Thread: The Inspiration

XBL
    TheDietTea

Default The Inspiration

Well if anyone remembers what I said before, me and my dad haven't really been able to get collaborations going.
    Also managed to break an expensive mic.. so I switched it up and started writing more songs, but also making beats.
    Got a ways to go but I'm sure I'll be dropping some lyrics on a few sub-par beats sometime.
    Anyway, was just wondering what you producers do to get inspired.
    I've started following my favorite artists a bit more, watching interviews, checking out the latest albums.
    Also started watching beat making videos.. everything from electronic to hip hop.
    What stood out most so far is Rhythm Roulette on massappeal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCer...04HvPd_G5ZLN0w
    and against the clock on FACT https://www.youtube.com/user/FACTmagazine

Blazing a Trail

Sick beat u made.. When u gonna spit some of raps over them?

XBL
    TheDietTea

Thank you.
    Hard to say, I'm ready to but I've been having some issues with quality the last few times I've tried.
    Be it my recording software, or soundcloud completely changing the tone it has been stressful.
    A bit tired of spending money man, wish there was some free software so I could just get something out.

Every software is free as long as you know how to pirate it.

XBL
    TheDietTea

Yeah.. used to do that all the time.
    Companies have gone smarter though, connecting to the internet can mean searching for a license automatically.
    I may just buy something, just didn't think it would cost me this much when I was like "Yeah. I could do that, I'll make music."

Blazing a Trail

What program u use? I use Caustic on my phone and get pretty good sounding synths and effects.. I think it's for PC to.. It only costs 10 bucks on my phone and u can use samples too..

Blazing a Trail

I still need to threw some songs up on SoundCloud

XBL
    TheDietTea

Programs now.. The stuff up on soundcloud was done using Linux Multimedia Studio because I had linux on my laptop. Then I was just throwing that into Audacity to record over the instrumental.
    Which wasn't producing what I wanted as far as the how the vocals came out.
    Likely going to get windows on that soon though, shit started acting crazy and I've been itching to capture some skate shit. BC taking forever.

Man. Ever feel stupid? haha
    It went over my head but for some reason you asking just made me remember what I used to do for decent quality.
    I used to have the instrumental by itself, do nothing but record vocals in audacity, then kind of "master" it in another program. I say master loosely, for lack of a better word.
    So I likely just need to go back to that method.. I was thinking about buying Ableton Live for my Mac and try Fruity Loops or something on the windows laptop.

Blazing a Trail

How's the tracks coming.. U figure out what program ur using?

Blazing a Trail

Soooo u working on tracks? I finally got FL studio 11 with the Nexus plug in... I've been learning the program... my songs sound 10x better then they did when I was using caustic on my phone
    Last edited by EternalRewind; 08-20-2016 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    Programs now.. The stuff up on soundcloud was done using Linux Multimedia Studio because I had linux on my laptop. Then I was just throwing that into Audacity to record over the instrumental.
    Which wasn't producing what I wanted as far as the how the vocals came out.
    Likely going to get windows on that soon though, shit started acting crazy and I've been itching to capture some skate shit. BC taking forever.

Man. Ever feel stupid? haha
    It went over my head but for some reason you asking just made me remember what I used to do for decent quality.
    I used to have the instrumental by itself, do nothing but record vocals in audacity, then kind of "master" it in another program. I say master loosely, for lack of a better word.
    So I likely just need to go back to that method.. I was thinking about buying Ableton Live for my Mac and try Fruity Loops or something on the windows laptop.
    Get cubase, No latency live input recording. Or just have a super bad ass soundcard and turn up the junk(24bit/192Khz) heavy but you can get minimal latency/playback with certain daws that do allow 64bit processing. etc cakewalk/avid/reaper/ableton. Just need the proper interface and preamp to contribute.
    Last edited by saunders420; 08-31-2016 at 08:33 AM.