Thread: Skate 3 Backward Comp. NEWS :(

Unhappy Skate 3 Backward Comp. NEWS :(

So basically the game we all admire EA Skate 3 doesn't look like it's coming out on the Xbox One, I've read a few things online saying "EA has no idea that skate 3 is coming to backward compatibility" I've also seen a few people on youtube calling EA (NOT X7 ALBERT) Asking where they are and they just said that they have no date for the game or a date for a new skate game.... Im actually really let down right now. Anyways take care fluckit.

This isn't news, it's speculation, just have patience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    This isn't news, it's speculation, just have patience.
    just kinda losing hope man, EA has always done this... We've been waiting for a new skate game for 6 years and they know we want one but they are not doing anything. the xbox one version was supposed to come out like last year WTF is going on.

P.S im sorry i said "News' in the title y0

XBL
    TheDietTea

Speculation or not we're allowed to talk about it and I believe Microsoft is just blowing smoke.
    Why would they even announce these games for back compat without the companies permission?
    If that much is true what a ROOKIE MISTAKE.
    It's almost like a teenager started running the video game nook and now it's headed downhill.
    I blame Microsoft and see no other reason why it would take this long.

XBL
    SKATAN 81

nah dude its on the legit list of the next releases .. was with 5 games on the next comming list with borderlands .. and borderlands was out last month .. the next games are bioshock 1,2,3 black ops 1 and skate 3 ..

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    Speculation or not we're allowed to talk about it and I believe Microsoft is just blowing smoke.
    Why would they even announce these games for back compat without the companies permission?
    If that much is true what a ROOKIE MISTAKE.
    It's almost like a teenager started running the video game nook and now it's headed downhill.
    I blame Microsoft and see no other reason why it would take this long.
    you're allowed to talk about it.

speculation without actual info is not NEWS

Awful Awfuls!

itll happen dont worry braj just like takin a shit sometimes u get a bit constipated hahahah

Quote Originally Posted by EmmitBrown View Post
    you're allowed to talk about it.

speculation without actual info is not NEWS
    Boom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

XBL
    Stokenstein

Microsoft has advertised it as a future backwards compatible title for months and months now on multiple occasions. I find it hard to believe they would whiff it this hard and advertise a game they had no permission or confirmation they would be releasing.

XBL
    TheDietTea

Quote Originally Posted by Stokenstein View Post
    Microsoft has advertised it as a future backwards compatible title for months and months now on multiple occasions. I find it hard to believe they would whiff it this hard and advertise a game they had no permission or confirmation they would be releasing.
    Hey, not knocking that.. Could be.
    Strange that they would "accidentally" leak a back compat ad in the email though. Like they already had all this advertising ready to go?

Chief Alcohol Strategist momadaddy's Avatar
    PSN
    momadaddy
    XBL
    momadaddy

I was going to buy a xbone for the bc when it released but I'm not getting one till then. I did however but my girlfriend one as a gift. My ps4 is my baby though. I love it. Just want a bigger hdd

"Your friendship with xi SATORI ix has been broken"

Seems like there might be some things going on behind the scenes. Microsoft has advertised skate 3 as an upcoming title for a while but it still hasn't been announced. Maybe they are trying to get all the customization stuff (i.e. custom graphics etc) up and running again, would seem weird to have the game without all those features.

XBL
    TheDietTea

Quote Originally Posted by Dead_Head View Post
    Seems like there might be some things going on behind the scenes. Microsoft has advertised skate 3 as an upcoming title for a while but it still hasn't been announced.
    Boom.

Maybe they are trying to get all the customization stuff (i.e. custom graphics etc) up and running again, would seem weird to have the game without all those features.
    While I highly doubt it, if that did happen I would no longer have beef with Microsoft.

