Thread: "Almost every comment on EA's Instagram is "Skate 4""

PSN
    SolidMojo

Default "Almost every comment on EA's Instagram is "Skate 4""

Fun read at Eurogamer, http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ram-is-skate-4

Personally I wouldn't mind a new Skate game but I'm not holding my breath. And considering their choice of videos I registered and dropped a link to fluckit in their comments section.
    The taste of metal, Disintegrator.

i wish the market for skating games was large enough for them to have some competition. as it stands, tony hawk has no competition in the arcade style skating and skate had none in the realistic style skating. for tony hawk it meant they could release broken half-ass games and people would buy them anyway. for skate it meant that ea could treat the customers like shit regarding servers, etc. because their revenue wasnt high enough for them to give a shit when they have plenty of other franchise make them a lot more money for less output. i wish blackbox was giving thps money and time, but not enough people like games you have to learn how to play...that's how konami can treat kojima like shit while they go make bullshit mobile games.

ill hope for the best tho, mojo

this is a good push

they surely must see this

go spam them

I'd like to know how this trend got started, maybe just a few guys started doing it and it just built up to what it is now, haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

Awful Awfuls!

After seeing the article, I‘m torn. It’s nice to know there’s plenty of people who want to see another version of Skate, even though I’m not holding my breath like others around here. However, looking at the photos in the article, it reminds me of all the people who go to YouTube to leave a comment about GTA on a video of a song found in GTA. Other than this article, I don’t think I have seen that before for this game, which leads to my skepticism.

On one hand, the comments about Skate 4 could be coming from people who love the game and legitimately want it to happen, be it they play it realistically or are in it for the challenges and moving the story along, if there is one.
    On the other hand, some of these comments could be coming from people who are fans of Rise Skating, who have talked about Skate 4 ad nauseum when they’re not making tricklining, realistic or recruitment videos.

PewDiePie and Jelly come to mind too, but Rise really sticks out. It’s hard to believe someone is a fan of Skate if they’re listening to certain people who shall remain nameless.

XBL
    TheDietTea

I don't care who is spamming them if it means a new game. So long as the old team is put back on it I wouldnt have a doubt I'd find a way to use it for many years. However I am speaking Theoretically of course.

OMFG just imagine all of our faces if ea said skate 4 would be coming. Lets just hope they finally listen to us.

if they announced skate 4 at e3 i would probably shed a tear.

Quote Originally Posted by Roflcopter View Post
    if they announced skate 4 at e3 i would probably shed a tear.
    we all would

XBL
    Stokenstein

I just hope they bring some of the old team back if they're willing to come back. Their input and ability to get involved with the community would be invaluable.

Quote Originally Posted by Stokenstein View Post
    I just hope they bring some of the old team back if they're willing to come back. Their input and ability to get involved with the community would be invaluable.
    very true

PSN
    liltemp666

Quote Originally Posted by Stokenstein View Post
    Without Black Box i have feeling we'll get more of a Tony Hawk game then our beloved series.

this is still happening. go spam them: https://www.instagram.com/ea/

Quote Originally Posted by TrashBoy View Post
    Without Black Box i have feeling we'll get more of a Tony Hawk game then our beloved series.
    exactly. thats why this spam bullshit doesn't even have me excited in the least. where were all these spammers when the skate games were being made? if they had better sales numbers they wouldnt have fired blackbox and we might have a skate 5 on ps4 and x1 right now. everybody on the Internet wants to pretend theyre all about skate just because its gone, when they probably never even played any of them.

