Thread: Rockstar Editor rookie. Motorcycle part

Yes You Can!

Default Rockstar Editor rookie. Motorcycle part

Well, I'm waiting for the backwards comp for Skate 3.. my Xbox360 broke down, like the 2 others I've owned.
    Anyone else jumping shit in GTA V? Nothing too fancy yet.. Bonking stuff is fun.

Some of the camera work you pulled was awesome, really liked the close up at 1:16, then quick zoom out shot. Wallride up the I on the vinewood sign was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

Yes You Can!

Thanks Derka Derka. Have your tried the Rockstar Editor? It's a bit weird, coming from the EA fluckit editor, but it seems like it can do a lot of fun stuff. The reach of the camera range around the player is a bit short, which really sucks for filming high speed stuff. Beautiful long lens shots have to be cut short. I haven't fully understood the keyframing/parameter curves yet.. seems like there's weird, jerky movements every time I keyframe the Free cam, no matter what setting I choose.

Yes I have, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqMNp46FkaA, and I wish every game had the advanced free cam that skate has. The only way to smooth the markers for rockstar's editor seems to be only having two markers, one to begin the frame and the other where it ends. GTA 4 had the same thing, but I'm still glad it's there vs. not having it at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

Yes You Can!

Sweeet. Haha, your character made a nice transfer from one game to the other! There you are! I feel like blending GTAV "lifestyle" clips with Skate footage is maybe something. Fuck, actually: not a day goes by without me thinking about the absurdity of the Skate series getting shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    Yes I have, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqMNp46FkaA, and I wish every game had the advanced free cam that skate has. The only way to smooth the markers for rockstar's editor seems to be only having two markers, one to begin the frame and the other where it ends. GTA 4 had the same thing, but I'm still glad it's there vs. not having it at all.
    Creating a smooth line so to speak with rockstar editor, you literally have to trick it. (ILL UPDATE THIS POST WITH A VIDEO, I may be speaking gibberish lmfao)

Use 1 marker with the smooth blend. The next marker with no blend. Literally the next frame create another smooth blend. and then no blend once again and so on...for however long you want that shot to go on for. The no blend creates the smooth camera to technically keep moving, so the frame right after needs to be in position of where the camera left off last marker. If that doesnt make sense. let me know lol
    Last edited by saunders420; 01-14-2016 at 10:23 AM.

Yes You Can!

Wowza, Saunders: Straight h4x0r shit!! I'll give it a try!!

Steam
    jesselack

this of kind shit is literally all i do anymore. take the sanchez into the desert and hit some rock formations.. can you use the editor on PC? bought the game legally through steam
    RISE Sorable: why do something in a game you can do in real life

Yes You Can!

Yessir! They added the rockstar editor early 2015, go get it!

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Steam
    TheIronz
    XBL
    TheIronz

I got around 6 BMX clips all filmed as I thought there was talks of a Skate Fluckit GTA Montage. If it doesnt seem like that is gonna happen any time soon, I will "render" the gta movie file and upload it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by noobtard07 View Post
    this of kind shit is literally all i do anymore. take the sanchez into the desert and hit some rock formations.. can you use the editor on PC? bought the game legally through steam
    Yeh yo editor was released with the PC version, day one.

ironz I think that was up in the air. maybe get something going in the future