Thread: what do you like to see in a vid?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Steam
    -T-
    XBL
    diamond bloke

Default what do you like to see in a vid?

I'm curious to know how people come up with the tricks they do in their vids and just how they skate in general.

Personally, i like to see creativity in vids rather than going over board with realism, I do enjoy realistic vids but sometimes i see combos and i think they could do better, I really enjoy it when someone has a unique style such as pawnluv, perm, sickone5 etc. i love how they do huge gaps or just hit something going rapid and still somehow keep it sort of realistic looking if that makes sense, also their choice of music for vids too

i ride a scooter (don't start, i skate too) so i mostly try and imagine a combo i'd probably do rl (or think about doing) and think about how i'd do it on a skateboard, i love doing "body twister" combos and tricks over real high shit, i basically just like to try keep it stylish rather than realistic

How do you play??
    RELΛX X SVPREMΛCY
    D - T - B - C - R - C - J - M - T - F - J
    ig: @yung_turkish
    tumblr: kushman-titan.tumblr.com
    youtube: youtube.com/kushmantitan
    snapchat: murkingherkin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYrmmRNPymQ

XBL
    TheDietTea

I was pretty much the same way. I've come to appreciate the hyper realistic parts now though. It all makes me think and it all takes skill.

I use to feel the same way as you as well, but everyone has their own style. You probably just don't notice because some of them look very copy, paste as the next guy.

Trick selection plays a big role, you'll notice watching a guy doing fifteen big flips down stairs/gaps, and quickly grow tired of it. Balancing a lot of different tricks is the key to making a good part, no matter how much you like doing crooks on ledges.

Execution, this involves speed/pop/landing, I really notice this from the more realistic players now, more then ever. It takes a lot more effort to go the right speed the entire clip, pop your tricks exactly right (not an inch too high over a gap/ledge/rail), and landing relatively straight. Some people just pick one thing over the other in that category, spend more time popping tricks just right, over caring whether or not they land decent.

Filming is another personal touch to someone's style, in fact, it makes all the difference to some people. If your filming sucks, people are going to notice, so a lot of us have a good idea on how to make it look now. The key is to find the best angles, and throw your style into it, so if you do big gaps and go fast, owl cams and long lens are really your only option. More realistic people are inclined to follow real world filming techniques, stopping at the top of stairs if a line ends there, following the skater from a single position. Either way, you can choose to get up close and personal with your camera, or try to never cut off your body during your clips, but lots of people have found amazing ways to make their filming top notch.

Spot selection is the last thing I can think of. If someone's part is just them hitting the same, completely obvious and overdone, rails in the game and nothing else, it will not hold my interest, and I will quickly stop watching it. This requires the most creative thought process in the game, in my mind. I want to go into a video and see a few clips where I am baffled and think 'wow, never thought of hitting that spot, that way.'

That's my two cents on that subject anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

Steam
    i_am_a_snail

Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    Spot selection is the last thing I can think of. If someone's part is just them hitting the same, completely obvious and overdone, rails in the game and nothing else, it will not hold my interest, and I will quickly stop watching it. This requires the most creative thought process in the game, in my mind. I want to go into a video and see a few clips where I am baffled and think 'wow, never thought of hitting that spot, that way.'
    lets collab at the blue rail near kube plaza, never seen anyone hit that before

Quote Originally Posted by i am a snail View Post
    lets collab at the blue rail near kube plaza, never seen anyone hit that before
    Okay, we could easily make a full part there of nbds!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

XBL
    emericaridr11

Crook it