Thread: "Almost every comment on EA's Instagram is "Skate 4""

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    XBL
    Stokenstein

https://www.instagram.com/ea/

It's been months and still every comment is asking for Skate 4.

XBL
    TheDietTea

It was cool at first but now it just seems ignorant.
    People got into Skate a few years late with Skate 3.. and then some, a while after it was already out.
    Blackbox wouldn't be back in the studio, pretty sure some of them left because this was coming.
    Instability is never good for a job.. point being, people on the bandwagon now want a sequel to Skate 3.
    Not OG, likely not even Skate 2. Skate 3, where the series fell off the map.

I like how the comment spam has only gotten stronger since this article was posted. While I doubt it will accomplish anything, it makes me chuckle.
    I got that Fluckin' Love

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    It was cool at first but now it just seems ignorant.
    People got into Skate a few years late with Skate 3.. and then some, a while after it was already out.
    Blackbox wouldn't be back in the studio, pretty sure some of them left because this was coming.
    Instability is never good for a job.. point being, people on the bandwagon now want a sequel to Skate 3.
    Not OG, likely not even Skate 2. Skate 3, where the series fell off the map.
    who gives a shit why, give them a full fledged tony hawk hall of meat mode for all I care, if it brings us a skate 4 that plays like skate 3 hardcore I will be happy... The series never fell off the map either, 3 platinum hits are not falling off the maps... Studios die all the time doesn't mean it cause skate 3 wasnt a success (it clearly was)

i don't think Skate ever "fell off the map." i love 3 just as much as 1 and 2. if people bought the first three skate.s like they claim to want 4, though, then ea wouldn't have shut blackbox down. it never sold enough to warrant ea giving a shit if it was made well. blackbox gave a shit. it wasn't worth EA's time as a business investment. the hardcore aspect didn't generate many mainstream sales. hardcore was a nice little addition they threw in for the niche section of rabid fans. id be surprised if hardcore ended up in S4. ea isn't the type of company that wants to makes good games unless a large number of people will want to buy it, and a game like skate will never be that type of game. skate 3 sold 253,000 units (and that's including BOTH platforms), before it was reprinted. i don't know how many the reprint sold. whereas madden 10 sold 3.9 million in its first quarter. essentially, ea doesn't make indie games and i don't see them giving a shit about whether the game is good or not. i think a lot more of skate 4 would be stuff we don't like, and stuff that wasn't part of the first 3, than the stuff we love about the games. does a waiter/waitress keep checking the tables of people that only tip 3% every other time they've been to the restaurant, or do they put more of their time towards the people that have tipped them 25% in the past?

EA didnt even give the franchise a chance. More of a money grab to fund other projects.

So many properties EA had dealt with at that time. kinda insane to think of. Compared to what they do now. LOL like the Miss universe game. never happened due to being cancelled. LIKE WTF EA. lol seriously though. Back around 2007 - 2009 the amount of shit EA was putting out would explain the reason why Skate got the short end of the stick. they be stupid. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...nic_Arts_games The amount of publishing around that time is horrendous. just straight junk, I could only imagine the money floating around.
    Last edited by saunders420; 04-05-2016 at 06:58 AM.

XBL
    TheDietTea

My understanding was that Skate was making less money come skate 2 and Skate 3 was the effort to get more no pun intended fans on board. As you mentioned sales, fans, same thing. In the midst of that, people left the studio which I would assume influenced decisions on tiny things, maybe resulting in a direction shift for the final result.
    I assume that though, I wasn't behind the scenes like some of the other guys here.
    I've just taken what I've gathered from people and articles really.
    Who or where from is a blur now haha..

I know Skate 3 is what's in demand, but it seems ignorant to me as a long time fan of the series. A Majority of us know what it's capable of and keep dreaming of that possibility. I was actually agreeing with a past post.. That skate 4 wouldn't be what we're wanting, rather, a skate 3 extension. So yeah, I'm on the same page haha.
    Last edited by Antwan; 04-05-2016 at 01:53 PM. Reason: me no speakeh da english good

We did it you guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck