Thread: video test fps test WARNING HEAVY SPOILERS !!!!!!!!

XBL
    SKATAN 81

Default video test fps test WARNING HEAVY SPOILERS !!!!!!!!

hi guy´s

i had really big problems with capturing in the last time and wasted alot of time with capturing corrupted files , now i hookd up my Hauppaug again and made some software updates .. i made 2 video files : one is in 1080 30fps and the other is in 720 60fps
    (this is raw unedited footy )
    would be really cool of you if you would compare it with each other and tell me what you like more .

ps: i call it spoilers because the line will be in vol.9

to be honest im not really happy with both clips this arm ghosting still bothers me , maybe its a result of the glitchy slides i do or it is the pal-50hz

does one of you have experience with capturing in slow speed ( like 50-60% speed ) and speed it up in the editing software ?
    Last edited by HCH Media; 01-20-2016 at 05:51 AM.

XBL
    SKATAN 81

XBL
    SKATAN 81

XBL
    TheDietTea

720 looks like a higher quality but maybe the other is still processing? It will take some tinkering man. I get best results if I capture and render with the same as my TV settings. Sometimes I render up to 1080i but my TV is interlaced. You can see what your TV is in the menus it should tell you its display, I would start there.

XBL
    emericaridr11

as long as your clips don't have that Teething that Interlaced clips get, and doesn't get the split blurry thing after you Deinterlace it then I wouldnt worry about capturing in 1080i.... I do it now too cause the deinterlacing is awesome and I feel like having the 1080 size gives me a tad bit more clarity (but that could honestly be in my head)

you on PC or Mac?

both YT Videos have the same amount of Dropped Frames and both have the same amount of "Connection Speed" (kbps)... my point is they look the same
    difference is that your 60fps isnt really 60 fps so when watching the 720p 60fps version on 720p you can see the choppyness.... but of course this makes sense because your missing frames

when you press left or right while in your editing program (or video player) every time you press left or right it should change frames, and since your isn't true you have to press left or right twice to get the frames to switch
    simply put your missing frames, but I assume that's why you asked your next question

Yes I have tons of experience recording in slow speeds (for many reason, mostly for ramps and 60fps though..... but if your doing ramps then don't stop yourself at 50% go to 10% that way you can ramp the clip to something like 30% without getting ANY choppyness)

for 60 fps videos: (which I do in AE but Im not happy with the quality of AE ProRes Renders and I HATE AE's Animation cause it changes my Gamma.... think I will try it next time in FCP7 and save some quality)
    -get the clip in 100% Speed and one in 50% (at the lowest, like I said if you plan on doing ramps go down to 10%)
    - Speed up the 50% clip to 100%
    - make one clip 40% transparent and match the clips up
    - turn Audio of the 50% clip off

Im sure you know this by now, so if you had another question..... shoot

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Steam
    TheIronz
    XBL
    TheIronz

I need to test the difference it makes in audio quality, but I literally just record in 50% then double it in edit.

Only difference I have noticed without actual testing is the game seems a touch higher pitched... Mainly only noticable (to me anyways) when you hear something like a car horn.

XBL
    SKATAN 81

thanks for all the info

i have a pc ( shity laptop) (1080 size gives me a tad bit more clarity (but that could honestly be in my head)) lol i was saying the same thing to DaG ... i think its a lil bit clear but 720p 60 gives me the feeling that treflips show a lil bit better ( smother rotation ) with more fps .. yea but this could be also only in my head ;-) lol

i decided to go with the 720p 60fps for this time ( just trying out ) maybe the next one is 1080i again

the thing with changeing frames is mindblowing to me wish i had check´d this side yesterday i already captured 2 of my accounts but im trying it now :-) thanks for the great idea

i never did a proper ramp clip i just found shity tutorials with some squeakers that don't really know what they are doing

thanks alot for the help :-)

XBL
    emericaridr11

Quote Originally Posted by HCH Media View Post
    i never did a proper ramp clip i just found shity tutorials with some squeakers that don't really know what they are doing
    I normally don't Link to my Tuts, but since you mentioned it I made a tutorial a while ago to show how I ramp my clips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz0BACVFu8o

XBL
    SKATAN 81

wow thanks alot :-)