edit: the ONLY way id even want skate 4 is if blackbox made it

XBL
    TheDietTea

I really did like what blackbox was doing and even when the game was completely unrealistic it still fed my need to skate.
    Part of me does wonder what might've happened if someone else was driving though.
    The blackbox team doesn't have any members as of now and before then it had less than when it was first put together.
    A new team sounds the most likely to me if the series were to ever make a comeback.
    Seeing how it's on EA and well, I could be wrong but don't picture them buddying up with who they already put out of jobs.
    Last edited by Antwan; 02-12-2016 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    Seeing how it's on EA and well, I could be wrong but don't picture them buddying up with who they already put out of jobs.
    no shit. that's why fuck ea. if they DO put out a skate 4 (which i think is less likely than a new Thrasher coming out) it will be aimed at the tony hawk market because realistic skating games don't sell well enough to put money and resources into. why would they bother when they can churn out another game with easy controls that people already know how to play and a game framework that's based on the standard accruing of points? people need to be rewarded with something and pulling off nice tricks doesn't satisfy that need for most people, and the harder it is to earn retarded amounts of points, through an exploitable game mechanic or just a formulaic strategy of play, the less people like the game.

XBL
    TheDietTea

I mean, anyone know the numbers for sales on tony hawk anyway?
    I didn't think it did well as it had some people who bought it saying how bad it was.

I just can't imagine skate coming back and me hating it..
    It would take some pretty hard work to ruin what blackbox already laid down.
    Awesome control scheme, Difficulties to play with, props, park editor, custom graphics.
    If it comes back make them build on that. I wouldn't care what the city was like if it meant something even close to a skate 4 ya know?

Interested in theories though..
    If a new team took on skate, where would they go?
    What would blackbox have done next?
    I can't answer for either without making assumptions.

oh and, speaking of EA sports, I don't know if you guys have seen NBA Live but it plays pretty realistically.
    Golf is pretty realistic too, I don't know why you assumed they would create a tony hawk game when tony hawk ain't doin shit.
    Hell I remember Cuz saying They were tasked with making a Tony Hawk Killer. So it would need to be better than it.
    Last edited by Antwan; 02-13-2016 at 05:01 PM.

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

I mean, anyone know the numbers for sales on tony hawk anyway?
    I didn't think it did well as it had some people who bought it saying how bad it was.

I just can't imagine skate coming back and me hating it..
    It would take some pretty hard work to ruin what blackbox already laid down.
    Awesome control scheme, Difficulties to play with, props, park editor, custom graphics.
    If it comes back make them build on that. I wouldn't care what the city was like if it meant something even close to a skate 4 ya know?

Interested in theories though..
    If a new team took on skate, where would they go?
    What would blackbox have done next?
    I can't answer for either without making assumptions.

oh and, speaking of EA sports, I don't know if you guys have seen NBA Live but it plays pretty realistically.
    Golf is pretty realistic too, I don't know why you assumed they would create a tony hawk game when tony hawk ain't doin shit.
    Hell I remember Cuz saying They were tasked with making a Tony Hawk Killer. So it would need to be better than it.
    Sorry bud, but NBA Live is pretty trash. You can score every rush by just walking into the paint. There's a reason 2K is focusing so much on NBA, they're actually stomping EA on a sports game. Live just looks visually better because EA's budget is absolutely unreal.

The last couple PGA games were some of the worst in *years* for EA, too.

That being said, there's no denying that if it weren't for Hardcore mode, Skate 3 would be indisputably more arcadey bullshit (hell, look at how stupid the map is half the time), and I fear if they tried to push the franchise further it'd just go off the deep end on that route.
    Last edited by PoppySquidJr; 02-14-2016 at 09:03 PM.
    The artist formerly known as Luft

XBL
    TheDietTea

Anyone can score easily if they know the game, 2K is just as easy to manipulate.. but now that I think about it again, why even assume EA Sports would take it on and not another team like Blackbox?
    I guess EA Sports could try to make it more official, in turn making it into something way less about skateboarding. What I picture is something along the lines of an X Games Skateboarding Game.
    Just thinking that because I don't know if I've ever seen EA Sports take on "unofficial" sports.
    Part of me wonders if that's why Blackbox was even put on in the first place..
    Oh, so it's got some X Games elements to it? Okay, that's a real competitive sport, lets try it.

