Since Emmit made the non-spoiler thread, just wanted to create this for us all to talk about, that can include spoilers.
Discussing this game with you guys and all you've experienced so far is always fun to read, not to mention you can add tips for others as well.

Discussion

What companion have you guys gone with? Or are you just playing it solo? I'm traveling with Cait now, since I wasn't a fan of Piper, even since I saw her in the initial reveal.
Did you find anything really interesting that isn't completely obvious, such as journal entries in random terminals, or certain holotapes by corpses or skeletons?
Give any unique names to your personal weapons? I got a 10mm with explosive rounds that I beefed up and call 'Boomer.'

Tips

- Last time I hopped on, I discovered there are magazines that give you additional pieces for your settlements. The issue I found added potted plants, and there is four in total.

- The 'Lone Wanderer' perk will still work if you have Dogmeat as your companion, it is incredibly useful if you want to have a companion, but also want to utilize this perk.

- Sleeping for an hour before you start building will grant you more xp from the 'Well Rested' bonus.