Thread: The Lyon 25 set WIP thread

Steam
    wrayayrton

Default The Lyon 25 set WIP thread

Ive assembled a collection of reference photos as im assuming everyones gonna wanna make this place a park in skate 3 if they havent already. I'm making it into a 3d scene and then gonna make some animations there

Last edited by wrayayrton; 02-12-2016 at 03:41 PM.

Steam
    wrayayrton

would really help for someone to find this on google maps

Steam
    wrayayrton

at this point just basic geometry laid out but im skeeted as shit so more will probably come tonight. Once I get the general texture layout on this right I'll go back in and fine detail it up and then I'm gonna animate some steezy tricks.

Steam
    wrayayrton

last one for the night. got it basically textured. tomorrow I will do details and ivy and stuff. then probably a little break, then I'll animate it.

Steam
    wrayayrton

it's slowly coming together...
    not a flawless recreation but I think once it's done it'll be pretty obvious where it is to skaters. I found it on google maps and made sure it's "actual size" in the area that's meant to be skated on. the background will use some "forced perspective" but I'm happy with my progress today nonetheless

Steam
    wrayayrton

added more entrances and windows. whats left is the main tree, the ivy, the benches/garbage cans, the background trees, and the background buildings and their textures. I have work tomorrow so I'm not sure if there will be anymore progress till tuesday

dude, your fast and do great work! props for this, hope to be able to play your game in the future =)

nasty. loving everything you're doing. i really hope we get to play this eventually

edit: since you're using the student version im guessing that means the game won't be for sale. if everything turns out nice are you planning on getting a licensed copy, or using blender or anything? from what i understand the models made in a student version can't be opened in a licensed version as they'll always have the student version "non-commercial use only" watermark on them (which is asinine on autodesks part).
    Last edited by EmmitBrown; 02-15-2016 at 09:20 AM.

Steam
    wrayayrton

bahahahahah maybe?

Actually i've made a modestly sizeable sum of money with 3ds max already, and there is no watermark on exports if you use different exporters than the default one. 3DS Max is 1500$ so I'll just keep right on doing what I'm doing and once I've made enough to not worry about if the bills are going to be paid or not then I'll buy a license. Usually studios have many licenses for their desired 3d suite on machines in house. I'm just a stoner sitting at home making simple bullshit so I doubt they'll come after me. once it starts to stack, I'm not going to forget who gave me the tools I needed to make that happen. I don't sell .max models online and I don't usually work on large multi-animator projects unless it's with other students. (I'm not even a student anymore)

here's the next update. I'll probably have the scene finished today (remarkably easy shift this morning) and i have tomorrow off to animate it.

as for "my game"

I have been in contact with daniel zeller, creator of Skate Lines 2 for android, who seems to very much enjoy my animations. At this point if everything goes as according to plan, I will become an animator for his team, making his game and my game unified into what will become an even better game. I'm hoping he lets me change a few things about the animations and explains the system to me, but this is a game I can definitely get behind, and if the Lyon isn't part of it already then it should be.

oh heres another update
    Last edited by wrayayrton; 02-15-2016 at 11:16 AM. Reason: forgot the update

Steam
    wrayayrton

couldnt go as all-out with the ivy as I wanted as it put the polycount into the hundred thousands and the framerate in the dozens but alas there is now a little ivy to make it more clearly the lyon

very cool.

Steam
    wrayayrton

thank you! I'm gonna call the scene done now since it's almost 420 then i got work at 5. tomorrow I'll be animating it!

last simple render before I start making desktop backgrounds out of this shit
    Last edited by wrayayrton; 02-15-2016 at 01:05 PM.

Oh god. What have you done. I love it. Love it. Yes

next for jaws: ollie over the spiral staircase in the back.

Steam
    wrayayrton

finished the first animation! here's 3 previews. guess what trick it is and I'll post the first whole anim here (of many more to come this spot is fun to animate on)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wrayayrton View Post

finished the first animation! here's 3 previews. guess what trick it is and I'll post the first whole anim here (of many more to come this spot is fun to animate on)
    thats a hardflip

Steam
    wrayayrton

yep!

I'm planning a nollie, 360 flip, boneless, and possibly a kickflip or a heelflip as well, this is a preview for yall only of the first anim so dont show this to anyone. just wait till i finish all of them. also let me know any tricks youd wanna see as i'm always open to suggestions

Minglin'
    Steam
    None
    PSN
    None
    XBL
    DocoSerrr
    Wii
    None

That looks dope as! Good job man
    Legacy!!

Minglin'

wow this is so good

Minglin'
    Steam
    None
    PSN
    None
    XBL
    DocoSerrr
    Wii
    None

Was in the middle of building this and cap crashed!! Amateur mistake I forgot to fill the prop meter! , hopefully I'll have this remade in a few days has anyone remade it yet?
    Legacy!!

