- is it possible to power up the nuclear cells used to power the armour suits? it ran out and i had to step out of it in the middle of the forest. id like to go get it and power it up again lol)

As far as I am aware, there is no way to charge the fusion cores, you'll have to explore or purchase another one.
You usually almost always find one when you explore the inside of a building, whether it's in a machine or on an enemy already.

- what happens if my dog dies? do i have to keep it alive?

Dogmeat cannot die, period, he can be injured, but even then, he recovers when you killed all nearby enemies. Do not waste your stimpacks picking him up.

- how do i get other companions?

You'll come across them as you play, doing quests for certain people, or just going into certain places. (I got Cait just from killing some raiders in a building and talking to a guy.)

- will drawers etc in my safehouse store unlimited of junk?

Yes, pack that shit in as much as you feel like, it's unrealistic, of course, but it's better then having limited space.

- do i have to do the tasks presented or can i still progress my dude otherwise?

If you're referring to story progression then yes, but if you mean just your character. You can level up from lots of things, discovering new places, enemies, building, crafting, persuading people.

- will i be able to ride cars/planes or similar?

There are no vehicles, you got your two legs and the ability to fast travel anywhere once you discover it, that's it.

- if i wear raider etc clothing, will i be attacked by otherwise friendly people?

In previous Bethesda games, npcs would make comments about what you wear, but it wouldn't cause certain people to become hostile or non-hostile because of your outfit. Some quests would change this factor however, but I have yet to see one of those types of quests in Fallout 4.

- how scarce is ammunition?

It depends on the ammo you're looking for, I have stacked thousands of .38 rounds for the pipe-type weapons, but they're super weak, so I don't bother with them. Explosives are definitely your friend in this game, Molotovs, grenades, mines will help you a lot in the long run. It's not absolutely scarce, but it does take effort to build it up. I have a nice 10mm legendary weapon and constantly fluctuate between 100-600 rounds. I'll end up just buying all the rounds a shop has to build it back up.

Hope that helps man, feel free to ask anything else.