Thread: WARNING DONT BUY ELGATO HD60

XBL
    SKATAN 81

Default WARNING DONT BUY ELGATO HD60

guys dont buy the elgato HD60fps its totaly not worth it

i tryed it now for the last gen and next gen

skate 3 had a nice HD pic in 1080p 60fps and it was a lil bit more crispy than my old hauppaug BUT totaly not worth it to spend almost 200Bucks for it .. the 720p 60fps lookd worse than my haupaug for what ever reason ...

and now the really big shit part ...the nexdgen

i really dont know how or why but i tryed capturing Battlefront and it LOOKd like total shit i was wondering if the map was new but then i realised it was battle of jakku but with 20% less pixel .. i had all settings on MAX. 1080p 60fps ... it was not just the captured clip ... no the elgato just killd the details and you have to watch this shit while you play ....

a battlefront video is coming later

the elgato is almost on the way back where it came from ... i just capture all clips from my xbox360 b4 i throw it in the postoffice box ... i got time till 1.18.2016 to send it back ;-)
    Last edited by HCH Media; 01-10-2016 at 08:09 AM.

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Steam
    TheIronz
    XBL
    TheIronz

Thats strange, I have never had an issue on any game with my HD60...

I have found it to be the most reliave and good quality card I have ever used. IMO obviously though...

XBL
    TheDietTea

It may not be worth it if you're comparing cap cards but if you're stuck with it HCH, it wouldnt be hard to figure out. Research capture software and video editors compatible with the capture card, then look up how to get the best results with all those things together. Some cap cards even have requirements your PC needs to reach.

XBL
    SKATAN 81

Quote Originally Posted by TheIronz View Post
    Thats strange, I have never had an issue on any game with my HD60...

I have found it to be the most reliave and good quality card I have ever used. IMO obviously though...
    do you use it for nextgen too ?

XBL
    SKATAN 81

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    It may not be worth it if you're comparing cap cards but if you're stuck with it HCH, it wouldnt be hard to figure out. Research capture software and video editors compatible with the capture card, then look up how to get the best results with all those things together. Some cap cards even have requirements your PC needs to reach.
    the graphics downgrade is not acceptable to me . battlefront is the 1st game that really looks like a nextgen but in the moment i put the elgato betwen the xbone and the tv it looks like bf4 or hardline all lines in the fare distance have a glint and look like poop

XBL
    emericaridr11

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    I just cant see this being the case HCH, I mean I know many people with the HD 60 with no problems (and I can assure you they have a weaker comp than you do)... so specs are not the problem (but could be I suppose)

so your saying that when you play with the HD 60 connected to the xbox 360 the quality matches what you would see if the Elgato wasn't connected (on tv)
    but when you play Xbox One you can tell a quality difference with it connected? (worse quality on tv than if you didn't have it connected)

is this the case or do you only notice quality degradation when you export the clips out from your Elgato Program?

are you positive that your Xbox One was set to output in 1080p? is it possibly that it somehow it reverted to 720p and then you still rocked the card in 1080p settings?
    I don't know how the Elgato works, so this might not even be possible

either way sounds like my experience with the newer PVR's and my Computer, shit was TOO BUNK and I took it back the same day... I'm still on my old one, and people still say I have Red Video Quality (but they crazy)
    crazy man, hate to hear it though you were all stoked on it