It's literally all speculation is what's crazy though.
    *So far I've heard it's 360 emulation on the Xbox One.
    *Articles mention EA reps having no knowledge of plans for Skate 3 on the BC list.
    Some of us have had our fill of communication with those guys, so, that could be true.
    *Whoever the responsible party is doesn't really matter at this point, I think it's fair to say they are both at fault.
    I still lead my own speculation with the thinking that they are all either;
    Full of Crap
    Very Lazy
    Misinformed
    or all three.

Boom.

While I highly doubt it, if that did happen I would no longer have beef with Microsoft.

It's literally all speculation is what's crazy though.
    *So far I've heard it's 360 emulation on the Xbox One.
    *Articles mention EA reps having no knowledge of plans for Skate 3 on the BC list.
    Some of us have had our fill of communication with those guys, so, that could be true.
    *Whoever the responsible party is doesn't really matter at this point, I think it's fair to say they are both at fault.
    I still lead my own speculation with the thinking that they are all either;
    Full of Crap
    Very Lazy
    Misinformed
    or all three.

Microsoft we're most likely just showing popular 360 titles and had no real plans of releasing it, or hit a roadblock with porting it and don't have any of the black box team to fix it.

XBL
    TheDietTea

I'm just upset with this industry and all it's nonsense period. As these companies get richer, less seems to be done in our favor as the consumers. They get away with shitty products, aren't really forced to update anything. That's software, games, everything. Like we aren't investing in anything. Just paying for what was rushed to market by the date. Now marketing, is just straight lies to the consumer? That's why I'm upset. Feels a bit deeper than just Microsoft or just BC titles.

I'm just upset with this industry and all it's nonsense period. As these companies get richer, less seems to be done in our favor as the consumers. They get away with shitty products, aren't really forced to update anything. That's software, games, everything. Like we aren't investing in anything. Just paying for what was rushed to market by the date. Now marketing, is just straight lies to the consumer? That's why I'm upset. Feels a bit deeper than just Microsoft or just BC titles.
    we voice our opinions with our wallets. if people keep buying, they have no incentive to change

XBL
    SKATAN 81

Microsoft we're most likely just showing popular 360 titles and had no real plans of releasing it, or hit a roadblock with porting it and don't have any of the black box team to fix it.

BOLLOX this turnd into a stupid speculation thread ... just show some patience ... and what you want to fix on a done game ?? and even why the hell do people care that much when it will come to the xbox one ?? you can play it all day on the 360 and ps3 and you have to notice that the cap merge glitch will not work on the next gen because you cant delite system cache on the xbone and you get 1 big file instad of lil patches here and there like on the 360 ... to be honest all i see comming out of that is a shit load of videos with a really shit quallity because the capture app sucks dick all day i made now a view hardline videos and i can honestly say that it will look like shit .
    Last edited by HCH Media; 05-17-2016 at 02:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCH Media View Post
    BOLLOX this turnd into a stupid speculation thread ... just show some patience ... and what you want to fix on a done game ?? and even why the hell do people care that much when it will come to the xbox one ?? you can play it all day on the 360 and ps3 and you have to notice that the cap merge glitch will not work on the next gen because you cant delite system cache on the xbone and you get 1 big file instad of lil patches here and there like on the 360 ... to be honest all i see comming out of that is a shit load of videos with a really shit quallity because the capture app sucks dick all day i made now a view hardline videos and i can honestly say that it will look like shit .
    +11

XBL
    TheDietTea

Patience? Ha..
    I finally broke down and bought a one "spoke with my wallet" when they announced BC as something real.
    Another money grabbing product or 5 will be out before this is done with, hell, it may never be finished.
    I'm glad I held onto my 360 but the built in dvr is the shit. Way better than the standard capture device I had.
    I have made several videos using other games and published them, there's nothing wrong with the quality.
    Honestly, ended up liking a couple things on the one but BC was a big part of my decision to put the money down.
    I would rather have Skate 3 with new life on the xbox one than go out and buy another device to capture skate with again.
    It's been about half a year now, less than 10% of 360 up on BC not including arcade titles.
    I might own something like 20 fully priced arcade titles on the 360.
    Voting completely out the window, now rumors of it being the game publisher's fault.
    Most of us have put a lot of money down, just to remain patient.
    If you're being patient, you've got another way to capture skate or just flat out like being tossed around by big corporations.
    Meh, end rant though. I'm just sayin.
    Last edited by Antwan; 05-17-2016 at 02:27 PM.

