

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by EmmitBrown View Post
    im deep into the water purification. i have 4 of the small purifiers and 6 of the industrial size. i dont even really harvest much anymore. i spend water on ammo.

edit: how long do fusion cores last? is their length based on movement or elapsed time? i have 10 at the moment
    Fusion cores burn faster if you do things like sprinting etc, it's straight up fuel. If you're just walking it burns slow, but if you're sprinting everywhere and using jetpacks they can burn out faster
    The artist formerly known as Luft

cool. im starting to stock them. i have like 22 or so right now.

okay, after a fuckin eternity of installtime i finally got to play it yesterday. and i have tons of questions haha, (sorry for noobing):

- is it possible to power up the nuclear cells used to power the armour suits? it ran out and i had to step out of it in the middle of the forest. id like to go get it and power it up again lol)

- what happens if my dog dies? do i have to keep it alive?

- how do i get other companions?

- will drawers etc in my safehouse store unlimited of junk?

- do i have to do the tasks presented or can i still progress my dude otherwise?

- will i be able to ride cars/planes or similar?

- if i wear raider etc clothing, will i be attacked by otherwise friendly people?

- how scarce is ammunition?

ill add more when i remember
    Last edited by bohemian; 11-19-2015 at 12:38 AM.

- is it possible to power up the nuclear cells used to power the armour suits? it ran out and i had to step out of it in the middle of the forest. id like to go get it and power it up again lol)

As far as I am aware, there is no way to charge the fusion cores, you'll have to explore or purchase another one.
    You usually almost always find one when you explore the inside of a building, whether it's in a machine or on an enemy already.

- what happens if my dog dies? do i have to keep it alive?

Dogmeat cannot die, period, he can be injured, but even then, he recovers when you killed all nearby enemies. Do not waste your stimpacks picking him up.

- how do i get other companions?

You'll come across them as you play, doing quests for certain people, or just going into certain places. (I got Cait just from killing some raiders in a building and talking to a guy.)

- will drawers etc in my safehouse store unlimited of junk?

Yes, pack that shit in as much as you feel like, it's unrealistic, of course, but it's better then having limited space.

- do i have to do the tasks presented or can i still progress my dude otherwise?

If you're referring to story progression then yes, but if you mean just your character. You can level up from lots of things, discovering new places, enemies, building, crafting, persuading people.

- will i be able to ride cars/planes or similar?

There are no vehicles, you got your two legs and the ability to fast travel anywhere once you discover it, that's it.

- if i wear raider etc clothing, will i be attacked by otherwise friendly people?

In previous Bethesda games, npcs would make comments about what you wear, but it wouldn't cause certain people to become hostile or non-hostile because of your outfit. Some quests would change this factor however, but I have yet to see one of those types of quests in Fallout 4.

- how scarce is ammunition?

It depends on the ammo you're looking for, I have stacked thousands of .38 rounds for the pipe-type weapons, but they're super weak, so I don't bother with them. Explosives are definitely your friend in this game, Molotovs, grenades, mines will help you a lot in the long run. It's not absolutely scarce, but it does take effort to build it up. I have a nice 10mm legendary weapon and constantly fluctuate between 100-600 rounds. I'll end up just buying all the rounds a shop has to build it back up.

Hope that helps man, feel free to ask anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck