Thread: VX1000 ISSUES (HELP ME)

Question VX1000 ISSUES (HELP ME)

So I've been putting this off for awhile now and it's actually getting annoying. So Issue #1, every time I move the video finder up the screen goes black and I have to take out the battery and restart my camera. Issue #2, I can no longer use the playback mode on my camera... When I switch into the mode the buttons are supposed to light up but they stay black. If someone can help me that would be very rad. Peace out fluckit

XBL
    SKATAN 81

throw it away the 90´s are over since a view days
    Last edited by HCH Media; 04-26-2016 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCH Media View Post
    I can't I just can't

Steam
    James Granko
    PSN
    Grankosson
    XBL
    H TIO

Why are you always picking on people using VXs? Let the dude film with whatever he wants.

XBL
    SKATAN 81

lol because the whole vx over hype by kids who are to young to be around at the vx time is soooo annoying . if we had hd cams back in the day or i phones 100% of the people woulda had sayd fuck the vx ...it was not even good when it was new compared to other cams ... now the whole hype about the cam is the look of it and people feel like core skaters when they use it and making it look like vx in skate is even more pointles people should care about what they show and not how to show ... i have really no problem with shit qualli when the guys are not able to have it better like filming at the tv because they have something to capture and they want to share it in any way ...

ps the vx footy now on digital videos look by the way not even close to the ones on VHS

and it would be way coolr when people would try any older came or or even 8mm or 16mm for the art fakt ... but like i sayd it all abot how the actual cam look and not what comes out of it .
    Last edited by HCH Media; 04-26-2016 at 01:30 PM.

Awful Awfuls!

hch why make such strange psychological analysis's of VX filmers? the simplest and most probable reason these people film with it is because they like how it looks. both hd and vx have a different look, neither of which are objectively superior to the other. just like artists, filmers choose one medium over the other and their style develops from there. you may have your certain taste in regards to filming style, but understand that tons of people (myself included) genuinely enjoy watching vx footage, not because of some kind of trend.

PSN
    Ellishobbs27

So as for issue #1, it seems that you have a viewfinder ribbon cable that needs repair, for that, here are these two links that will most definitely help you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9IlXBAruZc and http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-DCR-VX1...-/130456335038

Now, as for the second issue, i'm not too sure on what that is, but i do know one thing, you shouldn't be using your vx1000 playback, and you should probably get another mini dv camera to use to capture and review the footage.

But message this man as he is the expert on all things vx1000 related: kerry@videoelectronics.tv
    "Release your inner homo" - Valleyboy420

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbs View Post
    So as for issue #1, it seems that you have a viewfinder ribbon cable that needs repair, for that, here are these two links that will most definitely help you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9IlXBAruZc and http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-DCR-VX1...-/130456335038

Now, as for the second issue, i'm not too sure on what that is, but i do know one thing, you shouldn't be using your vx1000 playback, and you should probably get another mini dv camera to use to capture and review the footage.

But message this man as he is the expert on all things vx1000 related: kerry@videoelectronics.tv
    Thank you bro ill have to invest my money into a new ribbon cable very soon. Also i have no idea why it matters what people film with HCH if I like the camera and want to continue using it that's my decision... if you don't wanna watch vx videos go watch nyjah huston lol. Almost everything I post turns into total drama it ridiculous.

XBL
    SKATAN 81

lol dude dont get me wrong there is no hate on you fella . i just dont like the hype of the cam ..

ps: hate on a skater who is good at it .. is truely worse

lol dude dont get me wrong there is no hate on you fella . i just dont like the hype of the cam ..

ps: hate on a skater who is good at it .. is truely worse
    you take things so seriously sum times.

century deathlens is pretty unique, i dig it.

but yea, an iphone with an olloclip will give way better quality.

XBL
    TheDietTea

I think you can intentionally ruin a video's quality.. if it isn't about the camera maybe just experiment with that.
    The right render settings to dumb it down? shoot.

Blazing a Trail
    Steam
    Eastcoastskateboard1
    PSN
    anderson347
    XBL
    CoastSkates

make an account on skateperception and ask your problems in the about anything section. Those guys will really help you. the first issue you talked about probably has to do with the view finder ribbon cable like someone else said.
    L8 Media

Team Avid

Don't Worry, Be Happy Poncho Lord's Avatar
    PSN
    trompo54

1. you can fix the viewfinder yourself if youre careful when taking the camera apart. all you need to do is change the ribbon cable (ive done it before, theres plenty of tutorials)
    2. you might be better off without playback. playing back footy will ruin your heads over time, so not being able to do it at all might be a blessing. I actually used a camera with no playback for about 2 years, just got one with playback since i dont wanna keep looking bad in front of people i shouldnt be looking bad in front of
    STREET
    BEERZ

thanks guys i bought a ribbon cable

aight its all fixed now thnk u hobbs for the links

PSN
    Ellishobbs27

Quote Originally Posted by sad View Post
    np my dude, i got you
    "Release your inner homo" - Valleyboy420

Fluckin' Hatchling

Question QUESSSSTION

Quote Originally Posted by sad View Post
    Sup dog, how did u get ur player fixed? im having tha same problem g , i know its not good to keep checking the foot, but i have my reasons, hahaha
    My lights doesnt want to appear more...