Anyone can score easily if they know the game, 2K is just as easy to manipulate.. but now that I think about it again, why even assume EA Sports would take it on and not another team like Blackbox?
    I guess EA Sports could try to make it more official, in turn making it into something way less about skateboarding. What I picture is something along the lines of an X Games Skateboarding Game.
    Just thinking that because I don't know if I've ever seen EA Sports take on "unofficial" sports.
    Part of me wonders if that's why Blackbox was even put on in the first place..
    Oh, so it's got some X Games elements to it? Okay, that's a real competitive sport, lets try it.
    because teams like Blackbox are rare. what do you think the chances are of EA having a game development team just lying around that also happens to have a deep passion for skating and would put their hearts in it because they love it? probably the same chance that kanye has of making a decent game, lol. ain't gonna happen. we lucked out with the 3 skate games. we're extremely lucky we even got the third. EA doesn't care about niche market products so they won't make sure it gets handled by the proper folks. they'll just throw whatever team in their roster ain't busy on it and it'll be like robomodo taking over thps. distasteful and disrespectful to the beautiful games blackbox gave us. it's better it doesn't happen.
    Last edited by EmmitBrown; 02-15-2016 at 08:50 AM.

Seeing the Light
    Steam
    joemartian

All we can do is hope for the best I suppose. It's EA's call at this point, their community has already played their part making this out cry.

Quote Originally Posted by EmmitBrown View Post
    because teams like Blackbox are rare. what do you think the chances are of EA having a game development team just lying around that also happens to have a deep passion for skating and would put their hearts in it because they love it? probably the same chance that kanye has of making a decent game, lol. ain't gonna happen. we lucked out with the 3 skate games. we're extremely lucky we even got the third. EA doesn't care about niche market products so they won't make sure it gets handled by the proper folks. they'll just throw whatever team in their roster ain't busy on it and it'll be like robomodo taking over thps. distasteful and disrespectful to the beautiful games blackbox gave us. it's better it doesn't happen.

Stop making Black Box the almighty, unreplaceable crew you make it out to have been. Alright, i agree they did a great job, but it was not perfect. the key feature from the Skate series is the flick-it controls. Im not sure if this originated at Black Box or somewhere else, but its clear that was what made the games what they was. The games/challenges ingame, and the city, and the people in game, everything is pretty mediocre. we only love it because of the flick it controls, and the fact that there have never been anything to compare it to. im sure other devs could make just as good games as the skate series, as the gameplay with flickit is what you make it. doesnt matter if the games are based around Hall of meat or stringing up points or whatever. if you want to play it your way, go ahead. all we need is a new city, and some flickit gameplay. Black box is def not needed for that.

XBL
    SKATAN 81

Quote Originally Posted by EmmitBrown View Post
    exactly. thats why this spam bullshit doesn't even have me excited in the least. where were all these spammers when the skate games were being made? if they had better sales numbers they wouldnt have fired blackbox and we might have a skate 5 on ps4 and x1 right now. everybody on the Internet wants to pretend theyre all about skate just because its gone, when they probably never even played any of them.

edit: the ONLY way id even want skate 4 is if blackbox made it
    exactly this !!!! most of the skate community still refuses to buy the dlc even today . people act like ea skate is a bigger cash cow than call of duty , but skate 3 sold really poorly at his prime . and most of the kids who want skate 4 now is because of the LAME lets play hype and mainly want to play hall of meat .. but i would say blackbox is not the only company who is able to make a proper skate game . but it would take years for them to get to the point where blackbox stoped ..

XBL
    emericaridr11

Quote Originally Posted by bohemian View Post
    Stop making Black Box the almighty, unreplaceable crew you make it out to have been. Alright, i agree they did a great job, but it was not perfect. the key feature from the Skate series is the flick-it controls. Im not sure if this originated at Black Box or somewhere else, but its clear that was what made the games what they was. The games/challenges ingame, and the city, and the people in game, everything is pretty mediocre. we only love it because of the flick it controls, and the fact that there have never been anything to compare it to. im sure other devs could make just as good games as the skate series, as the gameplay with flickit is what you make it. doesnt matter if the games are based around Hall of meat or stringing up points or whatever. if you want to play it your way, go ahead. all we need is a new city, and some flickit gameplay. Black box is def not needed for that.
    where is the Like Button?