you voted with your wallet before the promises came to fruition.

girl: we can fuck if you buy me this outfit.
    you: sure. here you go.
    girl (wearing new outfit): im tired. call me tomorrow.

you fell for the ol' okey doke

edit: in simpler terms, your wallet can also vote "no" by not buying things unless they meet your minimum specs. the correct way to vote for backwards compatibility (since its obviously an important issue for you) would be to hold off on purchasing one until skate was playable on it. you got trigger happy. your fault.

corporations are responsible for almost everything you use every day, for work, recreation, and sustaining life.
    Last edited by EmmitBrown; 05-17-2016 at 12:25 PM.

XBL
    SKATAN 81

black ops 1 came out today so its only skate 3 and bioshock 1.2.3 left on the next upcoming games so that list with borderlands , black ops 1 , skate 3 and bioshok 1,2,3 is legit

XBL
    TheDietTea

Quote Originally Posted by EmmitBrown View Post
    you voted with your wallet before the promises came to fruition.

girl: we can fuck if you buy me this outfit.
    you: sure. here you go.
    girl (wearing new outfit): im tired. call me tomorrow.

you fell for the ol' okey doke

edit: in simpler terms, your wallet can also vote "no" by not buying things unless they meet your minimum specs. the correct way to vote for backwards compatibility (since its obviously an important issue for you) would be to hold off on purchasing one until skate was playable on it. you got trigger happy. your fault.

corporations are responsible for almost everything you use every day, for work, recreation, and sustaining life.
    That is the entire point of my rant..
    They are responsible for everything and run it all like assholes, selling people on possibility.
    There shouldn't be a void where I "got trigger happy" on a purchase, the company blowing smoke and then figuring out how to come through on their ideas later.
    It's completely half assed and the video game industry gets away with this A LOT.

I was just thinking I'm going to install black ops later and see what's up when I capture some campaign footy.

HCH is Hardline really an accurate comparison to Skate 3 though?
    If we're going to decide if it looks good or not, shouldn't it be a backwards compatible title?

XBL
    SKATAN 81

yea the recording frame rate cant keep up with the fast movements even in hardline and a skateboard flips faster .. next thing is i played now black ops 1 on the xbox one for 4h straight and the game runs not even close to as on the 360 .. looks all like barely 30fps in 1080 and multiplayer has more imputlag compared to the 360 version

Seems like there might be some things going on behind the scenes. Microsoft has advertised skate 3 as an upcoming title for a while but it still hasn't been announced. Maybe they are trying to get all the customization stuff (i.e. custom graphics etc) up and running again, would seem weird to have the game without all those features.
    Backward compatibility isn't just for people wanting to play older games again, it is also about getting new players to try a game. From the perspective of someone who has never played skate 3, the fact that some of the games social and creative features are no longer usable might make people not buy it.

XBL
    TheDietTea

If they would just tell us already, I could easily go get a capture device.
    They wouldn't leave us in the dark unless something was up. What it is, debatable, but something isn't right.

HCH, there is likely a workaround to that..
    well, maybe..
    There usually is.
    Have you tried capturing it, going into the editor, slow-mo it, upload it.
    Download it, throw it into a video editor, speed it back up?
    Basically what some do for awesome ramped slow-mos.. Just wonder if it can be utilized for something like this.
    I can't remember if the upload editor does all that, I don't do much in it.
    Obviously I can't say Skate 3 will look good because I have no idea, but yes very fast games can look crazy, I don't even try to capture them for that reason.
    Take the new DOOM game for example..
    You know what's happening if you've played it before but some things don't feel worth recording unless you turn off the motion blur and still things can be hard to see.
    I still have to try out black ops, I installed it and DLC just didn't get around to playing it last night.