XBL
    SKATAN 81

i NEVER fill the prob meter , just save every 2-3 steps and your good . and nah i dont think that anyone made this spot b4 in skate 3 because most people here stick to realism so there is not really a point for building this spot to olli .... and the other thing is i dont think you can build this in a cap and have a decent look of it ..

XBL
    emericaridr11

Quote Originally Posted by HCH Media View Post
    i NEVER fill the prob meter , just save every 2-3 steps and your good . and nah i dont think that anyone made this spot b4 in skate 3 because most people here stick to realism so there is not really a point for building this spot to olli .... and the other thing is i dont think you can build this in a cap and have a decent look of it ..
    we fill the prop meter to lower the timeline length, I understand it cuts down on freezing too but this is Never why I filled the prop meter.... it was to get a proper timeline length

also I think this could be made just fine like, we dont have light colored bricks but other than that this Can be done damn good like

XBL
    SKATAN 81

Timeline?? Like in the replay Editor ? Can you please explane that ? I dont Understand what the prob. Have to do with the Timeline . ???? .. And what is the use of a Short Timeline ? ��
    Last edited by HCH Media; 02-18-2016 at 10:49 AM.

Minglin'
    Steam
    None
    PSN
    None
    XBL
    DocoSerrr
    Wii
    None

It seems to freeze after 20mins or so if i don't have the prop meter filled (not saying this is the case for everyone) I've started again and made sure I've saved this one
    Legacy!!

XBL
    emericaridr11

Quote Originally Posted by HCH Media View Post
    Timeline?? Like in the replay Editor ? Can you please explane that ? I dont Understand what the prob. Have to do with the Timeline . ???? .. And what is the use of a Short Timeline ? ��
    for some reason if you have the prop meter full your timeline will be at give or take 45 seconds at the longest.... if you dont have the prop meter full your timeline will go to 90 seconds + (like it does in freeskate)

the reason for a shorter timeline is to make filming easier... with the 90sec timeline you cannot put markers as close together as you could with say a 30 sec timeline (both have the same amount of space on the visual timeline, 90secs vs 45 secs on that "space" covers much more space per marker making it harder to film the way you want

hope I worded it so it makes sense to you

Steam
    wrayayrton

render of the next anim, a nollie

Firecracker ! Hippy Jump ! Straight No Comply ! Early method !

Steam
    wrayayrton

a firecracker down this shit would be absolutely disgusting, however animating that would be soooooooooo tedious with 3 individual board-frames (and likely 4 or 5 foot frames) for every step, leading to over a hundred frames of frame-by-frame animation pretty much, so thats probably a no, however the no comply is tempting as i've already animated a boneless before with the same rig I was planning to use.

XBL
    SKATAN 81

thanks alot e. amazing its like filming with deleted system cache . now it makes sense .. thanks alot e . this is helpfull for my next recording session .. for the 3th time now , i stack footy since my last video from like 6-7 months ago or even longer . have 5 profiles to capture .. damn i have a sick feeling in my stomach when i think about how long it takes :-(

Steam
    wrayayrton

without further adieu, here's Animation vs. The Lyon

I may make a second one. I have a 4th animation about half done but I ran out of song so I capped this video here.

XBL
    SKATAN 81

"nice" but can you please fix the back foot ? landing on the toes would brake the foot immediately . the foot positions are like landing a flatground trick . totaly impossible to land something over 10 stairs this way

Steam
    wrayayrton

to be honest im not going to individually re render out each and every one of these scenes and reupload the video just to fix that, however that's more a fault of the bad rig than the animation. the toe bone on the skeleton really doesnt affect very much of the foot so you cant tell the foot is bending, and the way 3ds max does stuff it sometimes automatically adjusts heel position if your planted/sliding key is set on the toe (rather than heel) and you bend the knee. I'll try to pay more attention to that in the future though, I've never ollied down anything higher than 3 stairs and i always land on the balls of my feet rather than my heels.

if you look at the very last animation, I'm using a new higher-polygon character model that has better looking feet, and perhaps an animation with him down my lyon set you will like better! but if that bothered you too much you dont have to call it "nice" if you don't mean it! I will keep right on making them and I'm sure I'll do something along the way that genuinely impresses you.

XBL
    SKATAN 81

lol dude dont get me wrong it was more like could you please fix this in the future and not redo the clip ;-) .. that whole spot and the tricks are extremely sick

Don't Worry, Be Happy Poncho Lord's Avatar
    PSN
    trompo54

faith does yo flips!
    STREET
    BEERZ