Thread: Routers/Modems/Gaming

XBL
    TheDietTea

Default Routers/Modems/Gaming

So I've been having some issues lately, can't play with certain people on the xbox 360.
    According to my router settings the NAT is open and I just recently figured out how to forward all the ports for xbox live.
    I didn't take the time to do that before because I had not really had any issues up to this point.
    So now with the standard ports forwarded for connections and even some additional for specific online games I could find I still can't connect to certain players on the 360.
    The weird part is on the xbox one my connectivity seems to be much better.

I play both consoles on wireless I wasn't expecting top results but definitely didn't expect being unable to play with certain people.
    Like I said, hasn't really been an issue up to this point.
    They often respond telling me that their NAT is also open, so what gives? Routers go bad I hear?

What kind of setups do you guys have, does it make a huge difference?

Wouldn't mind hearing from the PC guys either, it seems pretty similar but if it isn't let me know haha.

XBL
    emericaridr11

I have the same problem, this is what I do to fix it (not sure it will work for you but worth a try)
    I have a ZyXEL PK5000Z - CenturyLink Router

I do this:
    - disable UPnP
    - enable NAT
    - enable UPnP
    - disable NAT
    - Enable NAT

I dont exactly remember the order but I just turn both of these settings on and off until shit starts working (NAT Open at that point).... but give it a try, try your own mixtures of off and on

I know it sounds stupid and it don't sound like I know what Im talking about, cause I dont.... I just know what works for me

it never made sense to me either, just turning these 2 options on and off seemed to solve my connection problems many times in the past

XBL
    TheDietTea

Yeah, I guess I could try that nothing else to try at this point.
    I think it might just be the router though I didn't want to admit it.. ahh.
    This is getting expensive. Fun though, still fun.