XBL
    SKATAN 81

antwan .. nah i only captured multiplayer and you cant play that in slomo ... but we have the arm ghosting on the last gen and i bet you this will be a way bigger problem on next gen .." slow recording "i did that in my last vol.9 video and the arm ghosting is still there and i never saw anyone got rid of it ... . i wondering what you say about black ops ... the playtime with that imput lag was not really enjoyable to me when i compare it to last gen ... i had a 4bar connection all the time and the game felt and lookd like a 2bar connection all the time .. but i have not tryed to play by my self like storymode or zombie single player .. but i assume there is the same imput lag to it .

XBL
    TheDietTea

I'm not going to pretend I know what "Input Lag" means.
    Capturing single player for Black Ops isn't that bad.
    What I'm beginning to wonder though is if the shooters we've "tried to capture" are even good comparisons to a game like skate.
    It might be 60 fps, but there aren't explosions, and you rarely record gameplay online when you play skate.
    One could argue numerous things about online gameplay being recorded.
    Your Connection, Xbox Live, The Game Servers, In Game Settings that can not be changed like motion blur.
    I would still be interested in capturing some Skate 3 via Back Compat.
    It wasn't impossible to make unwatchable things watchable when I got a standard definition capture card, so I'm a bit optimistic about capturing the game.
    A weird place to be haha..
    Starting to doubt it will make the list lately, but feel like capturing it would work.
    No way Skate 4 happens. Skate 3 BC or bust I'm thinking.

XBL
    SKATAN 81

I'm not going to pretend I know what "Input Lag" means.
    Capturing single player for Black Ops isn't that bad.
    What I'm beginning to wonder though is if the shooters we've "tried to capture" are even good comparisons to a game like skate.
    It might be 60 fps, but there aren't explosions, and you rarely record gameplay online when you play skate.
    One could argue numerous things about online gameplay being recorded.
    Your Connection, Xbox Live, The Game Servers, In Game Settings that can not be changed like motion blur.
    I would still be interested in capturing some Skate 3 via Back Compat.
    It wasn't impossible to make unwatchable things watchable when I got a standard definition capture card, so I'm a bit optimistic about capturing the game.
    A weird place to be haha..
    Starting to doubt it will make the list lately, but feel like capturing it would work.
    No way Skate 4 happens. Skate 3 BC or bust I'm thinking.
    EB´s imput lag video showes that really good .. its a delay from the time you pop with the controller to the skater lifts of the ground in game . and i totaly feel that in black ops and in left 4 dead i bet stuff like BF3 or bad company would be not playable because they had always that clunky movement and now imagen a 1/2 or 1 full second more delay O.o . so you might have to do all tricks 1/2 or 1 sec earlyr to make it right .

i think a fps is really good to compare it with skate becaus flips and and a fast camera turn are as faster as a fps game .. yea recording slower could be a fix for that but we have to try that first ...

about skate 4 im slowely thinking they work on something behind the scenes and try if its good enough .. man they just cant ignore all that twitter stuff .. even a total retard would notiice that people want skate 4 more than any other EA game ...
    Last edited by HCH Media; 05-22-2016 at 07:19 AM.

http://www.amazon.com/Skate-Xbox-360...STPBWK2RRT3GGG

People are saying Skate 2 and the games under the also viewed section are going BC.

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

about skate 4 im slowely thinking they work on something behind the scenes and try if its good enough .. man they just cant ignore all that twitter stuff .. even a total retard would notiice that people want skate 4 more than any other EA game ...
    That's not the problem. 100,000 people yelling that they want Skate 4 won't change EA's mind when they can spend the same resources to sell 7 million copies of Battlefield.

It's not a matter of if it would turn a profit, it's a matter of EA knowing that they can turn MORE profit doing something else. And they're not wrong. It sucks, but it's true.
    The artist formerly known as Luft