XBL
    Stokenstein

https://www.instagram.com/ea/

It's been months and still every comment is asking for Skate 4.

XBL
    TheDietTea

It was cool at first but now it just seems ignorant.
    People got into Skate a few years late with Skate 3.. and then some, a while after it was already out.
    Blackbox wouldn't be back in the studio, pretty sure some of them left because this was coming.
    Instability is never good for a job.. point being, people on the bandwagon now want a sequel to Skate 3.
    Not OG, likely not even Skate 2. Skate 3, where the series fell off the map.

I like how the comment spam has only gotten stronger since this article was posted. While I doubt it will accomplish anything, it makes me chuckle.
    I got that Fluckin' Love

Banned

It was cool at first but now it just seems ignorant.
    People got into Skate a few years late with Skate 3.. and then some, a while after it was already out.
    Blackbox wouldn't be back in the studio, pretty sure some of them left because this was coming.
    Instability is never good for a job.. point being, people on the bandwagon now want a sequel to Skate 3.
    Not OG, likely not even Skate 2. Skate 3, where the series fell off the map.
    who gives a shit why, give them a full fledged tony hawk hall of meat mode for all I care, if it brings us a skate 4 that plays like skate 3 hardcore I will be happy... The series never fell off the map either, 3 platinum hits are not falling off the maps... Studios die all the time doesn't mean it cause skate 3 wasnt a success (it clearly was)

i don't think Skate ever "fell off the map." i love 3 just as much as 1 and 2. if people bought the first three skate.s like they claim to want 4, though, then ea wouldn't have shut blackbox down. it never sold enough to warrant ea giving a shit if it was made well. blackbox gave a shit. it wasn't worth EA's time as a business investment. the hardcore aspect didn't generate many mainstream sales. hardcore was a nice little addition they threw in for the niche section of rabid fans. id be surprised if hardcore ended up in S4. ea isn't the type of company that wants to makes good games unless a large number of people will want to buy it, and a game like skate will never be that type of game. skate 3 sold 253,000 units (and that's including BOTH platforms), before it was reprinted. i don't know how many the reprint sold. whereas madden 10 sold 3.9 million in its first quarter. essentially, ea doesn't make indie games and i don't see them giving a shit about whether the game is good or not. i think a lot more of skate 4 would be stuff we don't like, and stuff that wasn't part of the first 3, than the stuff we love about the games. does a waiter/waitress keep checking the tables of people that only tip 3% every other time they've been to the restaurant, or do they put more of their time towards the people that have tipped them 25% in the past?

EA didnt even give the franchise a chance. More of a money grab to fund other projects.

So many properties EA had dealt with at that time. kinda insane to think of. Compared to what they do now. LOL like the Miss universe game. never happened due to being cancelled. LIKE WTF EA. lol seriously though. Back around 2007 - 2009 the amount of shit EA was putting out would explain the reason why Skate got the short end of the stick. they be stupid. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...nic_Arts_games The amount of publishing around that time is horrendous. just straight junk, I could only imagine the money floating around.
    Last edited by saunders420; 04-05-2016 at 06:58 AM.

XBL
    TheDietTea

My understanding was that Skate was making less money come skate 2 and Skate 3 was the effort to get more no pun intended fans on board. As you mentioned sales, fans, same thing. In the midst of that, people left the studio which I would assume influenced decisions on tiny things, maybe resulting in a direction shift for the final result.
    I assume that though, I wasn't behind the scenes like some of the other guys here.
    I've just taken what I've gathered from people and articles really.
    Who or where from is a blur now haha..

I know Skate 3 is what's in demand, but it seems ignorant to me as a long time fan of the series. A Majority of us know what it's capable of and keep dreaming of that possibility. I was actually agreeing with a past post.. That skate 4 wouldn't be what we're wanting, rather, a skate 3 extension. So yeah, I'm on the same page haha.
    Last edited by Antwan; 04-05-2016 at 01:53 PM. Reason: me no speakeh da english good

We did it you guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck