Thread: Opteka Fishy

Amateur Flucker
    XBL
    isle
    Wii
    lol

Default Opteka Fishy

i got an opteka 6.5mm fishy lens for my canon 600d but i cant get the quality looking sick, there's something a bit wrong about it and i was wondering if anyone could help me out. i got no problems when im filming long lens, i just need help with the quality when using the fisheye. i can link a clip that i filmed yesterday as an example (still getting used to the really wide angled lens)
    Last edited by zzcoolapcs; 03-20-2016 at 08:39 AM.

XBL
    SKATAN 81

i asume its about sharpnes right ? i use a Century MK2 ultra fisheye for my sony HD cam .. do you have the BABY DEATH lense or is it the actual Death lense ? ... some of the older high quallity fisheyes are way too much shaped and the fisheye effect is way to crazy for a digital cam to handle . i used a spacer ring ( distance ring ) to get the lense a lil bit more fare away what made the quallity a lil bit better but the down side is you have less fisheye effect what is still enough when you have a baby death lense . and how is it about stady shot ? did you deactivate for fisheye use ?

Amateur Flucker
    XBL
    isle
    Wii
    lol

Amateur Flucker
    XBL
    isle
    Wii
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by HCH Media View Post
    i asume its about sharpnes right ? i use a Century MK2 ultra fisheye for my sony HD cam .. do you have the BABY DEATH lense or is it the actual Death lense ? ... some of the older high quallity fisheyes are way too much shaped and the fisheye effect is way to crazy for a digital cam to handle . i used a spacer ring ( distance ring ) to get the lense a lil bit more fare away what made the quallity a lil bit better but the down side is you have less fisheye effect what is still enough when you have a baby death lense . and how is it about stady shot ? did you deactivate for fisheye use ?
    umm i think it could be the sharpness but i've seen this fisheye being used for the same camera and the quality looking fine. i have steady shot off

XBL
    SKATAN 81

can you tell me what lense it is exactly ? on the fist look it could be the sharpnes setting on the cam ... is it set to auto ? thats one thing the digi cams cant really handle , you should set the fokus (sharpnes) by your self .. the cam tryes to make all sharp what is impossible , you should set it to a fix´d distance and save the setting than the center should be extremly sharp but the outsides (corners of the screen ) should be really unsharp . if you dont like it that way , find a ballance but it should be better than what you have right now
    Last edited by HCH Media; 03-20-2016 at 09:21 AM.

PSN
    Ellishobbs27

do you use a handle?
    "Release your inner homo" - Valleyboy420

XBL
    SKATAN 81

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbs View Post
    do you use a handle?
    dont looks like he has one .. could be the problem too

Amateur Flucker
    XBL
    isle
    Wii
    lol

i have a handle but thats not the problem im talking about, this was the first line i've ever filmed with a fisheye as wide angled as this one so thats just because im not use to filming as close as i should with this fishy. i have the opteka 6.5mm f/3.5 fisheye lens for the canon eos series and i've seen videos with this exact setup with nice looking quality so im not too sure what im doing wrong but it is only my second time trying to film with the fisheye. i'll give that sharpness thing a shot. thanks guys, if theres anything else you think it could be then i'd be real appreciative!!